Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 50,000 barra for Monduran

Re: 50,000 barra for Monduran

Quote Originally Posted by tazzydevil View Post
    whats so good about monduran every one on this website just posts things about it. went there once while hervey bay fishing. got just one golden perch from the bank.
    Don't worry TD plenty of others have been to Mondy including myself and not boated a scale at least u got a Yella, I call it fishing not catching, But I will guarantee u hooked for life when u do get a Barra, Cheers Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    No worries Nipsta Ill bring some rubbing alcohol its a new product called Wild Turkey enough of that will hold the pain at bay, Cheers Whitto

ok no worries i have my rubbing achol too southern comfort on special at the moment at liquor land 1 litre for 40 bucks should get me through the weekend i say oh yeah and ill weld it propley for him dont want yas to miss out cause i buggered a weld i just was hoping to get a bite but like our trip yesturday to bourumba not a reation (ba the little hits just before we where ready to come home

whats so good about monduran every one on this website just posts things about it. went there once while hervey bay fishing. got just one golden perch from the bank.

nothin good there mate, terrible place full of mozzies

I hear Awoonga is the gun spot, plenty of barra there

Nah, I'll be serious, if you like the challenge of trying to pull big barra out of flooded trees, Mondy is "da bomb"

Hey greg we are sharing a tent mate not too much rubbing turkey

Nah it will be a great week end looking forward to it but i will stick to few ales i don't want the

Cheers NATH
    Last edited by Tropicaltrout; 14-04-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Hey greg we are sharing a tent mate not too much rubbing turkey

Nah it will be a great week end looking forward to it but i will stick to few ales i don't want the

Cheers NATH
    hahahaha i definelty setting up away from that tenrt you too might be broke back monduran in that tent lol its started already m & g here we go

Whats so good about it??? Check out some of the pics posted from monduran over the last year.

Unfortunately tazzy, you cant expect to rock up for one trip, fish off the bank, and expect catch a barra. It can happen, but its very unlikely.

Catching a yella is MORE rare!! I didnt even know they were in there. they are not stocked nor do the breed this side of the GDR or in impoundments.

give it another go, preferably in a boat. you will give youself a better chance at a barra, then you will know what the fuss is about

cheers steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 14-04-2008 at 08:20 PM.

took a mate of mine up there earlier this year Steve, he used to fish ABT bass, he became very excited seeing some of the rocky drop offs, muttering something bout "yellas", I just told him to shut up and hang on, no barra there

Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    Colo
    I think that the DPI now believe that there are three stains Northern, Central and Southern and we are allowed to stock the last two.
    Cheers Foxie

That's good news Foxie, the two latter strains must be very closely related.

I guess we're only talking about the difference between a wild barra from Rockhampton and a wild barra from here in Mackay. There'd be nothing in it.

The old stocking group buddies from Emerald will be thrilled with the news if they don't already know.

Cheers, Colo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Whats so good about it??? Check out some of the pics posted from monduran over the last year.

Unfortunately tazzy, you cant expect to rock up for one trip, fish off the bank, and expect catch a barra. It can happen, but its very unlikely.

Catching a yella is MORE rare!! I didnt even know they were in there. they are not stocked nor do the breed this side of the GDR or in impoundments.

give it another go, preferably in a boat. you will give youself a better chance at a barra, then you will know what the fuss is about

cheers steve
    Steve,
    Yellowbelly have been stocked in years past and they do breed on the eastern side of the dividing range (in the rivers, not in impoundments). Its just the Murray Darling strain that you get on the other side of the range. DPI have recognised that there is a eastern strain as well as the northern (Fitzroy Dawson) and Western (MD) strain of golden. DPI would have stocked them years ago and before the SIP scheme came in.

Just the last few years the abundant availability and attraction to southern anglers have swayed the stocking preference to Barramundi and Bass. Who would travel 5 hours from Brisbane to catch a yella? We are too spoilt in SEQ for choice in our local impoundments to warrant such a trip for just a yellowbelly.

Matt
    Last edited by Pumba; 14-04-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Smile Re: 50,000 barra for Monduran

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

cheers steve
    You probably caught a bass Taz, ya goose.

What Steve said (above).

Colo

Steve B,
    Well done MASA, GOOD WORK, and Steve i agree it's a great feeling to see the fingerlings swim off into their new world.
    Watching the fingerlings swim off is great but an even much better feeling is gained when you release a big girl over a metre long and see her swim off waving goodbye with her big tail as she dissappears into the depths.

I'm one who believes that these fish are just to good to be only caught once, twice or even many times, if handled properly these fish will continue to give fishermen the thrill of a lifetime. At the same time, it is a put and take fishery and i can not begrudge the person who chooses to keep a fish within the laws.

Three or four years ago the meato's hit Faust and the stench of the rotting frames just thrown over the bank either side of the ramp was absoultely disgusting.

I recently broke my habit of driving past Monduran and Awoonga and had a three and a bit days fantastic fishing at Awoonga. I am now considering making a return series of trips to Monduran and Awoonga, trying to make the Sweetwater M&G in May, not certain yet.

Once again well done.

Cheers,
    John.

Thems Wog Barra that they put in Monduran l tell you...You just gota put some good ole Garlic on your lures...Central strain yea right... ....But 50,000 is better than nothing ....But l fear for them The Southern strain will bashem up.....Foxy stock up on your sent range mate....

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Thems Wog Barra that they put in Monduran l tell you...You just gota put some good ole Garlic on your lures...Central strain yea right... ....But 50,000 is better than nothing ....But l fear for them The Southern strain will bashem up.....Foxy stock up on your sent range mate....
    Trev try and get down to Monduran for the meet and greet if at all possible, Mate I buy the Garlic spray all the time, bloody beautiful on steak sizzling away on the leccie barby's u should try it, Cheers Whitto

wog barra........................one of figjams finest
    Save some garlic spray for me whitto, its great for making impoundment barra taste ok I hear
    PS My mate Jenko tells me it repells cancer.
    Cheers
    Jas

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    as a proud aussie and proud italian would you mind explaning what "wog barra" are please awonga???
    purcho