Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blade lures... catch anything?

Blade lures... catch anything?

Just bought me a pair of.. TT';s switch blades. .. does anyone have any views/opinions of these metal blades?
    Last edited by haybii; 04-05-2008 at 12:33 AM.

Re: Blade lures... catch anything?

great lures, best for catching bream espesually when there schooled up.

I had the choice of a blade bait or r2s rover and chose the rover, I also put up a post asking how they go and haven't got any replies! lol so I think you made a better choice then me!

Cheers, Mick.

too bad you cant compair those two ones a surface lure ones fished like a plastic (sorta) id like to see how ya go on those lures in the middle of winter when the bream are schooled in 40ft of water

Ok had a fish with them... didnt get any bream but the whiting seemed to like em..

What do these things look like, still haven't seen one yet. Do they look like a normal metal blade lure. Are they a vibrating lure or do they use spinning blades ? If they are the vibrating lures, I love them...so do the bass and yellowbelly at North Pine. I use Evergreen littlemax, they vibrate like crazy. I fish them in a few different ways. A standard retrieve like using a jackall works well. My other technique is to find deep water, toss it out as far as possible, let it sink for just a second and flick the hell out of the rod.....I really work the rod tip, up and down to make the lure zip through the water ( I flick the rod tip like I'm striking a fish ) Very tiring but it can get you onto bass when nothing else seems to work.
    I got three bass in three casts a few weeks back using a littlemax with this technique, Then I lost the lure to a snag
    They cast an absolute mile
    Last edited by Little grey men; 06-05-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    too bad you cant compair those two ones a surface lure ones fished like a plastic (sorta) id like to see how ya go on those lures in the middle of winter when the bream are schooled in 40ft of water
    gee thats useful. i dont think he was comparing them Nut.

I saw the TTs yesterday ....... I'm guessing that they would be a useful addition around bridge pylons or natural rock walls

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I saw the TTs yesterday ....... I'm guessing that they would be a useful addition around bridge pylons or natural rock walls

Nagg
    they go good everywere, we were gettin em on weedbeds on monday, aswell as bridges and rockwalls and reefs, there awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    gee thats useful. i dint think he was comparing them Nut.

No i wasn't Roo, what i was trying to say was I had the option of buying the Rover or the blade because I had read articles in mags about them both (stick baits and Blade baits) and was keen to try them. I ended up buying the rover and put up a post up asking how they go as did Haybii. At that time I hadn't had any replies and said I had brought the rover instead if the blade but hadn't got any replies and wish I had got the blade.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers, Mick.

now now guys lets not make this a heated discussion

LGM - yeah mate they are like your evergreens.. fun little buggers.. and yes i too noticed that you can cast pretty far with them..

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    they go good everywere, we were gettin em on weedbeds on monday, aswell as bridges and rockwalls and reefs, there awsome
    I'm yet to adopt blades or vibes for my breamin ....... but I should certainly add a few to my tackle box as I struggle in deeper water !

Nagg

Been using them a lot lately. Mostly in the fresh on Bass but been trying to notch up some numbers in the salt and came up with this lovely the other day.

God they're ugly and I would have just cut a plastic off and never even brought it in the boat. So I guess there are some draw backs to using blade baits

whats the go with these lures? i noticed they usually have a 2 pronged treble... (maybe called a double) does that make the easy to bounce over rocky bottoms??

Haha nice stoney! What you do with him?

Cheers Tom