Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So , How was (is) your barra season

Re: So , How was (is) your barra season

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post

I have seen a fair few decent fish brought to the boat , by myself and others on board, with a few very memorable catches on the way

Matt
    understatement of the year Matt, youve given most of us a new benchmark to try to reach, it was a BIG fishy

Gordon, a lot of boats at the ramps at times, specially on moons, at least theres allways the timber up the back to escape the mob

cheers
    brian

Had a good year across thus neck of the woods, the Ord usually can produce a steady amount of nice fish. Biggest issue was access over the wet, missed a lot of run off due to road closures. Feb gave us 500 mm plus, plenty of water going everywhere but a hard slog to get to it.

Fish are all in good nick and plenty of stuff from 80 to over a metre.

Got a moon this weekend, Friday night should be a good one. Not going to miss it

Yeh, not too bad considering I didn't fish run off much this year.
    Now that the billabongs and Lagoons that feed the major rivers are restocked with chromies after the wet I think I'm gonna get my fair share this dry season.
    Hoping so anyways. PB is currently at 84cm of solid saltwater barramundi.
    Cheers,

Richie

go the salties Richie, half ya luck mate
    cheers
    brian

last year was awesome.this year is just getting better and better.pic is of my wife with a WINTER 07 awoonga monster.bloody cold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIDDA View Post
    last year was awesome.this year is just getting better and better.pic is of my wife with a WINTER 07 awoonga monster.bloody cold!!!
    Squidda,

mate, that is a monster of a fish...what size was it!!!

Great effort....looking at the the way the wife is rugged up ....it looks VERY cold!!

good work

cheers steve

Thanks Steve.Fish was 116cm.It was in great condition as you can see.I dont no who was more excited me or her!We had been home(gladstone) for about a week after being in Weipa for 5 months.So we were really feeling the cold!Water temp at Awoonga that evening was around 16degressC.We landed 3 fish over a metre.

Thumbs up Re: So , How was (is) your barra season

A reasonable calendar year in 2007 seen the average size go up to around 90 cm in Monduran with big numbers of meter plus boated...... No where near the numbers of 2006 though . The most common size was ether low 90's or Hi 90's
    Had some fun @ Faust 'Teemburra & Awoonga as well and scored a new Pb out of Awoonga . This year has started a bit quiet.... mainly due to water quality issues and less time on the water so far.... but that's about to change real soon

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

We havn't heard too much about Faust in recent times - - The Taylor boys must be out fishing too much

Nagg

Smile Re: So , How was (is) your barra season

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Colo .... Teemburra is a lovely little impoundment I think the water levels have nearly doubled since I had my little peek last Oct
    I'm dyimg to get back there ...... & maybe having a few casts on bass gear
    Stick to it Colo ..... you live close to some awesome waters

Nagg

PS ... dont forget those Sooties at Teemburra & Eungella ( if thats how you spell it! )

Sure is a nice place. It's my favourite next to Cania, love whackin some bass and togas there

Teemburra is all but full at the moment and alot of structure that was there when you were I guarantee won't be anymore but at the same time has opened up a heap of new stuff. Last time I spoke to my mate he'd been up there the previous weekend with some work buddies (good to know people at the local BCF ) and he boated 17 barra for the day and his 2 mates also nailed a dozen each. That's like 41 barra total, that's awesome. Coincidentally I was there on the same day (about a 1.5 months ago ) for about 2 hrs fishing time mid arvo and managed 1 rat and dropped a couple more before my curfew which was ok.
    Haven't been back yet since but my tinny is gettin fixed tomorrow so it won't be long now. I'm counting the sleeps til my next trip . Unfortunately I can't make it to the sooty comp at Eungulla next weekend. It would've been a good experience.

Any way, best of luck out there. Colo

P.S. Would be good to hear from some other Mackay area freshwater fishos.

Quote Originally Posted by Colo77 View Post
    Sure is a nice place. It's my favourite next to Cania, love whackin some bass and togas there

Teemburra is all but full at the moment and alot of structure that was there when you were I guarantee won't be anymore but at the same time has opened up a heap of new stuff. Last time I spoke to my mate he'd been up there the previous weekend with some work buddies (good to know people at the local BCF ) and he boated 17 barra for the day and his 2 mates also nailed a dozen each. That's like 41 barra total, that's awesome. Coincidentally I was there on the same day (about a 1.5 months ago ) for about 2 hrs fishing time mid arvo and managed 1 rat and dropped a couple more before my curfew which was ok.
    Haven't been back yet since but my tinny is gettin fixed tomorrow so it won't be long now. I'm counting the sleeps til my next trip . Unfortunately I can't make it to the sooty comp at Eungulla next weekend. It would've been a good experience.

Any way, best of luck out there. Colo

P.S. Would be good to hear from some other Mackay area freshwater fishos.
    So Colo ...... How did Teemburra fish ???

Nagg

Hi Nagg,

Still didn't make it up to Teemburra this weekend . My family has alot of stuff going on at the moment. I assume the barra would be slowing down a fair bit with the cooler weather of late. I'll catch up with my mate Jas this week and let you know. He will be sure to have been up there very recently. A guy from work was going up there this weekend too.

Cheers, Colo