Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mud Island secret

Re: Mud Island secret

Yeah you're right phill, it is just outside of the proposed area. But I guess that highlights what a poor job the epa did in determining what areas need to be protected.

simon

Im sorry it was ever revealed although i didnt see it, as for not taking breeders? ha, there is a huge number of posters on this site who only practise fill the esky conservation, if you catch a trophy breeder snapper and release it you get the comments like great i can catch it and release it into my esky, IE so long as its within thier legal catch limits they dont give a ratz,the same logic as keeping 5 flathead 69cm, and anybody alse noticed the poor catch rate of snapper the last 12 months? i have, i hope its just a bad season.

As Dave (Nugget) has said if you take a good look at the map there are plenty of other places revealed that are worth taking a look at it is just a matter of finding them then working out when they fish well.This would probably take 24hrs a day every day for the whole year whilst recording every single detail in regards to weather,tides and so on.For those fortunate enough to work it out keep it to yourselves.

Cheers and good luck.
    Dazza

Jeez im only new to this site, but I thought it was all about sharing info and helping other fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    Jeez im only new to this site, but I thought it was all about sharing info and helping other fishermen.
    Mate good luck trying to get this info out off those that have it,, if it was me id never speak a word .

anyway i missed the report so dont have any idea on how much was shown.
    "True Blue"

Now I'm a bit confused here... it would seem most of the fishing folk would agree that green zones are not a good form of fishery management and would dispute the spill over effect of green zones but from what i have read over the last couple of pages their has been a sudden change of heart and green zones are now the best from of protecting breeding stocks of the bay. Which is it? so do we all now believe in the spill over effect?

Quote Originally Posted by bayfisher View Post
    Now I'm a bit confused here... it would seem most of the fishing folk would agree that green zones are not a good form of fishery management and would dispute the spill over effect of green zones but from what i have read over the last couple of pages their has been a sudden change of heart and green zones are now the best from of protecting breeding stocks of the bay. Which is it? so do we all now believe in the spill over effect?
    quite right there Bayfisher so are we going to debate more on green zones ?

It seems there is alot more research needed into how THEY zone OUR bay.
    "True Blue"

thank god they did not find the tractors where Flathead are as long as your arm and the Jew are as tall as you and the snapper that offshore fishos only dream about .

Quote Originally Posted by tobig View Post
    thank god they did not find the tractors where Flathead are as long as your arm and the Jew are as tall as you and the snapper that offshore fishos only dream about .
    SOUNDS like hevan mate flathead as long as your arm.. jew as tall as me .... and ohh the snapper
    "True Blue"

Ok ok…
    Protect the breeders, catch a feed, green zones and secrete spots x’x, but after 2 generations of fishing Moreton bay as well as the exploits of Cheech and Chongs charters, I have decided to let you all know the exact location of the 24m deep hole off Mud Is. Now this may be a surprise that I am going to share this with every one but fairs fair………..
    Ok here it is
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>

>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Its is located at>>
    >

>>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    >the shipping channel

Cool man.

Chong, thats far to much info
    Tangles KFC

I got an idea... since these holes are so good for fish breeding, and it appears we need more of that in the bay, why not take a big ship out in the bay and drill some big holes here and there

(Further, the vast majority that do know about it, DO NOT take fish from there. They understand the importance of these areas.)
    And where was this info gathered ?????
    Yes there are a select number of areas in the bay like deep holes,isolated reefs, wrecks and caves and the same applies offshore.
    For a start these sort of post should never be put up on sites like this, and as such very little attention would have been drawn from the News broadcast.
    There is one area in the bay, where pro's work and demolish the sweetlip populations in the bay and is kept very hush hush.
    If fishos are prepared to put in the time and discover places where their success rate is higher then well hit areas, why should they devulge them to every man and his dog.
    All you have to do is look at the number of views this post has had since its enception, all trying to find out more info or another place to fish, where they dont have to spend hours searching or working out the times to fish these areas.
    Too many these days havent the patience/abilities to do their own search, and rely on sites like this to plan their next fishing trip.
    With the empending EPA zones due in 2008, pressures will increase on some areas and life for some will get harder, so nows the oppurtunity to get out there and do some had yards in finding your own spot x"s.
    regards

I've been mulling over this for hours, and possibly need help understanding where the REAL issues lay, before I blow a fuse trying to see where everyones' motivations are. But I am trying to see things objectively and unbiased.

I've been actively helping the good fight in keeping a balanced approach to why Green zones should or should not be introduced where the proposed sites are, and we advocate that we as fishermen have the right to fish wherever, because nothing in the way of Scientific evidence suggests ( if you call a 20 year old research ligitimate)we are impacting the environment, and according to fisheries, our level of activity is "sustainable."

Now, on the flip side, we are trying to prevent public knowledge of a place that may become impacted by too many people going there to fish it. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot here by actually admitting that fishing pressure could actually affect fish stocks within a small bay ecosystem? Should we be asking the EPA to move one of their proposed Green zones down, and a little to the left, or wherever the heck it is, so that everyone is happy?? Cross the floor? NEVER!!

Help me out here Dave/ Phil, it is a little confusing which horse we are backing. But whatever claims we are making to the press, we better make darn sure we have the Scientific evidence to back up our claims, not just a bunch of old salties from the Secret Fishos society who have caught breeder fish there before, or we are open for criticisms. I always thought Snapper are migratory fish anyhow, and not likely to hang around one place, especially when there is too much boat activity.

Scalem
    Last edited by Scalem; 11-04-2008 at 07:50 AM.

well after looking over the map i've concluded that there is plenty more to see on that map than one sink hole. your not wrong about the secrets revealed nugget, answers a few questions i had from various spot soundings i had that didn't quite match up with the chartplotter info i had.
    Cheers Roo.