Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Hey Guys/Gals

Thought i would start an Aquarium thread, since alot of members have Aqauriums.

Pretty much just post pics of the tank and fishys and tell us what they are and where you got them and how long you have had them for.
    You can post pics of the fish you have had in the past to the present time.

So get posting!

i'll start.

The first pics are of my barramundi that i used to have, 59 and 67cm. Had them for bout 14 months, until they went to there nice new big home at underwater world. I got them at my work.

Second pics are of my Saratoga (jardini) his names TOGA! got him at 25cm now hes about 35-37cm, i also got him at my work last june.
    he is in a 6ft x 24inch x 28inch High Tank, almost 800L. there is also a 35cm spotted longfin eel in there somewhere under the gravel.

And the other pics are just my other tanks. the 3ft planted tank has got alot of juvinile fish, 1 archer 2 sand gobys 2 clown loaches 2 spangled gudgeons 2 bass 6 small scats 3 bream 2 bullrout 3 plecostumus (sailfin) 1 black lancer catfish 1 crazyfish (butis butis) and 2 10cm blue claw crayfish. i have collected these fish over a period of 6 months.

And theres a pic of my freshwater Sole/Flounder.

have previously owned, Silver perch,Seepy cod, Small sth american rams, most of the tropical fish (tetras,corys),crabs, peacock eels, elephant noses and more.
    im also getting 3 jungle perch next week!

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

just some more pics

nice fish mate
    I use to have a barra and it died at 44cm long a few weeks back and in the background off my tank you can see where the water from when the barra use to splash when eating and has wrecked the photos.
    Now i have 2 archer fish (5cm),1 aussie bass (12cm),1 eel tail cattie(15cm),7 barra (5cm),2 bristlenose (10cm) and another small catfish my tank is 4x18x24 and is still getting plants and logs and stuff for it.
    i couldn't get any good pics cause most fish are hiding
    Cheers BK

oww and here is a pic of my old barra at about 40cm
    Cheers BK

Awesome fish Cammy, you sure have an impressive collection.
    Heres my tank that I built a few years ago. Full of standard type fish...Cichlids clown loaches, bristle nose catties. Big piece of avacodo wood in there giving the water that tannun. Nothing terribly exciting. You can usually see a lot more fish, but when my naughty little princess approaches they duck for cover.
    Last edited by Little grey men; 07-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.

nice fish there mate! sorry about the barra a mate of mine and a member of this site just lost his 35cm one.

i also have a breeding pair of bristlenose. i cant wait til my fish get bigger, cause im getting a fish room where im gonna have 3 tnks,
    i have got in mind 2x 4ftx2ftx2ft and another 6ftx24x28 H. and thats where they will grow up

Cammo

sounds good mate
    One off my mates has 2 ten foot tanks one with 3 big bristlenose and 2 barra about 65cm lol
    And the other tank is his mums and it has 5 large oscars in it.

i love that stand LGM is so nice with the bamboo doors and the stain, seriously one of the best i have seen! i dont mind the tannun either, as i have tannun in one of my tanks, i recon it improves the look of the tank. Anyfish is good mate

thnx for posting

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 08-04-2008 at 12:49 PM.

nice big tanks there, 10 ft gee wouldnt mind one of them lol

Cammo

well ive got 7 tanks going at the moment,,, but ive got everything from goldfish ,fighting fish, angels,bristle nose catfish,whip tailed catfish, axolotils,loaches the list goes on but my favorites are my red tiger oscar and my barra,,, have had bass and sleepy cod ,murry cod with both the barra and oscar and they were food for them PIGS so now they both have there own tanks,heres a few piccys...cheers bdowdy..brett[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 24510

Attachment 24511

Attachment 24512

Attachment 24513

nice oscar man, i love his red markings. how big did the barra go?

Cammo

hi cammy the oscar ive had since it was 10cm now hes in the 30,s the barra was also about 10cm when i got him and is about 40 odd cm, love hand feeding both of these fellas,the trouble is the oscar bites and draws blood, the barra wets everything in site surface boofing.... ive had so many fish, im lucky as the wife works at a pet shop...next i want a sooty grunter, some archers, FISH are so relaxing and let you know when its time to go FISHING... CHEERS bdowdy..brett.P.S LOVE YOUR TOGA NICE FISH
    Last edited by bdowdy; 08-04-2008 at 08:36 AM.

These are some of my fish, I keep them in a 4ft tank.
    I am into south american cichlids, mainly concentrating on one family known as the eartheaters.
    I currently have 2x Satanoperca Leucosticta, 2x Geophagus Surninamensis, 3x Geophagus Rio Pindare, 2x Clown loaches, 1 X Sailfin Pleco, 1x silver shark, 3 x congo tetras and an empire gudgeon.
    Have had most of these fish for about 3 years, one of the clown loaches is around 7 years old.
    I don't have a picture of the tank on this computer, will post up at a later date if anybody is interested.
    I like fishing

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    hi cammy the oscar ive had since it was 10cm now hes in the 30,s the barra was also about 10cm when i got him and is about 40 odd cm, love hand feeding both of these fellas,the trouble is the oscar bites and draws blood, the barra wets everything in site surface boofing.... ive had so many fish, im lucky as the wife works at a pet shop...next i want a sooty grunter, some archers, FISH are so relaxing and let you know when its time to go FISHING... CHEERS bdowdy..brett.P.S LOVE YOUR TOGA NICE FISH
    nice sizes on those fish mate, barras are awsome to feed aye water everywhere. I used ot stick my finger in the tank just to stir the barras up when they were hungry, and they would absolutly smash my fingers! and engulf em down,
    luckily it doesnt hurt lol

which petshop does your wife work at?

sooty grunters, i had one of these planned for my next tank, but i decided not to as i wanted to get archers and bass and since the sooty cant really go in with any other fish i thought i would wait. But im still gonna get one later on down the track, also a coal grunter is another one of my favorite grunters!

that comment about fish making you ralaxed, is so TRUE.

Cammo

Love the barra in the tanks.
    Hoping to get one set up in the not too distant future.
    Can't go past a real nice marine tank without stopping for a look tho...........