Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borumba Dam

Borumba Dam

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has recently fished at Borumba ? If so, can you please tell me what was working and what wasn't? How will the cold effect them as I am going down there in about 6 weeks and would really like to nail some bass !!
    Any info will be much appreciated !
    Thanks
    Bel

Re: Borumba Dam

fished it about a month ago got 40+ bass 1 toga and 8 yella between 3 people.

My mate is going there this friday for 3 days so ill let you know how he goes.

That would be fantastic - thanks Barrakid

spent a weekend there recently...yabba arm of the dam was good spot for us.Didnt catch anything but bass tho,strikeback soft plastics and spinnerbaits worked well.Good luck C-queen, it is a beautiful dam.

the cold weather does affect there habits, it doesn't mean the fishing is bad it just means the fishing is different. i'm heading up on monday for a fish i'll post a report if the results aren't too embarising.

Thanks guys, any info gratefully appreciated !!

Bel,
    Try doing a search on ausfish for Borumba and you should get a lot of results.

We were there a few weekends ago, no fish but great to be out on the water at dawn with no crowds around.

Have fun

Jeffrey

Fished there last sunday with nothing much. Got 1 43cm bass and 1 yella 45cm. Both in a little bay where the water was a little clearer. Water in main basin was shocking.

nice dam caught 2 mary river cod and 3 bass

Not worth a proper report but i'll fill you in. I was on the water from about 6:30-2:30ish. Started off in borumba arm having a flick around th timber, dad scored a mini bass straight up on a gold sx60 but apart from that nothing in that arm. We headed into the main basin and had a troll looking for schooled up fish in the shallower water (3-5 metre contour) on the northern bank for zip. we sounded around on the edge of the creek bed in the middle and found a stack of schooled up fish sitting at about 13-15metres, there was no shallow thermocline only a hazy layer around the 8 metre mark. we dropped a few different lures down to them again for no result. the leccy motor had started to play up a bit so we went for another troll looking for schooled fish. I scored 2 more mini bass in about 4 metres of water in the main basin outside borumba arm. we decided to head into yabba arm and headed the whole way up to the top fishing here and there 4 zero results. No sartoga were sighted at all. water varied from 19 deg in the main basin to 22 up in the feeder arms. there were afew boats out there. mostly grey nomads lots of zeros, another fella scored a bass trolling in the timber and another 2 couples seemed to have done ok based on what they had at the cleaning table (a big silver and maybe 4-5 decent bass between the 4 of them) i think they were fishing bait in the shallows.

On a side note we saw 3 red deer, that whole area seems pretty good deer country, being a keen bowhunter if anyone if anyone is a local with land up that way and willing to let people on drop me a pm.

My mates pulled out of the trip because his bro got sick but another mate went up on friday and got 1 bass on a zip and zaggy for the morning.
    the water temp hasn't dropped much since i was there a month or so back.
    it was 20 degrees in the basin and 22.8 degrees up the right arm when i went.

cheers BK

Tazzydeveil,

how big were your two cod you got mate? Cause i went to borumba there about 3 months ago and got absolutely hammered twice right up the right arm of the dam and i had no chance of stopping what ever it was before it made it back to cover on my 10lb braid.

Im heading there this friday night and staying till sunday so i will post a report monday or tuesday letting everyone know how i go.

not biggy guys only about 5kg both released

Thanks guys, I appreeciated the information - only 2 weeks to go now, and I can't wait. I will look around, but apparently from what i have read, and heard that Borumba is fishing extremely slow at the moment due to a variety of reasons.
    I will get back on here and let you know how we go anyhow, and maybe put up some piccies, if i can work out how.

Thanks again
    Bel

catfish queen are you heading there this wknd coming?