Thread: Navman PC Planner Question

Talking Navman PC Planner Question

Has anyone got this program? I am looking at buying one and i want to make sure it's worth the bucks.
    Are they easy to use?
    Do i need some sort of card to put in slot or is there cables?
    Any bad points about them?
    Ok buying over seas?
    Are they compatible to any Navman?

Thanks Chris
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Navman PC Planner Question

Hi Chris
    1 Yes they are easy to use
    2 They use USB to connect to the computer, and then use your C-Map card that you have in your chartplotter. Get a user card so you can transfer the routes that you create, back to your chartplotter in the boat.
    3 I have not found any bad points
    4 I bought mine from Fishon Marine --no problems very smooth transaction
    5 Just check your model before you purchase, but I think you would be fine.

Pm sent thanks for that
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Chris,
    I have had one for 18 months now and use it every time I go out. I find its a valuable tool for planning the entire trip. I kept reasonable records of my last 8 years of fishing and the way points, then transfered these to the planner, so all of your details can be stored including what you caught on a particular spot. This can also be printed out. I have downloaded the program to a home pc and a laptop. The only trouble I have had is the laptops memory appears to only store approx 250 300 waypoints. Overall I would recomend one and the money spent will be saved in fuel. I think it works with all the navman chart plotters, but as mentioned buy the user card to transfer to and from your plotter. The user card will also store your waypoints.
    Cheers Mal.

Can someone explain to me what this user card is?

Cheers
    Gazza

The user card look a lot like the c map card in your GPS but it acts like a blank disk, you save your information on it and then insert it into your GPS unit and upload your information