Thread: Logan / Albert river fishing spots

Smile Logan / Albert river fishing spots

Just moved to Kuraby in Brisbane's south wanting to know if there are any quality land based fishing spots on the Logan / Albert rivers.

Re: Logan / Albert river fishing spots

Hi mate. I know of a few landbased spots but xcant give road names coz I only see the landbased guys there as I go past in my boat Check your PMs. Might be able to take ya out on the river next time!

Dean

Hey Rhino I am just round the corner at stretton,

There is a couple of spots along the rivers, skinners park at the end of Mt cotton rd. and then on the other side of the river directly opposite skinners park there is a road that ends at the river, there is a ramp at alberton/alperton or something like that there is a bank allong side of the ramp. also there are a couple more places that I have seen from the boat but dunno the names of the street, just get your refidex out and have a look for streets that end on the rivers.

Also you asked for quality spots, all i can say these are only spots, the quality spots are something that can't be given away.

Cheers Callum

Hey rhino! The albert + logan rivers are pretty dirty, if you got your heart set on these rivers try going a bit further down the logan towards the mouth where it cleans up a lot. As for the albert river, ive never fished it but as you drive over it on the highway it looks pretty muddy, I live way up the logan river in bethania and have fished the ramp at fitzy's waterford and even the ramp area in bethania at the end of federation drive but it seems to be full of catfish, eel's and in summertime the famous bullsharks, the odd bream will make it's way up this far too but if you can spare the extra 15-20 mins drive go down to the coomera river, either side of this river will get you a whole different mixed bag of goodie's,its 10 time's cleaner, just use your referdex and look for spot's around the dreamworld area on either side of the highway. Good luck

Bretty