Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 Days to go and counting

1.5 Days to go and counting

Well, this time next week I should be up at Mondy, probably a bit surnburned, hungry, tired, curseing the wind/rain/thunderstorm/low temps/dodgy leccy/lure eating trees/birdsnest backlashs/catty population explosion, or any other of the thousand obstacles I just know will be tossed in my direction.

Cant wait

Hands up whos heading up for a bit of casting practice next weekend??

cheers
    brian
    Last edited by BR65; 23-04-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: nearly there

Re: 7 Days to go and counting

I'm right there with you Brian, heading up on Thursday from the Goldy, having major sleeping issues, can't wait!!!!! Will be my 1st trip to Mondy and 1st attempt at the mighty slabs of chrome it contains. As hard as I try to have no expectations of gettin into them, I can honestly say I'll be bitterley disappointed if I don't get 1 decent Barra over the weekend. I've done all the homework, listened to all the great advice & tips from the great bunch of guys on Ausfish, now it's all down to perserverance and a bit of luck I reckon.

There's a bunch of about 20 of us heading up, based at the campground, I'll be with Stuart DB in a Maroon VZ Wagon with the Hornet following close behind, my boat will also be there, little white Edgetracker with 9.9 Merc, I've lent in to a couple of the boatless boys to use since I'll be in with Stu. Once you find our crew ask around, I won't be far away, hope to catch up with you for a beer. My number is 0421 618 639. Cheers, Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Well, this time next week I should be up at Mondy, probably a bit surnburned, hungry, tired, curseing the wind/rain/thunderstorm/low temps/dodgy leccy/lure eating trees/birdsnest backlashs/catty population explosion, or any other of the thousand obstacles I just know will be tossed in my direction.

Cant wait

cheers
    brian
    Now Brian .... If you were really keen ... you'd have it down to hours & mins
    Hope you brain em ....... You've got a cracker of a personal target to beat!
    ( I still wanna know what you shoved down its throat ..... a pig maybe )

i'm looking forward to the report

Cheers

Chris

Thumbs up Re: 7 Days to go and counting

Cant wait

cheers
    brian
    Don't forget the little black spiders in the timber Brian, Pity your not able to hold off another week the meet and greet should be a ball, not to worry have a blinder champion all will be waiting for your report, Cheers Whitto

Brian,
    Rendezvous B Bay Late Saturday arvo for a bit a of topwater sizzle?????

Cant wait, cant sleep, cant eat, cant work, strangely can only drink.

Got some new Shimano Triple impacts to flog.

Ben

Sounds like it should be a good weekend. Look forward to reading a report on your adventures.

Hey All,
    Heading up with overnover Thursday lunchtime. Not that I am counting but thats exactly 122hrs 24min and about 45sec. I'm not excited or anything just cant wait. Hope to see many of you up there and look forward to the great stories on here when we all get back. If we come back.
    I'd rather fish for a week without catching fish than go to work for a day.

Stuart db

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Don't forget the little black spiders in the timber Brian, Pity your not able to hold off another week the meet and greet should be a ball, not to worry have a blinder champion all will be waiting for your report, Cheers Whitto
    reckon I might just be able to squeeze the m&g in Whitto, before karma, work or my missus decides to apply the handbrake for a bit.

crew of 20 overnover, shouldnt be hard to find your mob, beer sounds good

ben, will poke into B late sat, think I know where you mite be, you can show me this surface stuff if thats cool, did Navi go up this weekend?????

cheers
    brian

yes mate, Navi got a 111 and the fishing is a bit tough apparently, havent heard how last night went though

reckon I might just be able to squeeze the m&g in Whitto, before karma, work or my missus decides to apply the handbrake for a bit.

crew of 20 overnover, shouldnt be hard to find your mob, beer sounds good

ben, will poke into B late sat, think I know where you mite be, you can show me this surface stuff if thats cool, did Navi go up this weekend?????

cheers
    brian
    bloody hell you must have ya system at home working just right to be able to get to mondy some much i might need to get a few tips off ya at the meet and greet on how it works
    whitto only 11 days to go the meet and greet i might be heading up with you and nathan depending on my boss if hes goes up on the thursday i will allready be there cant wait
    i finished the welding for nathan yesturday boat is good to go bar his trailer light which i belive are on there way he like me got all the rods ready to go yyyeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhha
    Last edited by nipsta; 20-04-2008 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    bloody hell you must have ya system at home working just right to be able to get to mondy some much i might need to get a few tips off ya at the meet and greet on how it works
    whitto only 11 days to go the meet and greet i might be heading up with you and nathan depending on my boss if hes goes up on the thursday i will allready be there cant wait
    i finished the welding for nathan yesturday boat is good to go bar his trailer light which i belive are on there way he like me got all the rods ready to go yyyeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhha
    Good stuff, Attention too detail got to make sure the knots are perfect and the hooks are sharp, no worries if your stuck we'll get u there, we will be leaving on the Friday morning, Cheer Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Good stuff, Attention too detail got to make sure the knots are perfect and the hooks are sharp, no worries if your stuck we'll get u there, we will be leaving on the Friday morning, Cheer Whitto
    nah i be right boat and car in tow i just got to decied wheather i can go early or not due to my back i not reall keen to be stuck on the dam if it gives way again on my own but ill see how it goes i might just wait and follow yous up on the friday so i dont get stuck but i reall keen to get a crack at them also um i might have to flip a coin to decide for me

you are a lucky man Brian mate we are amped for the M&G with your self going up anzac weekend you will have a bit of insight into weres working, I pretty much know my plan already, got whitto in my tub so with a bit of luck we might nail one or two so the pressures on...

Hope all the bikers don't make to much noise up there, but at leased they cant ride up were you go flicking.

Ok mate so your still coming to the M&G good to here it should be a ripper, will see ya then.

Cheers Nath

Re: 4 Days to go and counting

could this be true???????

Re: 4 Days to go and counting

could this be true???????
    As I said a lucky man, nah mate hope you get into them!

Nath