Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stealing GPS Marks

Re: Stealing GPS Marks

A couple of years ago off waddy at fraser we were onto
    a bommie and getting smashed by big cobes.
    Told a group that we sort of knew there.
    Next day out we go and supprise when we stopped
    they came over the top of us to steal the spot.
    Why didn't they just ask to come along.
    I have given this mark out a couple of times to
    blokes going up there no big deal to me.
    Another day we went up to the cathederals and supprise
    where we were going to go was another boat right on
    the spot. Not another boat in sight.
    So spot x isn't that xxxxx.
    Gps point for this one due east of seaway at 20knts
    for 40 mins. See how you go.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1@bigpond.net View Post
    Here you go JT 23 09 776 150 47 369 I will give you 1 tip for this spot it works best about 9am till just before dark Check it out there are reds, jew, grunter, and mackerel nearly all year round and it fits your criterea
    HMMMMMMMMMMM
    Using my Great Knowlegde of Easting and Northings and Southings i Predict that spot to be THE SEAFOOD CO OP
    LOL Beat it costs me more there for red emporer then it would cost me travelling 80 odd clicks to catch my own
    Cheers thou
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Yup its free out there for sure!!
    Went on a charter the other day, with my HH garmin in my bag, external antenna out thru the side...... got 31 top spots to check out after I get out of intensive care....

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    HMMMMMMMMMMM
    Using my Great Knowlegde of Easting and Northings and Southings i Predict that spot to be THE SEAFOOD CO OP
    LOL Beat it costs me more there for red emporer then it would cost me travelling 80 odd clicks to catch my own
    Cheers thou
    JT

you are right again buggar

oz explorer is great, I can't remember all the marks by heart

ring me
    IFISHCQ2

I think it is common courtesy not to fish over the top of someone else. Nobody like it happening to them. However marking a spot to check out later would be fine in my opinion.

Had to laugh a few years ago when I was out on a charter off Morton Bay and the skipper said he would not be going straight to the spot he had planned to fish as
    another charter was shadowing us to "steal" his good marks.

With integrated radar/GPS I guess they don't even need to follow you this days, just ping you on the radar and take the waypoint.

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo2 View Post
    Yup its free out there for sure!!
    Went on a charter the other day, with my HH garmin in my bag, external antenna out thru the side...... got 31 top spots to check out after I get out of intensive care....

Hi mate, old buddy old pal, need your shoes shined

cheers fnq

Unless mistaken i think the term is called "Blowflying" or sumthin??..Dont mind it at all only time it peeves me off is when they see your locked onto a bit of action and they come drop an anchor right ontop of yours, and an anchor that aint worth a piece of Goatshyte, drags over your anchor lifting it off leaving you drift off your main pick..If on good ground i know the pick will make again but time lost and fish moved..
    And happens when your anchored on a Wreck!!!..Well i tend to move save doing something i will regret at a further date...
    Like others have said though the ocean dont belong to no individual just a wee bit of respect & Courtesy goes a long way ey??...

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Hi mate, old buddy old pal, need your shoes shined

cheers fnq

Well Scott where's your dignity? groveling like that,you should be ashamed of yourself

Hey Simmo mate.......2 coat's of nugget be enough mate,buddy

I'm happy to share my GPS marks with anyone who asks for them. Catching fish and sharing stories, locations etc is part of the fun. That said, a good spot on one day can produce nothing on another given day.

Looking at going out off rainbow for the first time on weekend, don't know shit from clay about the area so i guess if i see a few boats close togeather then that might be as good a spot as any to start, but i'll be damned if i'll drop in on someone, unlike the 2 so n so's down at Forster 3 weeks ago. Sitting there catching the odd bream waiting for the tide to turn so we could re anchor and catch a few prawns and bugger me dead one anchors 20 feet in front of me and one 20 feet behind me.... Didn't have a rod with me heavy enough to throw a snapper lead and 3 gang hooks............lol.
    As Volvo says, respect and courtesy.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Well Scott where's your dignity? groveling like that,you should be ashamed of yourself

Hey Simmo mate.......2 coat's of nugget be enough mate,buddy
    Dignity whats that! you seen the price of fuel lately That reminds me I am going to need to do something about those fumes that escape or get some better marks or both the way things are going!!

cheers fnq

Just because there is a car park of boats doesnt really mean you will catch much there. Alot of people just go there because half of the boats in the bay do. I found a few spots lately, one near green and another near coochie that are near where the masses sit but just far enough away, that they hopefully think ive got no clue where i am.
    I just try to keep a low profile when im getting fish after fish and they seem to get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volt View Post
    Just because there is a car park of boats doesnt really mean you will catch much there. Alot of people just go there because half of the boats in the bay do. I found a few spots lately, one near green and another near coochie that are near where the masses sit but just far enough away, that they hopefully think ive got no clue where i am.
    I just try to keep a low profile when im getting fish after fish and they seem to get nothing.
    I have spots like that too, oh except for the fish after fish bit

Cheers

Dave

There Are A Lot Of New Fishermen That Head Offshore With No Idea Where To Go So They Tend To Follow Other Boats.i Have No Problem If They Come Within A Good Distance Of Your Bow.i Have Had 2 People Come Behind Us And Where That Close Have Cut Our Live Bait On A Floater Off,these Blokes Are Blowflys And Have No Respect For Other Guys Fishing.they Deserve A Gobfull But If They Give You A Fair Distance So Be It.we Are All Out There For A Good Day So Lets Give Each Other Some Respect And Enjoy Our Great Ocean.

Cheers Snappaflicka