Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mud Island secret

Re: Mud Island secret

G'day

If anyone can find it, do they mind posting a video link to the news story?

I've just had a quick search to no avail

Dave

It was only teaser headlines tonight, from what I saw. They were advertising the full story for tomorrow nights news (Ten news at 5.00pm).

Cheers

Dave

No suck a place exists, its a april fools day joke.
    regards

Would this hole be what the trawlers used to call the greasy hole where they netted lasrge bags of greasy bay prawns?

Mike

Great! just what we don't need. Focus on Mud Island. I was happy that it has escaped the green zones.

I thought I had driven over every part of Mud and surounding areas, and not come across it. Satelight shots I have don't show it either. The small one on the north east in really close it the only thing that is anything like a hole that I have found. Must be a few K from the Island.

I would not be that worried about fishing it out. If it does get widely known, then yes there may be extra people that will give it a go, but then unless it continues to be a goldmine they will all go back to their usual marks and forget about it. We all have lots of marks for places that look good but do not bother going back to, so this may end up the same.

Cheech

Deep hole found in Moreton Bay

I saw on an ad for tonights news, that a large, extremly deep hole has been found in Moreton Bay. On the quick satalite pic they showed, it was just a large very black circle surrounded by blue water. It appeared to be not too far off Moreton Island. Do people know about this spot, or is it a new discovery? Too bad if it's your spot x, cause its gunna be on tonights news.

Re: Deep hole found in Moreton Bay

Ah sorry guys. Just saw the other thread about it in the general section.

Who is going to flog this secret spot ?????

fishermen???

With a bit of luck most people will be the same as me. I could fish the sink hole 24hrs a day seven days a week and still not get a feed. I do not see any point in making the location public knoledge.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    Ah sorry guys. Just saw the other thread about it in the general section.

mate i must be blind.... i can't seem to find that thread???? is it a new discovery??

Quote Originally Posted by gogetter View Post
    mate i must be blind.... i can't seem to find that thread???? is it a new discovery??
    mud island secret gogetter

well thats amazing ..... the hole is 24m deep but what is the diameter of this hole? whats the depth around it as that doesn't seem that deep. we have a hole up here in the whit that is 129m deep aprox 1km long and aprox 800m wide. we have a number of drop offs 30+

24m is about as deep as it gets in Morton Bay gogetter, and only in a a few places. Mostly it averages 6 to 10 metres off the banks.

Cheers

Dave

As has been said they have been around for a long time. I have dived some of these holes because there are more than 1 at Mud Island. There is also another sink hole in the bay nearby another island which is also a closely guarded secret, and I hope it stays that way.
    Cheers Treasureman