Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Day for Thinking.

Re: A Day for Thinking.

makes all the talk of green zones and sink holes seem very unimportant.

Kev (& others)

I wholehearted endorse the comments of others above.
    In recent times have experieced some very dark days and sleepless nights through personal loss (of marriage /the family dream) - small in the scheme of things, though none-the-less devastating. Yet I feel lucky to have the world I live in, and the people to share it with, particularly my children. One of the things that helped me a great deal was a book, so I thought I'd share it here :

"Manhood" bySteve Biddulph: Finch Publishing
    Date Published: 6/5/2004 ISBN: 0091894816[/font]
    Steve Biddulph is Australia’s best-known family therapist and parenting author. His books, including The Secret of Happy Children (published in ten languages) and the acclaimed Manhood, are popular all over the world.

Since publication of the first edition in 1994, Manhood has had a profound emotional impact on thousands of men and women. Copies have been passed from hand-to-hand by friends, partners, workmates (and from sons to their fathers) – with the simple message, ‘You must read this!’

Manhood tackles the key areas of a man’s life – parenting, love and sexuality, finding meaning in work and making real friends. It opens new pathways to healing the past and forming true partnerships with women, as well as honouring our own inner needs. This revised and expanded edition includes two new chapters, ‘Making School Good for Boys’ and ‘Men’s Groups’.

Nearly every man will find something in this book to shift his thinking, and perhaps his life. And nearly every woman will applaud the change. Best of all, there’s something peculiarly Australian about Steve Biddulph’s work – poetic yet down-to-earth, committed but practical, sensitive but free from self-indulgence.
    Richard Glover, The Sydney Morning Herald

Biddulph is the man the Australian men’s movement has been waiting for .. His book is a good mix .. moving stories from men’s lives .. plus all sorts of practical ideas about changing men. At last some solutions ...
    Bettina Arndt,The Australian

all the best Kev, MalM

Kev, I think Australia is the lucky country. Even luckier for having you make it home. I'm sure, with a man of your calibre as a father, Jake will do well.

Cheers

Graham

G'day Kev

I've been sitting here trying to think of what to say... I'm lost for words.

Best wishes
    Brad
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. It only confirms just how lucky I am, and that goes without saying that the rest of my family feel pretty lucky too.

Jake is taking it in his stride now, although he is still pretty anxious, having not only lost a mate, but with work experience coming up soon, he was planning on his mate being with him for that.

It never rains but it pours ......................Josh (Kingcobe) has now gone and broken his hand playing footy............a Godsend in a way as he now can't play the playstation and fills in his time doing homework without me having to nag him

The only thing I don't feel lucky about is the new rig.......delivery 4 to 6 weeks and we're into week 6 (tomorrow) and no sign yet Still, I'm enjoying getting more photography done.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Kingtin,
    Thanks for sharing mate

all the best
    adam

We forget so ready our feeling and over look at times how things effect our children , as we are alot stronger in mind then they are at times.
    I know my son lost a friend of his in a horse riding accident and really hit him hard where at times i may be heartless in my feelings towards how he was reacting all we can do is give our kids as much support and help in these sitiuations.
    Sorry i don't word things right but Kev that was some touching stuff thanking you
    JOHN
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

G'Day Kev.. Thanks for sharing and all the best to your young fella, and to Josh in his recovery.
    Knowing how you feel at the moment.. My dad passed away Last Thursday, the day before Anzac day, after a 3 year battle with cancer. We buried him Tuesday just gone.
    Life is too short, there are never enough good days to go fishing, and we often under appreciate the important things, like our health, and our families.

Good luck with the new boat when it arrives, it will be worth the wait
    Russell
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Russell, sorry to hear that mate. Like I say, I consider myself lucky, especially when I hear what other folk have to suffer. My heartfelt condolences to you and yours mate.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Thank you Kev
    He had fought the good fight and was ready to go.. He was also pleased that he taught one of his sons (me) about fishing, and in particular, catching beach worms and reading the surf gutters & getting a feed of whiting..

I also inherited his beloved tinny, which will now be assaulting the creeks around brisbane!!
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysanchez View Post

I also inherited his beloved tinny, which will now be assaulting the creeks around brisbane!!
    What better bequest and legacy, Russel.

kev

Thoughts are with you Russel. We lost my mum-in-law a week before Christmas and sometimes I find my wife curled up in the laundry in tears. It takes time, make sure you give yourself plenty.

Dave

Thanks Guys
    Sorry Kev for hijacking your post.
    No disrespect intended

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysanchez View Post
    Thanks Guys
    Sorry Kev for hijacking your post.
    No disrespect intended
    Russel mate, I don't see it as a hijack at all............more a welcome contribution.

kev

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Nauti View Post
    Thoughts are with you Russel. We lost my mum-in-law a week before Christmas and sometimes I find my wife curled up in the laundry in tears. It takes time, make sure you give yourself plenty.

Dave
    Belated condolences Dave, and yet further confirmation of how lucky I am. Being an only child, and having no relatives at all, other than my own 5 sons and grand kids, I've not yet had to suffer the death of a loved one. Barring an accident or serious illness being visited upon them, I'm likely to go before anyone else close to me, and will therefore be spared what so many other folk have to endure.

kev