Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monduran-Stiffys,S-factor..success!

Re: Monduran-Stiffys,S-factor..success!

Roo, Les, Big Ren, chris .....

Didn't take yous long I re read the post after some bagging from foxie about my stiffy experience.

I was going to explain how to hold your rod with a stiffy......but I wont now ha ha ha Steve

Sorry fellas, I live under a rock. Whats sort of lure is a stiffy and S Factor has me stumped as well???

Im definatedly not making any comment what so ever, but I must say I thought for a moment Steve was on the turn, then I thought Nahhhhhh! Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

Didn't take yous long I re read the post after some bagging from foxie about my stiffy experience.

I was going to explain how to hold your rod with a stiffy......but I wont now ha ha ha Steve
    thats not hard to figure out....but how to pee sitting down with a boney bream is a talent

Mate .... we're all UP for some new rod technique I found that I need two hands with " Those lures!" .... just too much pressure on my wrist.

Smile Re: Monduran-Stiffys,S-factor..success!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Sorry fellas, I live under a rock. Whats sort of lure is a stiffy and S Factor has me stumped as well???
    A few different types of lures mate.... but this is the one in mention called a Boney.
    The S-factor is a scent that comes in small packets or containers with the Squidgy Pro range of Soft plastics.

Cheers Les

http://www.squidgies.com.au/

http://www.stiffylures.com.au/boney.asp

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by McCod View Post
    A few different types of lures mate.... but this is the one in mention called a Boney.
    The S-factor is a scent that comes in small packets or containers with the Squidgy Pro range of Soft plastics.

Cheers Les

http://www.squidgies.com.au/

http://www.stiffylures.com.au/boney.asp
    thanks for that Les. Have you done the double split ring thing with a 'boney bream'..if so how does it go??? Serious question!!!(no comments from you other deviants)

Dick, they run about a foot deep and can be worked eratically, slow fast...whatever you want. Very good in shallow water. I reckon they would be good up your way as the tide moves up onto the shallow sand flats and mangroves as the barra hunt the bait into the shallows.
    cheers steve.

Nagg, two hands eyy.....skite

Whitto, hadn't heard from you for ages, I am orgainising a shift swap for the Sat 3rd. I will shout you a beer at the M&G. I have my daughters 2nd birthday party in the morning. As soon as Hi 5 and the wiggles are over......I am out a there to Monduran.

cheers steve

Roo, bit like the opening scene from 40yr old virgin...we have all been there!!!!

great to see mate, big fish, new technique, awesome stuff.
    Knew it was only a matter of time till the planets lined up right for you again.
    Fishing gentlemans hours too, doesnt get any better than that
    congrats

cheers
    brian

Good report Steve nice to see some really nice fish play the game for you, and Jas its really good to fish with other guys who enjoy the same passion.

I am looking forward to a few cast with whitto m&g weekend so will hopefully get to meet you aswell.

Cheers Nath

Thanks Nath, we will catch up at M&G!! Hope you blokes have name tags on!!!

Steve

Dick, they run about a foot deep and can be worked eratically, slow fast...whatever you want. Very good in shallow water. I reckon they would be good up your way as the tide moves up onto the shallow sand flats and mangroves as the barra hunt the bait into the shallows.
    cheers steve.

Thanks fellas was thinking the edge of weed banks, do they float or sink?

Right about now I wish I didn't live so far north. I would have liked to attend the M&G to meet some of you larikins, but do not need any two handed demonstrations about "lures" thanks ...
    Great to see some light hearted chat about (IMHO) a very great lure.....
    Chers
    Matt

thanks for that Les. Have you done the double split ring thing with a 'boney bream'..if so how does it go??? Serious question!!!(no comments from you other deviants)

cheers steve.

Nagg, two hands eyy.....skite

Whitto, hadn't heard from you for ages, I am orgainising a shift swap for the Sat 3rd. I will shout you a beer at the M&G. I have my daughters 2nd birthday party in the morning. As soon as Hi 5 and the wiggles are over......I am out a there to Monduran.

cheers steve

Roo, bit like the opening scene from 40yr old virgin...we have all been there!!!!
    Steve, Nath Nipsta and I will be at Mondy on the Friday, after a quick call in to Foxie to pickup a shirt, cause u Gin Gin blokes don't fool me for a moment, if u don't have a Barra Havoc shirt on u have no chance. I reckon all this talk about Stiffys is just to put us off the scent (must check to see if my Bony Breams are in the tackle box), Cheers Whitto

Nice one Steve......Hows that Skeeter.YEEEEEEHAAAAA!!!! It sure is amazing when someone like Jas offers his time and years of experience to genuinely help out another angler.
    They sure are some monster sized fish.

Smile Re: Monduran-Stiffys,S-factor..success!

[quote=Steve B;807657]thanks for that Les. Have you done the double split ring thing with a 'boney bream'..if so how does it go???

Yeah mate I've only rigged one like that and only the front treble with the standard #2 hook and it went great'..... mucked around a bit with sticky weight on a few and one is rigged with a #1 on the belly. I am yet to find 2 lures that have the same buoyancy so 2 lures can be very different. Some sink straight out of the packet while most others float. Not that it's a big deal as almost all mass produced lures vary a bit. Had some awesome sessions @ Monduran in spring 07 on em with one Boney so beat up it started taking on water. Will try amd get up for the M&G next week- end!

Cheers Les