Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does 'S Factor' work??

Does 'S Factor' work??

Anyone convinced that 'S Factor' works (i.e. the scent / attractant they sell with the pro range of squidgies)?
    Fly Fisher

"You can never have too much fishing tackle"

Re: Does 'S Factor' work??

dont think it hurts, but Ive allways found the normal squidgies to be lizard magnets anyways, except the hot tails, hate the hot tails lol
    I give the SP's a squirt of scent on a quiet day, doesnt hurt IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Fisher View Post
    Anyone convinced that 'S Factor' works (i.e. the scent / attractant they sell with the pro range of squidgies)?

Nice marketing IMHO ........ Gets you to pay extra $$$$

I'm not convinced

Nagg

you could use the thai brand "squid" fish sauce and i'd reckon it would work.. that stuff is potent!
    10% of people catch 90% of the fish

Lures catch fishermen don't they? Squidgies are my preferred soft plastic but I don't think if you used 1 with "S Factor" and 1 "original flavour" in the exact same conditions you'd see any catch difference at all.

Actually ... it was developed in Qld by Dr Ben Diggles.

It was tested on Australian species - well it was more the other way - he tested lots of competing products - and some actually repelled fish. Then they tested lots of "stuff" until they found "s".
    ... no he wouldnt say what is was!

He's a straight shooter and a genuine scientist - so on that basis I believe it works.

Gary

The S factor squidgies were supposed to be their answer to 'Gulp'.

Well they fell a long way short in my opinion.
    The new squidgies are exactly the same as the old ones but in different colours and some scent that you rub on.The scent comes off after a few casts anyway.

In saying that though the squidgies are very good plastics that have caught me some great fish.....but the 'S' factor rubbish is exactly that....'Rubbish'.

Pete

pete,
    any plastic works i found if you put 'em in the right spot. pic is 47 cm jack on a dirty old river to sea shad purchased from your establishment, even with no eyes & a few rips in it , the old bugga still pulled a few more fish before i hadta pension it off
    ps: got 2 dart yesterday arvo, fished all the way back down the beach this morning & didn'y get a bite that's fishin'
    cheers
    sams_fish

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    The new squidgies are exactly the same as the old ones but in different colours and some scent that you rub on.The scent comes off after a few casts anyway.

In saying that though the squidgies are very good plastics that have caught me some great fish.....but the 'S' factor rubbish is exactly that....'Rubbish'.

Pete
    Exactly what makes the S factor rubbish Pete ?

Being involved in the testing and trialing of S-Factor, I must admit I was a TOTAL sceptic and keen to see what the fuss and buzz was about amongst the Squidgy guys.
    My first "taste" was on the Far South Coast on NSW fishing the Bega river with Slick and Bushy.
    Wrighty was on the bow, Bushy and I down the rear casting deck, all of us casting 100mm bloodworm wrigglers.
    After about ten fish zip, I got suspicious. These pair have set me up before, but the difference was that Bushy was zip as well.
    Out of the corner of my eye, I saw slick jam his finger in a film canister, and wipe it on his wriggler. Busted!
    Turns out he had the smallest amount of S-Factor left and was keeping it to himself.
    We managed to get a scraping on the pro-strikes wind shield, first cast after applying Bushy and I both got fish, then one after another until we run out.
    It was the difference, quite simply.

I then got some Barra goop and my pet Barra (at that stage was just shy of a metre in length) who has wised up to every plastic known to man convinced me again.
    Dropped a slick rig in the tank tied to some mono, swam it back and fourth........swam up to it and turned his nose up. Applied s-factor and he nailed the bloody thing that hard I thought the tank would crack. He ended up passing it a day later.

Ben designed the S-Factor, he stands 100% behind it, as do the rest of us.
    It is not nor was it designed to be the answer to gulp.
    Now that is "rubbish", as is the claim that it comes off after a few casts. Of course it comes off, how else would the fish smell it?
    It has a controlled dispersion rate.

Chris, if you saw how much money went in to design, development and testing of S-Factor you'd understand why the pro-range is more expensive.

The amount of effort, refinement, development and testing that went into S-Factor is a credit to Bens knowledge, experience and tenacity.
    Cheers
    Jas
    Last edited by the_matrix; 13-04-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Well, you just sold me mate. I'm buying it tomorrow.

thanx jas for the background i havent used s factor yet but im certain ill give it a go some time soon
    i read ben diggles article recently on dams he knows his stuff who am i to doubt him but until i give it a go its hard to comment.
    sounds bloody good though.
    purcho

Wink Re: Does 'S Factor' work??

Pete what makes you say its rubbish, the 's" factor is designed to disperse, after all its an attractant and more importantly a stimulant, ie it causes the fish to get excited and bite the lure.

I fish with squidgy pro range mostly and try to save as much as the s factor as I can and use it on other brands of lures. The s factor is produced by a local guy for local conditions and local fish species and he is extremely well known and respected both in the fishing and scientific community.

Pete rather than state its rubbish could you please expand on your statement?

I was involved in some of the field trials and know for a fact that it works.

Regards

Peter Elliott

For me personally,it has not improved my catch,but my catch has not decreased either
    Regards
    Dylan

Chief 1, what species have you tried it on up here in Gladstone?
    Cheers
    Jas