Thread: Mondy M & G

Mondy M & G

well, where do I start?
    Regular listeners would know that this week end just been was earmarked as a bit of a m&g for the Sweetwater boys, and as a few of us Ausfishos wear 2 hats in internet land, we were up there as well to shake hands, drink beer, look at burning wood, and as a side line, maybe try to tempt a barra.
    Ive finally been able to put a face to names Ive been yakking to for a while now via the keyboard, Nipsta, Chis B, Whitto, Nath, Lyndon and Kel, Steve B, Foxie, Johnny M were the ausfishos I knew or knew of, then there was Swanno, Fitzy, Birdy, Randall, Brad, Dave, Dale, Ben and probably a heap of others that I just cant re-call at the mo, an old line I know, but a pleasure to meet all you boys, and Kel of course.
    Trip highlights, yeah there were a couple, comeing into the camp kitchen on Sunday arvo and seeing the "I just dated Jen Hawkins" look on Nipstas face, he had smacked an absolute horse that arvo in B, and Nath was on the spot to get it all on video, good stuff mate , Kel flying up and getting her first Mondy barra, despite Lyndons attempts at a bit of self pierceing with a treble, finally catching up with Steve B, bout time mate hey, meeting a heap of like minded fishos out to have a frostie or two .
    Bizzare moments, tieing off at the mouth of a creek up the back and flogging a patch of lantana to death with 50 casts, only to see a tree branch fall down and hit the waters edge, scareing a meter plus fish out of the spindly stuff, right where Id been casting, leaveing a bow wave like a sub and then exposeing half its back as it raced thru the shallows, Nath haveing a fish go over the top of a log in its keeness to eat his lure, watching 5 foot of Monduran eel keep pace with me as I motored along on the leccy, re-discovering my catfish mojo, doing a pre dawn run up the dam on a dark moon phase, that ones fun.
    Frustrating moments, if every short strike swirl was a fish it would have been an awesome trip, dropping 2 fish on a hard day, me and Nath flogging H to foam for 0 fish in the net, comeing back to the ramp to find some useless D/H has hit my trailer, minimal damage but still....
    Soooo, to the fishing, Johnny M got a few on Sat, I dont know the specifics, Nipsta will be dineing out on his fish for quite a while I suspect , Nath and Whitto were pinning em, just couldnt get them to stick, but still had one more run to do as I left this morning, how did you go fellas?? I know Fitzy dropped one Sunday morn,so there were enuff around to keep it interesting.
    How did I go you ask?, pulled a 79 out of tiger country in the cattle yards on Sat arvo, found myself in my new favourite little bay early Sunday morning, haveing a vigorous debate with myself over the relative merits of a pre dawn start after haveing consumed so many cans of black rat the previous nite, and fluked a 109 out of the wood work, same spot as last weeks metery.
    To sum up, great week end, havent got a lot of pics this time, just didnt get round to it, hopeing Nath gets Nipsta's fish up on the board.
    cheers
    brian
    Last edited by BR65; 05-05-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Re: Mondy M & G

Brian, Good to finally meet you too. And everyone else. Unfortunatly,We didnt get much of a chance to chat hey. But we will again, as you come up here about 743 times a year Next time we will get out for a fish!

I just enjoyed sitting around the fire and absorbing some of the great stories and laughs, particularly Swanos stories, man he cracked me up. Big thanks to Fitzy and anyone else who had a hand in organising the weekend. Unfortunalty, a big night fri night, my 2 year olds kid screaming party Sat and work limited my fishing.

We got 6 fish Fri arvo all under a metre, which was a bit different and not a touch on Saturday....excuse???? water temp???? not sure. Still had fun though!!!

cheers steve

yeah, good trip mate, and Swano knows how to tell em, funny bast*rd, I wasnt sure how you went fish wise, I asked Foxie and he said Sat was pretty quiet, did you fish your honey hole???
    gave that shallow stuff we were kickin around a bit of a go on Sun morn for one dropped fish on a suspending x-rap off a point in B pretty early, and a couple of swirls, aaarrrrgh, so close, but so far

Hey guys.
    Thanks for the report Brian. Sonds like we missed out big time. Loving the camp fire.
    Had a few updates from Lyndon and Kel throughout the weekend so i was sort of in the know. Thanks guys.
    Shit any fish out of the yards at the moment is a great fish. That is sabre toothed tiger country. Where abouts were you in the yards?? Not tooo specific!!!
    Great work on the 109, shee they must be hard to land solo.
    Did you give the B 52 a flick? Much other traffic on the water???
    Cheers
    Ben

Good read Brian ..... I would have loved to have been there ( discussed with Whitey when we went breamin on Saturday) ..... We both agreed It's just not the same (Barra Vs Bream)
    Nice to hear that you got to meet up with so many tragics & characters

Top stuff

Ps ..... Its surprising where those big mummas lay up ( my sounder doesn't read in inches though )

yeah, had to do a bit of knittin Ben, got some new scratchs on the quinny, will pm you re what we were yakkin bout last week. Traffic increased as the morning went on, think every one was working the no bite till after 9 theory, I had the 109 netted and released by about 6am, only one other boat had come into B that I saw.
    chris, went for a SP flick this arvo for a couple of flathead for tea, like your bream mate, its good, but its just not the same. Im struggling with that shallow stuff, had a yack to Steve on Sat nite, and tried a few of his tips Sunday, but yet to be confidant, even though I see others results, more time on the water needed I think

Hi Brian great report mate and it was also great to finally catchup. Well done on getting out of bed to catch a nice barra or 2 mate.

How good was it with 2 campfires going with people travelling from one to the other for a yarn. Watching good old aussie barra and cod catching dvd's. Listening to Swano's version of the english language was always entertaining - he should bring out his own dictionary where he uses the english language to fill in gaps between his own version of the Aussie language - priceless!!!

One of Swano's best " i cast this lure and it hit the water like a cow dropping out of a pine tree".

Or Fitzy's " the guy could tie a great fly but couldn't cast a shadow".

And how about the camp cooking???? We are sure all of us went home a kg or 2 heavier ha.

Can't wait to catchup again guys thanks for the great wknd.

Cheers Kel & Lyndon.

Brian, gave the honey hole a break. Found similar water in 2 other areas to get the fish Friday. Had a ball. Might go up this weekend or better still, Monday.
    I just want to get as much in before it gets cold. Then we hit the reefs!!!!

cheers again mate. Steve