Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass fishing for Dummies

Re: Bass fishing for Dummies

Mate it looks like you have a prime area for a few fresh natives in that spot. As the guys above have mentioned stick to submerged logs and I have personally found early mornings and evenings the best and also a rising baramoter but Im sure evryone has there own preference. I like the gold coloured lures prefably the harbodies or even the spinnerbait may be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-in-ballina View Post
    Mate it looks like you have a prime area for a few fresh natives in that spot. As the guys above have mentioned stick to submerged logs and I have personally found early mornings and evenings the best and also a rising baramoter but Im sure evryone has there own preference. I like the gold coloured lures prefably the harbodies or even the spinnerbait may be an option.

When you say submerged logs - there are heaps to choose from. Should I try vertical or horizontal? Just under the water surface or well under?

Thanks

Hi Steve

Horizontal logs tend to provide the best structure that the fish like, although vertical ones can also be worth a shot as well.

Shallow and deep snags are all worth a go untill you get an idea on what's working on the day.

Cheers
    Tony

What a magical little spot you've got there, looks like it would hold some pretty serious snags.....after seeing the pics I think my first lure would be a light weight spinner bait to get a feel for the place.
    Hopefully you'll come across some fish, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Good luck.