Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blade lures... catch anything?

Re: Blade lures... catch anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    What do these things look like, still haven't seen one yet. Do they look like a normal metal blade lure. Are they a vibrating lure or do they use spinning blades ? If they are the vibrating lures, I love them...so do the bass and yellowbelly at North Pine. I use Evergreen littlemax, they vibrate like crazy. I fish them in a few different ways. A standard retrieve like using a jackall works well. My other technique is to find deep water, toss it out as far as possible, let it sink for just a second and flick the hell out of the rod.....I really work the rod tip, up and down to make the lure zip through the water ( I flick the rod tip like I'm striking a fish ) Very tiring but it can get you onto bass when nothing else seems to work.
    I got three bass in three casts a few weeks back using a littlemax with this technique, Then I lost the lure to a snag
    They cast an absolute mile
    little gray the switch blades look much like that little max you had and the eco vx35 they all work great.
    figjam :wink:

Re: Blade lures... catch anything?

Quote Originally Posted by 84mick View Post
    I had the choice of a blade bait or r2s rover and chose the rover, I also put up a post asking how they go and haven't got any replies! lol so I think you made a better choice then me!

Cheers, Mick.
    mick the rovers work great, they have a tricky action to master. i found if you put a extra split ring on the tail and belly hook and replace the tail fether with just a good stinger trebble, you get a much better hook up rate. i was getting the most amazing hits on mine from bream and landed quite a few to but i found you would drop a lot of fish useing this lure so its a trade off, you will get hit but you will drop a lot of fish. i lost my last one 3 weeks ago, a big gt snaped it in half
    ps. they work good on queenies but dont tell any one hehe
    figjam :wink: