Thread: Evans Head

Evans Head

Heading to Evans Head this weekend, I have a small tinnie and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I dont want anyone's spot X. Just some general areas and what I can expect to catch.
    Cheers Adam

Re: Evans Head

How bigs your tinny Adam? Do you intend to cross the bar?

Hi Adam, mate have a really good look at the Bar b4 taking it on, can be a real s**T on a run out tide. Don't just check from the lookout, go down to shark bay and suss it from there. Having said that, if the conditions r OK the closest reef is out off Snapper rock at the southern end of Chinamans beach from there the next descent mark is called Chaos, head south east from Snapper rock, u will see it breaking, plenty of good ground around there.
    If u see a red n white Yalta "PJ2" that's my old man.
    Cheers, Pete.

hi phatphish..

I echo earlier comments about the bar.. very dangerous on an outgoing tide..

if the weather permits.. do a search on the web for windarra banks.. we've had some success out there and it's not far from the brunswick bar..

but be mindful of the conditions..

Same here about the bar, but if your heading our on Friday or Saturday morn, the weather report is still pretty good (keep an eye on it though - it does change a bit). Chaos is a fairly productive system if fished right. I normally head straight there - would like to go further out but my 13foot won't allow it....all the best...