Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does 'S Factor' work??

Re: Does 'S Factor' work??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Campbell View Post
    Ben did you publish these data? If you did, what journal - I'd be very interested in the results.
    Matt C
    Shimano have the data and I believe they may release it in due course. I provided Dr David Green with a summary of the data given his independent status in the industry and he published some information in his column in Fishing World August 2007. The problem is with laboratory trials there is nowhere to hide and 19 out of 21 scent products we trialled which were available on the market did not work in that the test fish spat the media used back out straight away. No prizes for guessing the 2 that did work though, and 1 was S-factor. For some of the products the fish did not take any more offered feed that day, indicating that some of the products on the market are actually repellents and not attractants. While we have the data on what worked and what didn't , it has been decided not to name names as the manufacturers of the products that did not work will basically see that as badmouthing their products and nothing good comes of that in the long run. I was pleasantly surprised by the professional approach taken by the shimano team towards the research and in their use of the data and while there may be more data to come showing the effectiveness of s-factor, there won't be any detrimental stuff on other brands

I see others are also interested in this topic. Personally I have found the pro bream fishers are in a good position to get a feel for what works and what doesn't given the large amount of time they spend on the water

http://www.ausbream.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5339

A link on whether you would you be interested in buying the product separately has appeared here:
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d=1#post823213

I am interested in what people think, now they know more about the product and how it was developed.

I have been rubbing 's factor' on HARDBODIES over the last month or so chasing barra here at Monduran since fishing with Jas Wilhelm. The day we went out, he was using it and I wasnt. he was braining them... Jas had 8-9 hookups to me - nil, until I started using it too. we evened out after that.

Well, I have landed plenty of fish since that day. They are hitting the lure harder than I thought possible, and BIG fish too. (125cm and 121cm best so far...read freshwater reports to see pics)

I have been sceptical about scents/attractants in the past. I am convinced it work. Results on the water is one thing, however, the credible scientific evidence to back up the product can not be overlooked.

Cheers Steve

There are plenty of scents out there, some work, some dont, but the s factor in squidgies pro helps on a quiet day but the bad thing about it is its very greasy, but still believe it works.........occasionly

I had a go at the pro range out near mud 2 weeks ago. I have never had a lot of success with SP's, but I keep trying. With the S Factor on, I was geting a strike nearly every cast. Without it, it was more like every 4th or 5th cast. I like the stuff.
    Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    Shimano have the data and I believe they may release it in due course.
    Shimano have informed me they will be releasing some of the data on the development of the S-factor attractant. For those who are interested, I have uploaded one presentation on the development process here:

http://www.digsfish.com/sfactorpresentation.pdf

enjoy !

The S factor is great can't fish without, not sure whether i vastly improves catch rate, but it sure does improve confidence.
    Last edited by MeePee_99; 04-06-2008 at 06:14 PM.

I have rubbed a little on shrimp once they have died, ( fishing for Bass ) and I noticed the strikes picked up.

I think I developed a stutter
    Last edited by Gordie; 05-06-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: REPEATED