Thread: Mulloway on Plastics

Mulloway on Plastics

Hi All
    ...... Well I dont know about you Queenslanders ... but I'm sick to death of this crappy weather that we are having down in good old Sydney town. Today is our 13th day straight of rain ( mod-strong SE winds) ....... I'm going bonkers ( specially now that I have my rebuilt Minn Kota back form BLA)
    Anyhow Botany bay looks like a washing machine ..... with about the same colour after a load - - - The local rivers are flowing with plenty of muddy fresh water , so all is not good ..
    So I'm thinking of braving the conditions & fish Soft plastics for Jew ....... I'm thinking that with these conditions , I might be in for a chance! .. if I fish the top of a run in tide

So with this in mind ..... does anyone have any advice on what has worked for them in the past ( I'll throw some 110 & 130mm slick rigs .... + various shads with a good dose of Dizzy garlic scent & may even give the "S Factor" a go)

Cheers

Nagg

Re: Mulloway on Plastics

Hey Nagg,

Mate dont worry...we have had more bad weather than I care to talk about.

Head to Tom Uglys Bridge....That spot is 'Never fail'.....Throw you plastics along the pilons there.

I have mates in Sydney who last night and the night before got two Jew off the southern beaches...(cronulla way)....one about 12kg and one about 7kg.

The squidgies Black & Gold works a treat at Tom uglys.....100mm

I am having a shot at a Jew later up here so I will report back.

Pete

although i hav not caught many jew on plastics i have a few mates who catch them regually.
    they say dont bother going for them untill the tide is dead slack eg very bottem or very top and mabey 20min inbetween.
    dont say oh i will just cast at them untill they come on because by then they will see ur lures and when it comes time to feed they wont touch it.
    also from what ive herd they aint too fusy when it comes to plastics and if there there and they are hungry and lures from 4-7inch are the go

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Hey Nagg,

Mate dont worry...we have had more bad weather than I care to talk about.

Head to Tom Uglys Bridge....That spot is 'Never fail'.....Throw you plastics along the pilons there.

I have mates in Sydney who last night and the night before got two Jew off the southern beaches...(cronulla way)....one about 12kg and one about 7kg.

The squidgies Black & Gold works a treat at Tom uglys.....100mm

I am having a shot at a Jew later up here so I will report back.

Pete
    Hey Pete

Tom Uglys ( my launching spot) , Captain Cooks bridge & Baldface point will be where I concentrate my efforts ........ Certainly 3 good locations ...... A few good schoolies have been taken this week ( keen buggers) ..... but all on baits

Black & Gold ( Cool ... Thanks! ...... I think I've got a couple left )
    Your mates were keen ..... Last night was pretty shitty

Thanks for the heads up

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    although i hav not caught many jew on plastics i have a few mates who catch them regually.
    they say dont bother going for them untill the tide is dead slack eg very bottem or very top and mabey 20min inbetween.
    dont say oh i will just cast at them untill they come on because by then they will see ur lures and when it comes time to feed they wont touch it.
    also from what ive herd they aint too fusy when it comes to plastics and if there there and they are hungry and lures from 4-7inch are the go
    Thanks Breamnut
    Yep .... Thats what I'm thinking too ( top of the tide) ....... The salt water would have pushed up against the fresh storm water coming down river ....... It could be fun ..... specially at baldface Pt
    Cheers

chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hey Pete

Tom Uglys ( my launching spot) , Captain Cooks bridge & Baldface point will be where I concentrate my efforts ........ Certainly 3 good locations ...... A few good schoolies have been taken this week ( keen buggers) ..... but all on baits

Black & Gold ( Cool ... Thanks! ...... I think I've got a couple left )
    Your mates were keen ..... Last night was pretty shitty

Thanks for the heads up

Chris
    They said the weather was bad....Two nights in the rain.

Plenty of small fellas off the beach too.

One of my mates does well way up in the Georges at Woronora Bridge.
    I used to fish it with him.....Good spot for EP's too.

But by the sound of it there may be to much fresh...??

Pete

They said the weather was bad....Two nights in the rain.

Plenty of small fellas off the beach too.

One of my mates does well way up in the Georges at Woronora Bridge.
    I used to fish it with him.....Good spot for EP's too.

But by the sound of it there may be to much fresh...??

Pete
    Your mate doent work at Bluefin does he ??? Only a few switched ons fish for EPs at Woranora ( I'm going to fish it in a few months time .....along with East Hills )

Yeh ..... There would be too much fresh coming down to fish woronora or even Como ( we just had another good dump )

Do you get down to Sydney much ???

Chris

No he is a draftsman.

We used to well on the EP's there at Night on small soft plastics.
    Sometimes you look over the small bridge next to the big main bridge and see Jew near the surface.

I will send you a PM with a GUN sydney Jew spot.

Pete

No he is a draftsman.

We used to well on the EP's there at Night on small soft plastics.
    Sometimes you look over the small bridge next to the big main bridge and see Jew near the surface.

I will send you a PM with a GUN sydney Jew spot.

Pete
    OK .... so your experience with the Nora is recent ( last 5 years or so!)

Chris

Nagg the last EP I caught at the wonny was in September 2004.

and....it was very cold.

Pete

Nagg the last EP I caught at the wonny was in September 2004.

and....it was very cold.

Pete
    I believe that is the perfect time of year to target EPs .... i might pick your brains in a few months time

Chris

Yeah it is the best time.

The Ep's move from the brackish waters and head down to the salt to breed.
    Hence they become a tad easier to find.
    Around the bridges are always a good bet at that time of year.

Pete