Thread: Ord River report

Ord River report

Cold last night, went from sweating in the swag to having the cover over the top in a couple of weeks. Water temp's gone down over the last couple of weeks as well, from 30 to 28C. The dry season south easterlies are just starting to have an impact, so too is the people pressure we get at this time of the year as well.

Fish were showing on the sounder but they all had lockjaw despite the fullish moon. Gave flogging the water away about midnight to get a few hours kip and had a couple of hours again on dawn.

Result was only one fish caught with the sun up, back home by 8.00am.

Picked the fish up trolling a F18 a couple of nice jumps, missed the first with the camera, but got the second (slide film sorry) a couple of shots with both cameras beside the boat and said bye bye. looked about $1.05.

Looks like our season of plenty is going to finish much earlier than last year, still plenty of active fish around until early June in 07, you get that .

Another evening session tonight on the river and a trip to the Keep River on Sun arvo, need a small one to eat
    Last edited by Dick Pasfield; 19-04-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Re: Ord River report

keep em comeing DP, great to read barra fishing in a totally new place, for me at least

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    keep em comeing DP, great to read barra fishing in a totally new place, for me at least
    Gotta second this, great to hear repports from the other side of the country.

Regards Cameron.

keep em coming DP, great to read barra fishing in a totally new place, for me at least
    No worries, I'm here to get a look at what you mob are doing over that way. Plenty of ways ands means that are good across the country (so it I ask a dumb question like "What's a nuclear chicken???" please bear with me)

The best way to get information is to give it freely so I'll be happy to contribute
    Last edited by Dick Pasfield; 19-04-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Yep .... Certainly good to hear from a remote area like the Ord Keep em coming

Nagg

Is that the DP that worked for the Cummings Bros?

Quote Originally Posted by QF3 MROCP View Post
    Is that the DP that worked for the Cummings Bros?
    Could be

i travelled aussie in 96 and fell inlove with that area straight away ,stayed there for a week and fished below the dam wall .you live in one very nice area keep those reports coming in mate.

Rest of the weekend not so flash, not a touch Sat night, may as well have fished in a bathtub and only one little tacker out of the Keep River this arvo, you get that sometimes

Dick,

Nuclear chicken is a soft plastic....

Thanks for the report...

Matt

Dick,

Must say I am jealous. I haven't been to the Ord, but I have heard so much about the fishing there and intend to journey over that way one day. You are very lucky to be in such a great fishing area. Keep up the reports, its always good to hear how the barra are on the other side of the country!!

cheers steve

It's like any other place Steve, there's good and bad times

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    It's like any other place Steve, there's good and bad times
    DP: I sold melon boxes to Joe back in '90 / '93.. knowing you're in God's playground, tell them nothing over here in the east because they'll all be coming your way.. or have they already fished the place out? Does Wilhelm still dive for lures at the river crossing or has a croc finally got him?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by QF3 MROCP View Post
    DP: I sold melon boxes to Joe back in '90 / '93.. knowing you're in God's playground, tell them nothing over here in the east because they'll all be coming your way.. or have they already fished the place out? Does Wilhelm still dive for lures at the river crossing or has a croc finally got him?

Peter
    The farm's full of sandalwood now. Joe's In Esperance growing sheep and wheat, Ray's up here retired.

Wilhelm probably not doing too much diving any more. As for the croc Gabi got him long ago

Fishing still pretty good, though I havn't seen a decent one in two weeks