Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does 'S Factor' work??

Re: Does 'S Factor' work??

Thanks for the info, Ben. It is great to get it from the source.
    From my limited experience with S factor, it certainly seems to make a difference.
    Dave
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    OK, but you must understand there is no opinion there Cammo, science just works on facts. It is up to others to form their own opinion. I just let everyone know the facts.
    well i agree with your point of view on the matter then and everything you said. I think i just said the same thing lol

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Is the product available in any form other than Squidgy pros/
    They do not have anything in a profile that that I look for.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks for the detailed response Ben D. You've encouraged me to take the time to use S factor a few more times and see what happens. If tackle manufacturers do monitor these forums, as your suggest, I hope they get the message that many anglers (like me) want independent, credible, published advice on whether new products do work as promoted. I'm not easily swayed by slick marketing campaigns with quotes from famous anglers saying they caught 10 fish the first time they used the product (maybe I'm getting old and cynical!).

Good fishing and thanks to those that have contributed to this thread,
    Fly Fisher

"You can never have too much fishing tackle"

i recon it works. i use the stuff a fair bit and i have had heaps of fish hit just after i appliyed the placy with the s factor and not befor, i had this one time chasing queenfish at twin waters, there was a lot of people fishing there and i was having a ball getting fish after fish but i was the only one catching all the fish and i had the same squidgy flick bait on like all the other guys where useing but i had the s factor on. one of the fellers came over and asked me what i was doing different and i showed him the s factor and put some on his plastic for him, the next cast he made he was on to a verry nice queenfish, he was blowed away as he had been there all day and not had a hit. the next cast he was on again them after he landed it he said to me" i cant belive it, that stuff realy works" so then i was harrassed by his mates to give them some s factor so i gave them some and strait away they where on. so from that day i was convinced it realy works. i just wish they sold it by its self so i stop running out of the stuff. i love it
    figjam :wink:

its just one tool in the box, dont be fooled into thinking that useing squidgy pros with s factor is suddenly going to change anyone into a gun angler, note I said angler, not fisherperson.
    If the boffins didnt introduce something new/cutting edge/guaranteed fish magnet every now and then, how would the major tackle manufacturers survive. Have a think how every rod, reel, braid, lure is touted as the best thing since sliced bread???
    I use the pros, I use scent, I use "nude SP,s", location and technique far outweigh scent IMO

Righto Shimano here it is, a lot of people know the s-factor works or want to try it as a stand alone product how about releasing it as a stand alone product such as stimulate???

How many fisher persons would buy such a product that is made for local conditions that has been tested and proved for the local enviroment???

havent used the new squidgies pro range much but i have a few mates who DEAD SET reckon that the "S Factor" works so i dont know why starlo and bushy arnet selling it in individual satchets
    "True Blue"

I have been fishing plastics lately with S-Factor and yes i was a little skeptical at first but to my surprise i found the fish actualy hit the lure harder, in other words they really swollow the thing down. I had never had so many plastics biten in half before and i really believe the S-Factor gets then a lot hungrier for them. I use to use stimulate and never had fish hit anywhere near as hard as they do on the S-Factor. And no i am not paid by Squidgie or took part in any field testing i am simply someone that has used it and noticed a difference. And in fact use it on every brand of plastics.

Cheers
    Scott

It is working for me too.
    I would love them to bring it out in tubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    There is scientifically rigorous laboratory data which says it does
    Ben did you publish these data? If you did, what journal - I'd be very interested in the results.
    Matt C
    Last edited by Matt_Campbell; 18-04-2008 at 12:31 PM.

Was out at wello once fishing with sp's plenty of casts but nothing. Last cast i tried putting some tuna oil on it and guess what BANG got smashed. Must have been the "T" factor,,, only cheaper. Proven out in the field.
    Avast ye matey!

I reckon with any scented plastic all you end up with is more bites from smaller fish and not the bigger ones you're chasing. If you're getting more bites than you're more likely to keep fishing and the longer your plastic is in the water the greater the chance of catching a better fish is. Not sure if that makes sense but i prefer not to use scented plastics.

PlasticFantastic

Well, I went fishing yesterday to the logan river.
    Being land based I normally just use fresh bait, and a few live prawns, but as the prawns where the only thing getting hit, I tried some "S" factor on some SP's. 2" bloodworm's. I was just slowly retrieving, and also doing a bit of jigging.
    I had 4 squidgies bitten in half, and only 1 hook-up in 2 hours.
    As I ran out of bloodworms, I tried a few squidgies powerbait minnows in pumkinseed, and didn't get any action, just a few small bites after the first hour.
    So out "S" factor, and yet again, 2 more SP's bitten off in the first hour.

I didn't land any decent fish, but I had fun, and I found out that even someone like me, who has no experience with SP's can get some decent hits by using some attractant.
    Might try the twin rivers next weekend with some different SP's and give them a go aswell.

na wont cut it