Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mud Island secret

Re: Mud Island secret

It's as plain as the nose on my face and thats quite plain just ask anyone that knows me

It's all about you cannot have what I have and if you cannot do what I do the way I do it then I don't want you to do it at all - same ideology as the green zones and DPI even. Selfish self centered inward looking belief systems running uncontrolled.

one thing though it would poop me to turn up and find 30 other boats nearby - goes against the second reason to be there at all.

Somehow I think it's a bit of a stretch to twist the average blokes beliefs toward any justification for green zone - but it's very easy to do (rolls eyes).

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    If fishos are prepared to put in the time and discover places where their success rate is higher then well hit areas, why should they devulge them to every man and his dog.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    All you have to do is look at the number of views this post has had since its enception, all trying to find out more info or another place to fish, where they dont have to spend hours searching or working out the times to fish these areas.
    Too many these days havent the patience/abilities to do their own search, and rely on sites like this to plan their next fishing trip.
    Not everyone has the time available on the water to plan their fishing any other way! perhaps you should consider fishing a new area everytime you go out.....then you'll know what it is like for someone who gets on the water only when able and not necessarily the best time, tide or weather, just when you can.

roo.

I am a little ac dc with this.
    I can remember quite well a short time ago
    everyone on this site was knocking the new
    green zones and a big ausfish parade in
    brisbane, do i ring a bell here.?????????????
    Now we are saying that this area should be made a green zone.
    I am quite confused.
    Graeme

I, for one, had never heard of it and I do not watch Ch 10 news. If not for the post on here I would know nothing about it. I imagine there would be many more like myself so why bother even putting a post on here if you want to keep it quiet.
    Already well over 1000 views.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I am reasonably happy with what went to air in the end.
    I made efforts to prevent the story going to air - I'd like to thank Lucky Phill who got involved and tried to prevent some information being released as well.
    I think we made a difference – you might notice no Lat/Long on the chart and no GPS marks on the screen – I think that in itself will help water down the onslaught.
    My fishing partner Garry Fraser who was interviewed by Ten got the environmental issue across.
    And yes, it was referred to on Ten as “near Mud Island” - I can claim that was my doing – for the same reasons I referred to it as “off Mud Island” on Ausfish – I was throwing out red herrings, hoping the maps would not be clear enough to pinpoint a location.
    The bottom line is… it is not easy to get to; you will run aground, polish props and not find it.
    Forget the sink hole, there are more secrets revealed in those 3D maps than 100years of sounding the Bay would ever reveal.

Nugget ><>

Good on ya Nugget and Lucky_phill!

Cheers, Mick.

I agree with Pinhead. Placing the recreational fishos attention on one spot in the bay is not a good thing, the less said about this "magical"place the better.

Sorry, but i dont think that not having the long and lats is going to make one bit of difference, anyone who can read a map will be able to find it.

I hope this doesnt affect the bay too badly, the EPA should be shot for releasing this info, idiots....Environmental Pofda Agency

That level of detail about any natural resoursce should never be released to the public - what were they thinking? Is this a way for them to put more weight behind green zones?

I normally fish 60 kms offshore, i feel sorry for those only with small tinnies if this does hurt the fish stocks in the bay, I hope it doesnt.

Ouch........ is it possible they could release this kinda map for the offshore reef systems....I am starting to hate the technology I have become so fond of.

Why the big deal about this spot anyhow???? half the joy of having a boat is finding those special spots..... Take away the guess work and what is left?? Bit like cheating on an exam, got the results but did you earn them?

Bill.

G'day

I've been having a look at the map, the one on the seq water site, sourced from the link posted earlier.

I do agree with webbys thoughts, and phils, but by looking at the map, there's a lot of ground there that I find interesting.

The bit that resembles a "hole" to me, and would be on any real interest, would be almost a perfect circle, that seems to be just over 1/2 way between the E corner of mud and the big sand hills.

There's interesting areas just east of St. Helena, and within a km or so off of mud as well.

I know i'm only a minority, but my chances of finding the "right" place thats being guarded, and for good reasons, in a 12' tinny..... is slim.

Even if I had a 20' and would comfortably spend time searching the areas using the map as a reference, maybe I'd have a win.... don't know.

Just seems to be too much good information there to really worry about anyone targeting any specific areas.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by lampuki View Post
    I agree with Pinhead. Placing the recreational fishos attention on one spot in the bay is not a good thing, the less said about this "magical"place the better.

Sorry, but i dont think that not having the long and lats is going to make one bit of difference, anyone who can read a map will be able to find it.

I hope this doesnt affect the bay too badly, the EPA should be shot for releasing this info, idiots....Environmental Pofda Agency

That level of detail about any natural resoursce should never be released to the public - what were they thinking? Is this a way for them to put more weight behind green zones?

I normally fish 60 kms offshore, i feel sorry for those only with small tinnies if this does hurt the fish stocks in the bay, I hope it doesnt.

Ouch........ is it possible they could release this kinda map for the offshore reef systems....I am starting to hate the technology I have become so fond of.
    Are you serious that this information shouldn't be released to the public??? Our tax dollars have paid for this project!!!!

Finally got onto the site with the map. Ahh no big deal... there are lots of places that are similar you can see on the map. In fact, all the rec fishers can go there as much as they like, means less boats where I am going fishing :-)

In fact, I might outfit my tinny with an ice cream machine and go service the thousands of boaties that will be there this weekend
    Last edited by BaitThrower; 11-04-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaitThrower View Post
    Finally got onto the site with the map. Ahh no big deal... there are lots of places that are similar you can see on the map. In fact, all the rec fishers can go there as much as they like, means less boats where I am going fishing :-)

In fact, I might outfit my tinny with an ice cream machine and go service the thousands of boaties that will be there this weekend
    haha

I don't really care about the 'hole', but if you see my boat out there on sunday on your way to the hordes at the hole, can I please have a choc dip ice cream with sprinkles?

i agree no big deal - plenty more spots to catch a feed!

If nugget didnt say anything on here there wouldnt be this much drama about it,where there's smoke there's fire as they say.

i wouldnt have heard about it either if it wasnt from this site.
    from the link posted, google earth and my marine charts i now have it down to round 1 square kilometre. but still its only a spot that will be phucked in no time. you wont have to search for the "hole" now. grab some worms and have a fish at the sand hills for whiting on sunday. youll pass by a 100 boats throwing sinkers at one another!

cheers

lippa

I dunno curtain still fishes ok and it is as big as suncorp.There might be some record catches for a while but it will still proform ok in the long run, who knows it might be over-rated.

I had a look at the map that is on the SEQ Catchments website and from what i can see it looks like the hole is actually closer to moreton than mud, am i wrong?