View Poll Results: DO YOU EAT YOUR OWN FISH????

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES I DO

136 85.53%
  • NO I DONT

13 8.18%
  • I EAT FISH BUT NOT MINE

10 6.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Eat Your Fish??? I Dont!!!

Do You Eat Your Fish??? I Dont!!!

I Love Fishing As Much As Anyone Does, I Go Atleast Twice Every Week, But I Dont Eat Fish That I Catch, I Will Eat Fish Bought From The Shop If Its Crumbed Or Battered For Me, But I Just Cant Eat My Own Fish, I Clean And Cook It For Others
    The Fish I Buy From The Fish And Chip Shop Is No Doubt No-where Near As Fresh As The Fish I Catch But I Just Cant Do It, How Many Of You Out There Are The Same?? Its Not A Cruelty Green Thing, Infact I Dont Mind Killing Them And Throwing Them On The Ice, Its Like A Chook I Guess, I Couldnt Eat My Own But I Love Chicken

Re: Do You Eat Your Fish??? I Dont!!!

I have no problem eating any legal fish I catch.....

SASSYJNR, I dont eat everything I catch but, I eat what I need for a feed; BUT only if is a fish worth eating..........BTW check your posting habits the capitals on every word is a bit hard to read!!!
    "This space is saved for my next special catch"
    "Rainy" Haines Hunter 540C Yamaha 130 HPDI
    28lb King Salmon
    18lb Steelhead (Rainbow) Trout
    12lb Brown Trout
    6.5lb Brook Trout
    12lb Murry Cod
    6'+ Bronze Whaler Shark

I'll eat fish I catch if it's a good table fish, not too big, not too small. Usually it's squire in the 40-50cm range. I have no problem letting them go if I have no need for them.
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

this is easy for me no i don't like the taste of fish and i never have. people seem shocked when they say nice fish he would be good on the plate and i say as much as i love fishing i don't eat them.

regards,
    keechie
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

Same with you Steve,i will eat a good sized bream and whiting but i wouldn't eat a massive flatty
    Regards
    Dylan

I eat the odd reef fish and whiting but never eat barra or jacks they are just to nice to eat.
    I mostly catch ,photo and release

cheers BK

i eat my fish if im hungry enough and i dont already have something planned. And i only take 1 fish at a time , unless i promised someone if i catch mor ei would give them one.
    E.g
    This one time i crisined my new rod with a 32cm bream, and i was tossing up, but since i had something waiting for me, i threw it back.
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Yep ... love to eat any fish I catch .... seem to taste better than any purchased fish. My wife won't though. She will eat fish and chips from the take away, even filleted fish from the shop..... but whole fiish ... no way..... not even if I fillet the thing.

Cheers
    Graham

I love eating my own catch, (something about the whole hunting and gathering thing I suppose) I keep enough for a feed for me and the missus, then the rest are caught and released for fun.

I love a feed of fresh fish, especially when I can bring it home myself.

I'd love to be able to say that I release legal size fish when I have a feed, but I'm not that good a fisherman

i usually dont eat my fish but do love a feed of fish occasionaly
    Cheers
    BreamBuster33

I'll catch enough for a feed or 2 or even 3, then go home, mission accomplished.
    I hate cleaning fish!
    Generally I won't fish again until the previous catch have been eaten.
    The exception would be say 2 decent mornings in a row when I can take my 4.2 tinny over the local bar and fish inshore. Such calm, flat conditions are fairly rare so I don't mind taking advantage of them.
    Must also add that I will take a few extra choppers or small mac tuna to do up as bait, salted and frozen they are excellent.
    Personally I don't really want to catch a fish purely for fun, but each to their own.
    Sharks would prob be an exception, they are very durable!
    Cheers.
    Last edited by nigelr; 16-04-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Wife & I consume fish we catch 3 times a week , when we miss out its down to the slip,slop fish shops, but i must admit the last lot we purchase was fresh.
    I know quiet a few anglers who do not eat there catch, its got me confused.
    Would not like to be a Tiger ah ah.
    Cheers Ged.

I and my family love to eat fish, i have a few old pensioner couples in my area that i supply with a feed at times and they love it , I put a lot of effort into keeping my catch fresh and fillet and bone all of my catch,I love to fish and enjoy sharing my catch with others that enjoy fish, I have offered fillets to new friends and if i get a complaint like "oh!!! it was alright but" I never offer again, I limit my catch to what i need for my friends.
    Haf