Thread: soft plastic rod for beach fishing

soft plastic rod for beach fishing

g'day everyone
    looking for a blank for sp fishing in surf 6kg braid lure weights 3/8 to 1/2 ounce
    3000 size eggbeater rod around 8 or 9 foot any ideas ? for catching blue salmon
    in surf in cq queensland
    cheers rob

Re: soft plastic rod for beach fishing

I find it very hard to pick blanks here anymore as no one locally holds any. If you can go by descriptions then perhaps something in the Batsons Rainshadow blanks in the Salmon & Steelhead range would suit. They are available through OZ Rods in NQ
    I would be interested to hear how you go with with it as the same gear would be great fun for Tailor in SEQ

Cheers

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks Neil,
    i will chase them up , only rod that i could find that might be suitable
    is Samurai Soo8 and extend the but a foot or so but nowhere up here
    to look and see
    rob

i would reccomend you also give simon from ozrods an email or even a call, he has the batsons range and i have been looking over it for the same purpose you are for the future
    he has the batson spec list up on the net atm on his site if you wanna glance over it before contacting him

hey ben,
    Ijust finished sending him one. a xst 1084 looks the go shame its a 2 piece
    i thought someone would have already made a rod for this already??
    as Neil said would be good tailor etc as well
    rob

yeh two pieces used to put me off but i feel that the technology has advanced so much that they are just as good as i piece. plus it will reduce the chance of an "oh F#$K" incident hapenning as a long 9 foot 1 piece graphite rod in the 8-12lb range could be hard to transport around the place....

you'll have to send us a pic of the blank colour if you get it, im interested to see the titanium chrome colour