Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stealing GPS Marks

Re: Stealing GPS Marks

mate the ocean does not belong to anyone,fish where ever u want.If they think its their spot tell em to put a fence up and lock the gates

put this theory to test one day fished on nothing but mud had 4 boats pull up and ping me. happy days

Quote Originally Posted by BaitThrower View Post
    Umm I think he was joking

.......one can only hope......

Mark

There is no such thing as a secret spot anymore if you think you have one you are only kidding yourself there is no area that hasn't been travelled or checked before you within range of any boat ramp however what is secret is the right time to fish your spot and how to fish it each location has its own little tricks that will let you catch a feed while "joe average" misses out these are the things that make your spot special I have about 10,000 marks which friends gave over the years and they all say don't tell anyone and we don't but low and behold mid week not a boat at the ramp so we head out to secret spot number643 75km from the harbour and there are 2 boats anchored up at "their secret spot" so don't be so naive do the right thing and don't be blatent about it
    just take note for the future
    IFISHCQ2

Am hearing ya's all
    The main thing that is a major p%^& off is that when you are anchored anywhere and people see you on good fish they'll run big baits or lures past your boat straight over the top of your anchor so they usally cop a mouthful wether it's a big ocean or not they can keep a distance off
    I won't do it to anyone
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

I used to fish a reasonably well known ( gazetted) reef off Broken Bay ........ The first Time I went there I was going off GPS coordinates that I worked out off a chart .....
    As I approached the general area .... I saw that there were around 4 or 5 other boats there ..... but most were 100M or so away from my mark Anyhow I sounded the area & found a nice little peak (with an adjacent gutter) that held great baitfish ...... so I worked out the lay of the boat ..... plonked my anchor over & had a pretty good session with a few jews & a couple of kingies ( hit Mark!!!! ... some 200M from the other boats) ........ I don't think I saw the other boats catch anything

Came back the next afternoon ...... & two boats were fishing pretty close to my new Mark ( one boat I noticed from the day before) ...... Anyhow I ran my patten .... found my peak ( about 50M up current from the others ) ...... worked out the lay ... plonked down the anchor & caught jew!

To cut a long story short ..... I had to give this spot away on a weekend & fish it weekdays only ....... & did so successfully for several years
    As this was at the time where GPS accuracy varied ....... I ended up marking this spot with a orange buoy ..... to save the time sounding for this small area (peak)..( eventually a pro trap ended up there )
    The key to this spot was time , tide , moon & season ........ So I didn't give a toss if it was my secret spot or not ( I even gave my mark to several other people)

So my way of thinking is .......
    NO DRAMA! .. if you mark a spot as you pass other boats ( As long as you don't interfere with the other boats fishing by getting too close (less than 100M) / cutting a berley trail etc etc) ......... Hell watch what happens when a boat hooks up on a Marlin or Tuna ( boats come from everywhere)

Nagg

to save time we should all put spot x up for public reveiw. if it dont matter

Pinging marks happens all the time - yep, there is nothing more satisfying than putting in the hard yards as Nagg Said, find a likely structure and fish it well to produce a good result, but I think Rayken has it...there's more to catching a feed than going to the spot someone ilse has fished...time of day, tide phase of moon, bait, bait presentation, line class, leader, style of rig etc, etc, etc.

Sadly i've been pinged and sniped more often than I'd care to remember - I'm lucky that I can flex my time around and get mid week trips when the weather is right and the punters are at work.

cheers

Rhys

Its always good to have marks, but bait shows over good ground are better IMHO.
    Yeah, I've had supposed 'mates' cruise up and sneakily give me the ping while saying gooday.........they think you don't know what they're doing hehehe...... I'm happy to return the favour, which they tend not to appreciate!
    Still, if there is no bait on the mark, better to try find somewhere else, in my experience.
    Cheers.

Damian Loosemoreto save time we should all put spot x up for public reveiw. if it dont matter

i dont have one particular spot x. I never had. however i do have about 200 marks that are productive at diferent times of the year and at diferent weather conditions.

I agree with all the posts from JT down and if anyone needs some marks

just ask me and you'll get them if I have them where you want to go

you have to work out the how and when yourself
    IFISHCQ2

How many people take their GPS or card out of their boat when they take it in for a service, or how many boat service guys look at clients GPS if left in the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1@bigpond.net View Post
    I agree with all the posts from JT down and if anyone needs some marks

just ask me and you'll get them if I have them where you want to go

you have to work out the how and when yourself
    Can you give me all ya spots where there are fish please Scott
    Preferbly 1 km from the Harbour and full of 1metre ples reds and trouts please mate
    Will wait patienly for your pm
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

so your saying time on water is knowledge.your marks are from reading the bottom . learning fish patterns so can i follow u and ping u

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Can you give me all ya spots where there are fish please Scott
    Preferbly 1 km from the Harbour and full of 1metre ples reds and trouts please mate
    Will wait patienly for your pm
    JT
    Here you go JT 23 09 776 150 47 369 I will give you 1 tip for this spot it works best about 9am till just before dark Check it out there are reds, jew, grunter, and mackerel nearly all year round and it fits your criterea
    IFISHCQ2