Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Charters

Fishing Charters

hi for my birthday present i am thinking of going on a charter boat (charter boat virgin right here) so i was wondering whats a good charter around brisbane to go on, it can be any price as my parents are paying for it . all suggestions appreciated.

regards,
    keechie
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

Re: Fishing Charters

Think carefully about what sort of charter you want to go on mate. If you read a thread called "the charter that almost ruined fishing" you'll see they're not everyones cup of tea. If the deep sea variety interests you I'm sure there's plenty of charters people here can recommend. I believe there's also guides that operate out of the gold coast which are targetted more toward sports fishers, which might also interest you. Good luck and Happy Birthday.
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

John Goodling Outlaw Charters

SEAView Charters

As per Pm.

And both recommended on here.

i,d like to try south queensland charter services cheers sid

Keechie
    same as side fishes, try Smithy he is a member here.
    from all reports i have read he seems to keep coming up with the goods.

cheers
    joe

Keechie

I have been out with Smithy and it is a good day. Personal touch, 2-3 fishers, good gear, plenty to learn if you want and Rob is free with his advice if you want to ask. BB, jigging, SP - all in one trip.

Cheers

i think i am keener to go for a deep sea charter but i don't want to troll personally trolling bores be a bit. i wouldn't mind doing a charter at the gold coast fishing for bream, flathead and trevally but i might go deep sea.

regards,
    keechie

(p.s my birthday is in june i am just trying to figure something out now)
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

In the back of QFM and B & B there is charter info. From memory there is a charter down the coast in the canals

John Goodling Outlaw Charters

Hi Keechie,

Yeah another for John Gooding at Outlaw Charters or Smithy South Qld charter services. they are smaller charters so you will get more personalised service and have the benefit of expert advise and a skipper who not only knows their stuff but will work hard to put you on and keep you on fish all day.

Hope you have a great day

cheers

rhys

Try Smithy you wont regret it.

www.sqcs.com.au

Me and a mate had a cracker with him last year. Heres the link to the report.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=120692

do you get seasick? Ain't mich fun throwing up all day!

Jeremy

for estuary, Brad Smith is very good. Does the Gold Coast area. I think his number is in Brownies reports.

Jeremy

luckily enough i don't get sea sick so i am open for a few options.

regards,
    keechie
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    for estuary, Brad Smith is very good. Does the Gold Coast area. I think his number is in Brownies reports.

Jeremy
    Brad Smith is an awesome inside charter, he fishes the tweed really well, have hurd reports of over 60 fish boated a day and up to 8 species and only uses lures. also ross mc cubbin is really really good too. call doug burt fishing world for ross s number and boatshed bait and tackle for brads number.

Cheers
    Matty