Thread: moogerah dam,whats doing??

moogerah dam,whats doing??

Can anyone tell me what the fishing is like at moogerah.Heard that there was a large scale fish kill due to the rising level after rain,but recent fishing monthly mag has said the fishing is slowly improving..always seem to bypass this dam for maroon,but really keen to go there next trip.

Re: moogerah dam,whats doing??

I've been wondering the same thing.
    Prob need a permit to fish there too. :-(
    I'll keep a close eye on this thread.

I was out at Moogerah a few weeks ago and it was pretty tough. Got a couple on GVibes early and a couple of fly once the sun got up. Only undersize Bass and 1 yella.

Everytime Moogerah fills it takes 6 months or more before the fishing really gets going again. I have heard of a few guys getting a couple of fish here and there, but nothing to write home about. Wait till the fish start school around winter and they might be easier to catch.

Maroon is still the better option at the moment, although it is going to have 4 comps on there over a 5 week period, so the fish might be a little lure shy for a while.

Cheers,
    Matt

Cheers for the tip pumba.Went to maroon on sunday,found it very difficult to entice a bite...sx48 freshwater lure was the only productive thing,usual popper,jackall,plastics really struggled on....Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming comps heading to maroon,might give it a swerve for a while.