Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Its time to rethink the metery!

Re: Its time to rethink the metery!

Quote Originally Posted by borisdog View Post
    It's a great read. For interest sake and those that remember that edition it's got a series of 6 photo's in it of a MASSIVE giant bluefin Tuna of 8 - 900 lbs trying to eat a tailor.
    Cheers, Darryl
    Darryl,
    Yep remember that article vividly.
    That sequence shot you mention is still the best of its type I have ever seen. I remember how much I used to stare at that sequence, putting myself on that boat and wondering how I would have reacted to it.
    That "thing" was a bloody behemoth, an awesome fish in its wild environment chasing a snack with such ferocity, god it got my brain ticking!
    Fishing for Yellowfin on the South Coast of NSW was never the same after that.
    Thanks for reminding me.
    Cheers
    Jas

Can anyone explain to me how to post a picture of a 125cm Barra caught in Peter Faust at Proserpine by myself and mate Victor Whitfield on 25-10-08

Brian Delandre

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Delandre View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how to post a picture of a 125cm Barra caught in Peter Faust at Proserpine by myself and mate Victor Whitfield on 25-10-08

Brian Delandre
    Brian,

Write your story using the Go Advanced mode, scroll down and click 'manage attachments'. Then click on 'browse' and select the pic from wherever you store it in your computer. Click on the piccy. Then click on 'upload'.

Repeat process for more pics then either 'preview post' to make sure it's OK or 'submit reply' to finish.......

My only benchmark is very simple. That is to catch & release fish on every outing.

With that comes fish of all sizes, no-one can catch bigger fish on every trip.

Consistantly catching is much harder than catching the elusive monster.

I had my 1st failure in 16yrs just recently which devastated me yet I bounced back with a cod just shy of a metre.

I find this benchmark much more of a challenge than bettering every fish.

Raising the bar is fine but if some southern impoundments can be used as a guide then the longer they're stocked & good fish are being caught regularly then many more of the larger specimens will be extracted & kept by anglers seeking physical proof/glory.

The fish will then inevitably get smaller on average for those consistantly fishing these impoundments.

Impoundment haydays don't last forever.

Examples would be Lake Pedder, Lake Purrumbete, Lake Bullen Merri & Dartmouth Dam just to name a few. Gone are the days of 20Lb plus Trout being caught regularly in these & like impoundments.

Lake Mulwala is virtually peaking at present yet angler pressure & the taking of larger specimens which is inevitable will certainly put a stop to the trophy fish on a consistant basis.

The threat isn't the hard core angler or sportsfisherman but the once or twice a yr fisho who keeps & kills everything he catches. These people catch their fair share of trophies others only dream of.

I don't mean to start any rumours but recently, 140cm barra at Kinchant. I have no physical proof but "apparently" a work mate of the dad in laws showed him a pic of a 140cm barra he caught there about a month back now (last full moonish). All hearsay at the moment.The in law says he'll hook me up with this guy, sweet! Hopefully I can get a copy of this alleged pic to post (or post my own pic).

The guy claims to have boated 16 fish for the night, only 6 less than 100cm, the largest 140cm all on the troll, dropped 10 fish. The night started very quiet & the action kicked in about 1am.

Prior to this, the largest barra I'd heard of was a 130cm salty in the causeway at Yeppoon. What's another 100mm for an overfed, underexercised, fat North Qld dam barra.

Ihavn't even joined the metre club personally but I don't think 120cm is unreasonable for a new bench mark for impoundment barra, especially if there are more of these "lochness monsters" around.

Colo

I still want to know how to post a pic of a 125cm Barra caught by myself and Victor Whitfield from Gunna Go Caravan Park in Proserpine on our first outing to Peter Faust Dam in November

Brian

Hit 'post reply'

'Go Advanced'

scroll down to below the message window to 'Attach Files' and click 'Manage Attachments'

Click 'Browse'

from there search through to where you keep your pics, select the one you want to show and press 'Open' in the 'File Upload' window

It should then revert to the 'Manage Attachments' window, all that remains is to press 'upload' and job is done.

Please note that at the bottom of the 'Manage Attachments' window it tells you the maximum length and width of a pic is 600 and the file size must be under 100kb.

If you need to work out how to re size to those dimensions let us know.

Hey Dick
    Lovely photo that one.
    Hy heart lays somewhere in the Kimberlies. Spent about 8 months there in 05. The wifey had to drag me out cos the big dollar was looming short.
    Every time i see one of your posts, i get really excited as it brings back fantastic times and memories, so a BIG thankyou, please keep the pics and stories coming.!!!!
    Where abouts are you based???
    Merry Christmas mate
    Cheers
    Ben

Where abouts are you based??
    Kununurra