Thread: Timber/wood guru needed

Timber/wood guru needed

I’m looking for a wood working guru/expert that can help me out. I need some info on cutting a certain shape in timber.

Stuart
    Precision Rods

Re: Timber/wood guru needed

That would be Finga but where is he?

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

What do you require exactly

PM if you like

Mike

what sort of timber and what sort of shape?

Stuart,
    You won't go far past Mark Blabaum.
    I've just posted the tutorial he did in the Custom Rod Builders Guild magazine.
    He also did the handle I got for Sandy.
    I don't understand this wood stuff. It don't weld too well

You can contact him through the guild
    He's a great guy and would most likely be happy to help.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Owen

Thanks for th elink mate. Its not what Im after but some thing I will explore down the track. The timber I need is quite diffrent from that.

Stu

I am a woodworker with a fully equipped backyard shed (well I don't have a laser-guided CNC router )

What are ya needin? Send me a PM with the shape and I'll tell ya if I can craft it or not, or at least suggest how you might do it etc etc.
    Last edited by BaitThrower; 11-04-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Why so secretive, or are we reproducing a trademark or patented item,
    I have a shed full of timber and could turn it into anything you want,
    maybe a wooden spoon or dummy might be in order.
    cheers Mick

i almost thought about trying some rod building but it all sounds a bit to political for me.

Do it mate you wont regreat it. Rod building is a very rewarding past time whether its for yourself or as a professional. There is also many good people in the hobby as well, you only need to look as far as the RBW to see that. Dont let what has happend here spoil what can be a very rewarding past time.

Stu

Try the yellow pages or you could search Australian woodwork sights, I wont
    tell you which is the best, but I can gaurantee that if you are not prepared to
    indicate your requirement then you are not going to get much help.
    And if you are going to play guessing games, then yes my guess is that
    the desired shape is protected by some form of trademark/patent.
    cheers Mick

Madmix

As I said before and I will say it again because you obviously don’t understand English. I’m going to be releasing a range of rods which have these grips fitted to them. Would you have me advertise what I’m about to release so every competitor of mine can see and then do the same? I’m not that stupid to make or reproduce some one else’s work, for you to suggest that is insulting to my ability as a rod builder which may I add I have been doing for near on 20 years full time. Madmix, your guess is just that, a guess. Perhaps you should ask the question and stop assuming.

To be honest Madmix, I have had plenty of help and offers of help. Many have pm me with suggestions and between myself and the others we have come up with an answer to my problem. Considering this thread has know turned into a shit cake for no apparent resone other than the guy who thinks I’m going to get my dick carved out of wood in which sandy took offence to my reply to that pathetic comment, every thing has turned out good. I’m a small business that needs every small advantage I can get, designing new blanks, butts, roller guides, and so on gives me that step ahead of the pack. Madmix, it’s apparent that your way of thinking is every company that has a trade secret for a new product must be ripping some one else off. I can’t for the life of me understand the thinking of people these days, cant someone come up with an idea or a design, do we need to bag that person? The world is becoming a sad place to live in. The saying holds true, Australia is the land of the knockers. For those with anymore negative comments, please tell some one that cares.

Stu

Best of luck with your venture stu, but I dont see how anyone could have
    offered you advice given the info provided, you have not provided
    any detail as to type of timber required or wether your idea requires
    laminating/turning/inlay/lazer engraving etc etc etc,
    Maybe a bit of shrinkadink work might be up your alley,(but I'm sure you
    wont know what that is and will take offence) one will never know.

cheers Mick

I think Stu just was just putting the call out for people who had the skills to PM him. I did and he sent me some more detail of what he needs, then I replied back to him. He obviously doesn't want to be blasting the pictures and info out ot the public. As he said, its his new design and idea he doesn't want others out there to be copying and beat him to market.

Perhaps he should have just mentioned in his original post to PM him if you could help. Forgot that maybe

Agree entirely BT, if he had asked for PMs only, he would have got one.
    Cheers Mick