Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 picture thread

Re: 4x4 picture thread

This is my 100 series Sahara. I bought it to drag the boat up the beach to Fraser and the power and comfort appealed to me. It has ARB bar, winch, suspension except for front end which is Superior Engineering IFS upgrade with Bilstein Shocks. Dual Batteries and Mickey Thompson Claws. I also run air bags for towing the boat so it sits level. Its not an extreme truck by any means but it built for purpose.
    Marty

bloody nice rig!
    im confused now! was that your red patrol today at the meet and greet?????
    trying to put face to name!!!

Yes Shane the Patrol is my work ute this is the Family car.
    Marty

nice !!!!
    here is my paj lifting the front wheel!!!

hi Marty.. nice set up you got there... How do you rate the tyres? Im going to a more agressive tyre (one that doesn't were to fast)...

Cheers BD

Big Donk,
    I have had them before and they are good but can be slippery in the wet on the road but good on wet rock...yep beats me too. They are quiet new but get noisier as they get older. I towed my boat up to fraser with them and liked them they didnt bury me down in the thick stuff as long as I didnt give them too much right foot. I have always been a fan of MT tyres and thought I would give them a go. I bought the car and set it up as something a little different as you dont normally see a Sahara set up for a little bit of offroad.
    I saw your cruiser and the vids of it and I like it. It looks to me you got a turbo diesel with solid axles? Nice rig mate was looking forward to seeing it at the M&G on Sunday, maybe next time.
    Marty

Cheers Marty.. you are right it is a 4.2TD GXL (solid axle)... I'm going to try to make the next M&G Depends on the New deckie....

BD

here's mine. 87 range rover. she tows my rig on the sunny weekends & fills in the wet ones .

Not a photo but this is me playing around in the Pajero at Levuka.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Oh well, I thought I may as well contribute a couple of photos as well.

No I wasn't stuck. Something I like about the Pajero even though it doesn't has as much travel in the suspension as some with live axles it does a great job of transfering power to the wheels that have traction. I climbed out of this unaided.

I can not be accused of not using a 4wd for its intended purpose now can I? Here it is on the lovely beaches of Fraser Island.

Cheers,

Poodroo

Thats a good bit of video Poo, I wonder who shot that.
    Amazing that your wheels don't turn.
    Graham.

Quote Originally Posted by whynott View Post
    Thats a good bit of video Poo, I wonder who shot that.
    Amazing that your wheels don't turn.
    Graham.
    I forgot to mention the copyright on the video. All rights reserved Whynot Movie Enterprises Inc. About the wheels not turning that was a tactical thing on my part to avoid excessive wear and tear on wheel bearings.

Poodroo

ya gotta love how they kick the front wheels in the air! good shot andrew!

Attachment 31782

(click on the pic to enlarge)

Sorry guys, I can't lie. It's not mine but when I saw this monstrosity just recently on the north shore of O'ahu, Hawaii, I just had to snap a shot. It wasn't far from the famous Waiamea Bay and Banzai Pipeline. Maybe they use it in the ocean to float, because there weren't any waves the day we were there.

The bloody thing was so wide at the tyres, it was hardly staying within the lane. And this is the main highway, not just a narrow street.

You gotta hand it to the Americans, everything is bigger 'n' better over there. They even do double Big Mac's and "Cheesy" fries. Yep, that's right, your good old chippies smothered in melted cheese. So just in case you didn't get enough salt, carbohydrate and fat from the chips, you can always add a bit more! Might be good for a hangover.........
    Blackjenny
    Blackjack

The body is evil .... it must be punished.

Attachment 31793
    Our Pajero and campertrailer up at Gatton..