Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U40 Rod bond

Re: U40 Rod bond

Dave

It is not called Probond Superlite it is R045 resin and H045 Hardener, we should be getting ours delivered today so will let you know later on what it is like and all so cost ect.

This is more cost affective considering as Owen said we pay a fortune for Araldite only to lose most of it and that was two lots not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Owen is that stuff called Probond superlite?

Thats not good to hear about your tip woes,,I'd be a little cranky myself.

Dave.
    cheers
    sandyd

Cheers Owen/ Sandy sounds like a good product.

All this info will be handy to others in future searches.

Delivery on a Sunday wow thats service.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

I heard a rumour last week Flex Coat was bringing out an epoxy paste.
    I don't know how true it is but I will give Roger from Flex Coat a call next week and let your know what I find out
    I know a lot of rod builders from the US use 2 part Kardol Epoxy http://www.kardol.com/fiberglass.htm
    I don't know if you can get it in Australia but that is the same thing that Owen and Sandy are talking about (I think).
    Last edited by OzRods; 20-04-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Sandy

Wise move. I have been using R045 and H045 epoxy for over 12 years and I wouldn’t use any other product. Its incredible strength is mind blowing. You must get the mix right and not leave it out in the elements. Also, make sure the lids are on securely after every use because the hardener love’s to suck up moisture.

Stu

Thanks Stu for the helpful hints I will keep that in mind when we get to try it out. For the next month we are pretty much tied up on week-ends. This week end and next we will be down your way for an engagement party then the one after my granddaughters first birthday.
    cheers
    sandyd