Thread: House boat wreck / peel island spots

House boat wreck / peel island spots

Guys, going out for my first over nighter since I got my new boat 8 months ago and want to make it a memorable one. I really want to spend the night off peel and would love to give the house boat wreck a go. Please, please, please can someone email me some GPS points to fender22@tpg.com.au or even give me a hint where it is. I've spent hours zig zagging around over there and never any luck. Even a clue? I have been told it's about 200m due South from the green beacon. Now looking across from Raby Bay the first green beacon you see is on the end of the spit, closest point to the mainland. Travelling South east from there is the next ine straight off South west rocks, then there is another couple of green beacons heading east around to the start of horse shoe bay.

Should I use a hook and ball sinker or patenoster style rig?
    Squid or pillies?

Don't want much do I! Would appreciate any help. Have been over there many times at the southern end there and I don't think I've ever caught a fish, end up going off welly pt where you usually catch a few squire at least
    Last edited by fender22; 04-05-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: forgot to flag instant email notification

Re: House boat wreck / peel island spots

A mate who knows the area pretty well says to take plenty of terminal tackle with you if you find the house boat.

Apparently there is a trawler net draped over the top of it.

Good luck

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

there is usually half a dozen boats parked on the house boat, if bagging out on Moses Perch is your thing

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stabin View Post
    there is usually half a dozen boats parked on the house boat, if bagging out on Moses Perch is your thing
    There were 3 parked on it this afternoon when I took the boat for a run.

Cheers

Dave

Whats wrong with moses perch? lol

Hay fello fisherman i'd like to know if it's near the south west rocks,as i've tryed to find it ,but No go..Regards

Boaties can any one help me with the gps markes, for the house boat off peel Island.you can mail me at dadshobby@hotmail.com much appreciated.

I swiped this of a dive forum..

Posted - 03 July 2009 : 1:14:56 PM Hi Mark,

I made a similar post about 6 months ago and no-one on Diveoz could help me. I got on Ausfish and plenty of the fishos were keen to help. The mark I got is 27 30.348'S 153 19.303'E.
    Apparantly the wreck is about 20 metres south from the Green Beacon otherwise known as spit beacon. Apparantly it comes up well on the sounder. The fishos reckon the wreck is full of bull sharks, but they of course wouldn't really know as they stay in the boat. As we know fisho always talk up the sharks at a site.
    The fishos reckon the wreck is very much in tact and to be careful as they claim it is covered by a trawler net that hooked up. If you go looking for it on the weekend there should be plenty of fishing boats around it.
    The day I went out to do it the water around there was brown soup so I gave it a miss and had a splash at the shallow old wreck off the point, the "wallace ", I think. The vis was slightly better there.
    My limited experience diving around Peel Is has given me the opinion that it is not worth the effort.
    Let me know how you go though I would be interested to know what you find.
    Talk soon,

It aint near South West Rocks

dont shoot the messenger.....

Around 200 meters SE of the houseboat is a nice little lump that holds more then Moses.

Rod

My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

I know it's a secret but here it is.

27 30.348'S 153 19.303'E. Apparantly the wreck is about 20 metres south from the Green Beacon otherwise known as spit beacon

What secret it's on google

i am also looking to go fishing near peel, just a couple of questions

How Deep is the water there?

Can you anchor ?

what sort of rigs do you use ?

and would a 12ft tinny be enough to go fishing out there ? or do i need bigger ?