Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Just some random shots of my tank, i have a couple of gouramis a big green severum and a eel tailed cat as well as a few othes floating around in there.

Hi Cammo
    I like the double tank best as well.
    You don't need alot of tools. I did all this with a jigsaw, hand saw a square, mitre saw and drill. Would of been a little easier with a drop saw but I still managed to get everything straight and square.

The first one was the hardest and i must admit the double one took a little working out as you need to make sure it can take the weight.

I will wait to see your work of art--- its not as hard as you think???

Ronnie

Poo is that a Jack Dempsey in fighting mood?

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie H View Post
    Hi Cammo
    I like the double tank best as well.
    You don't need alot of tools. I did all this with a jigsaw, hand saw a square, mitre saw and drill. Would of been a little easier with a drop saw but I still managed to get everything straight and square.

The first one was the hardest and i must admit the double one took a little working out as you need to make sure it can take the weight.

I will wait to see your work of art--- its not as hard as you think???

Ronnie

Yer mate i might get round to it in the future, too much stuff happening atm with school and work. And in the coming year i have to do tafe courses on buisness managment stuff, so i'll have to leave it a while.

Plus i dont even know where to start or how to go about it.

Also it looks like a neet to get more tools

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Poo is that a Jack Dempsey in fighting mood?

kev
    No Kev. Was definitely a male Texas Cichlid. I used to breed them from imported stocks to get the best quality out of the fry. I used to breed Jack Dempsies as well.

Here is a photo of a male Jack Dempsy. They are a different shape and get deferent colours and patterns.

Below are a couple of different Texas Cichlid shots, one being a poor quality one of an adult male and the other is while it is still juvenile.

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 27-04-2008 at 08:29 AM.

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

I am now 28 and have had native fish for as long as i can rembember, At one stage i had a fish room 4mt x 2mt in my shed with about 18 tanks in it. sadly to say they are all nearly gone. All i have left are 2, 5x2x2 tanks and 3, 2x18inx18in
    thanks. I had one tank inside the house that was 2x2x2.5 which was my display tank, but I have striped it down and put it into storage for a few years till my kids get a little older. Unfortunatly most of my photos are on film, But here are some of the fish i did have.

I still have a Barcoo Grunter in one 5 foot tank and he is about 30-35cm. I puchased him when he was about 8 cm and he loves live food when i can get them.In my other 5 foot is my jack. I will try to get some pics of him as he is the best fish of all he would be about 10-15 cm.

Opps sorry for the large pictures.
    I will resize them better next time.

wokii1 I too kept Australian and New Guinea Rainbowfish. Some of my favourite natives were the honey blue eyes, and the rhadinocentris ornatus rainbows which I am not even exist these days. Hopefully they are not extinct just yet. By the way I normally 700x500 or an average sixe of 120-140 KB when I upload them to a hosting site like photobucket.

Poodroo

Poodroo,
    I had a pond with a few hundred honey blue eyes in it. They used to breed like rabbits. Very lovely fish just alittle rare/threatened.But i no longer have that pond either and have given away most of them.I did keep a small number and moved them into a new pond but it seems i may have done that a bit soon as i can't seem to see any in it anymore . Rads are a very nice fish but getting real rare, I did have a few red one's but i find them very hard to keep. There are still a few spots you can get them but as wild numbers are small i wouldn't recommend it. I have had quite alot of different natives but love my jack the best. I also like bullrouts to , might have to go catch one one day soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wokii1 View Post
    Poodroo,
    I had a pond with a few hundred honey blue eyes in it. They used to breed like rabbits. Very lovely fish just alittle rare/threatened.But i no longer have that pond either and have given away most of them.I did keep a small number and moved them into a new pond but it seems i may have done that a bit soon as i can't seem to see any in it anymore . Rads are a very nice fish but getting real rare, I did have a few red one's but i find them very hard to keep. There are still a few spots you can get them but as wild numbers are small i wouldn't recommend it. I have had quite alot of different natives but love my jack the best. I also like bullrouts to , might have to go catch one one day soon.
    Rhads are gorgeous and yes I used to have the red ones as well. Shame they are so rare and endangered. The secret to keeping them was to have the softest water possible and add a product called "Blackwater Extract" to the water which introduced some natural tannins and also helped soften the water. The product was available through the company "Sera" and available in most leading retailers. Honey blue eyes also thrived on that product and it often induced spawning activity when added to the water. Only downside was that it tended to make the water a little tannic in colour but that is close to the colour they live in naturally anyhow.

Cheers,

Poodroo

its good to see we all have experience with native fish, a sthey are the best fish out there.

i have a mate that absolutly loves rainbows his moto is

" A real fish keeper keeps rainbows"

luckily i keep rainbows but only a couple of crimson spots, so i dont get hassled of course

i have 3 rainbow favorites,

Salmon red/Incisus,
    Bosemani/boseman's rainbow,
    Melanotaenia praecox,

i recon all these fish are stunning, along with some others.

here are some pics.

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 29-04-2008 at 10:30 PM.

anyone have some very large natives out there , like a massive sooty or yella?
    or any kind of huge fish?

Cammo

Sorry but no photos have had a series of barra up to about 50cm and now have a cod of around 10cm with some mullet as well

nice man tehy will be monsters in no time!, specially the cod!.

im gonna take some more pics and post them tmro, of some crabs and stuff i got last week and clown plecos.

Cammo

ok i got some more pics, and better pics of the fish i already have, but mayaswell show them.

The first pic is of male / female crabs.

The 5th pic is 1 of my 2 clown pleco's, very cool plecs.

The second last pic is of my bass and on the right is the peacful gilbert's grunter, they only grow to 10-12 cm and will fit perfectly in any aquarium, unless you have baby fish

Just to identify the third pic it is of a Oxyleotoris Gryonoides , a third species of sleepy cod. It has nice red eyes and red streaks through it's fins, but the pic is real crap so you cant really see the colour.

and you guys can gues sthe others

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 09-05-2008 at 07:14 PM.