Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mud Island secret

Re: Mud Island secret

this is a true story.

by the way i didnt no this place was there.

i was on a house boat last weekend with a few friends, we where all telling a couple of stories.any how i remember a story that one of my mates told me a few years back.he was camping at the sand hills on moreton(honey moon 6 weeks)and he reckons one night him & his mr's seen a object with flashing lights come up out of the water and fly off into the sky.he was looking across the bay when this happened.maybe its the sink hole where he seen these lights comming from.

Quote Originally Posted by vk355a View Post
    this is a true story.

by the way i didnt no this place was there.

i was on a house boat last weekend with a few friends, we where all telling a couple of stories.any how i remember a story that one of my mates told me a few years back.he was camping at the sand hills on moreton(honey moon 6 weeks)and he reckons one night him & his mr's seen a object with flashing lights come up out of the water and fly off into the sky.he was looking across the bay when this happened.maybe its the sink hole where he seen these lights comming from.
    Hmmmm best advice I can give is stay away from the brown acid man.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Hmmmm best advice I can give is stay away from the brown acid man.

Dave.
    And also stay away from the yellow snow!!

Cheers

Dave

Hi all,

A few people said they would not mind giving the GPS location of the sink hole......I was hoping for an update on that location?

Cheers
    Milo

Quote Originally Posted by mbt View Post
    For years I fished a spot in the bay, regularly caught good snapper and red empera (all between 8 and 13kg) all fish where released and it was a well kept secret between a few close mates, well it was until a boat pulled up beside us one day and dropped a camera over the side, the owner of the boat was a member of one of the bays biggest fishing clubs and couldn’t weight to go back and show all his mates the footage…..within 6 weeks the area was decimated . that was a few years ago now , it was a breeding area and now is a desert.
    Hi MBT,

Just wondering if you would let me have the GPS location of the spot you are talking about. I realise you are saying that it is pointless as it has been fished out but anything is better than what I am catching now??

I cannot stand this anymore.
    Here is a starting point for all
    of you who want the gps point
    27 201 46
    153 150 02
    Start here and radiate and you wiil find it

Graeme

Look for the southern end of the east channel and you are pretty much on it. ITs just to the south west. Sound it out, you cant miss it. I think last time I buzzed over it (maybe 4 weeks ago) I measured something like 33meters.

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post
    I cannot stand this anymore.
    Here is a starting point for all
    of you who want the gps point
    27 201 46
    153 150 02
    Start here and radiate and you wiil find it

Graeme

Funny,
    For those who don't get it that mark is about the middle of mud Island.

I think that hole was also a dumping ground for ammunitions (or was somewhere near there). Perhaps that is why there is a big hole.

Big Flathead also make decent holes to lay in, or maybe it was a whale ????

What do they say, any holes a goal.

Mickstar

men are strange, on dry land we look for a tight pink hole, and when on the water we look for a big blue hole

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post
    Yesterday there was a reply on this thread
    that had 3 links attached to it.
    They now seem to have dissappeared.
    Is there a reason for them going.????????
    Graeme

A bit unfair really - I noticed this also.

Quote Originally Posted by creevey@manly View Post
    I must Say this cause a mate of mine put me onto this site and i joined because he said it was the top fishing forum in australia

After reading the crap i have read over the last few days i tend to differ

Vote one for ########### website i say! At least the fellas there want to help eachother

You fellas should listen to yourselves

Grow up its just a freggen hole in a very large ocean and a very large world of fishing

Huroo

Well said... I agree many forums turn into either a brag session, an arse licking session, or arguments.

Help each other out and be nice to one another - or shut up, "for arguing and slander is the worst form of social discourse" (Fr Riley)

Hey,
    Here is a section of the map showing the hole for those who have not seen it. Looks large when you compare it to mud island itself. I dont care for the GPS mark, i find my own spots. This post however, does show the true colours of some people.
    Enjoy your fishing (including finding them)
    Cam.