Thread: Hinze 22.4.08

Hinze 22.4.08

Fished late this afternoon for a couple of hours for no fish. Heaps of fish on the sounder suspended in large schools in the deepwater 300m right of the intake tower. Threw everything at them without a hit. Spoke to one other boat at the ramp with 3 guys on board and they only got one small bass on the surface.

Re: Hinze 22.4.08

I'm going up Friday arvo, I'll head to a couple of haunts that produce when Its quiet. In the past few months when the fish school up like that and won't feed i turn off the sounder, go away for a bit then come back and cast as far as i can into it. Those Eastern arm fish have been hammered over the last 12 months, I'm positive their sounder and boat sensivitive.
    Mitch

Hey Guys,
    I fished Hinze yesterday morning, also with limited success.
    Got a couple of small Bass on Suspending Jerkbaits early and a couple of nice fish (44 + 48cm) on deep fly later in the morning.

The fish were suspended and inactive just above the submerged vegetation. They must have just turned on for a few minutes- I got the 2 in 2 casts, then a few hits on the next cast and that was it. Sounded around for 30min and couldnt find the school again. Found a few other similar schools on the way back to the ramp and had a few bumps but not much else.

Spoke to a couple of guys at the ramp and they only got a few small fish also. Give them a couple more weeks and they will be schooling deep and a bit easier to catch. (Or find at least)

Cheers,
    Matt

Was also there yesterday morning decky managed one 38cm on spinnerbait right up the top.
    Pleasantly surprised that everyone is respecting the turning area and not parking in it.
    Council turned up just as leaving to patch drop off from bichumen to dirt ramp.
    The scenery and glassed out conditions made it all worth while and fish were a bonus.
    Cheers
    Ray

Hinze is such a beautiful dam with such fishy structure - it is just a pity that alot that structure doesn't hold fish!