Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Jeff, I know they're surface feeders but, I reckon you'll wake up one morning and that little fishy down the bottom will be gone.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

i was wandering when you would see this thread lol.

yay i get to see pics of your toga and setup, very nice man, your togas gonna have very nice red colouring, just by looking at the pic of it at such a young age they are already a vivid red. Nice mate!

i just got some bass aswell, i got 2 but one was sick so hes in the med tank.

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Hi,

We have a few marine fish which has been going good for 18 months now. we do / did have Nemo, Marlin and Dory - there's a few however's;

1) Dory grew too large too quick so we swapped her for an Dwarf Angel who's stayed smallish and settled in..

2) Nemo and Marlin had kids, or keep having kids (none have survived) although to ensure my Son grows up normal, as Nemo and Marlin are depicted as father and son we actually have Nemo and his Wife....

3) Nemo and Marlin have become protective of their environment so bite me when I clean the tank. I just wish their friends in the bay would bite my bl--dy lines....
    Last edited by Rob128; 09-04-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Gidday Thanks for the kind words, The tank isnt as grubby as it looks, I'll have too give it a clean and have a sit down with the camera one night,

I'm not sure how old the jack is, Ive had him for about a year now, And he was 6-8 months old when we got him, Same with sara the saratoga,

They were brought up together when they were under 2" long and in a 12foot tank, Aparently thats why they dont fight, I originaly just wanted the jack, But the chap i got them off wouldnt sell one with out the other because it was a 'first' for him too see them both together in the tank, I had a 6" mary river cod, But he didnt last the night,

They dont fight _much_ but sara is definatly the boss!! Untill live food is in the tank! If you dump 10 gold fish, Jack gets 9, 8 if he's slow!, EVIL! fish, Expencive 40 secounds! I've just started feeding them potty mullet and hardy heads! They love them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    Gidday Thanks for the kind words, The tank isnt as grubby as it looks, I'll have too give it a clean and have a sit down with the camera one night,

I'm not sure how old the jack is, Ive had him for about a year now, And he was 6-8 months old when we got him, Same with sara the saratoga,

They were brought up together when they were under 2" long and in a 12foot tank, Aparently thats why they dont fight, I originaly just wanted the jack, But the chap i got them off wouldnt sell one with out the other because it was a 'first' for him too see them both together in the tank, I had a 6" mary river cod, But he didnt last the night,

They dont fight _much_ but sara is definatly the boss!! Untill live food is in the tank! If you dump 10 gold fish, Jack gets 9, 8 if he's slow!, EVIL! fish, Expencive 40 secounds! I've just started feeding them potty mullet and hardy heads! They love them!!!
    very interesting, so teh guy you got them off already had them in together from a juvinile stage?

Saratoga Jardini's are the meanest fish out of the Saratoga's and Arowana, they are always the bada$$ of the tank doesnt matter which tank mates you have, and having a Jar in with the jack just confirms my point.

very interesting mix, what tank do you have planned for the future?

Cammo

Yeah its bad when t hey 'fight' is when the jack try's too stand his ground, He's much quicker then the toga!,
    Yeah, The guy i got them off had them together since day dot, in a huge 12ft tank! Was impressive

Aparently they killed everything else in the tank bar the gibbi pleco's,

Im not sure about future tanks, Ive had american cichlids, a big barra, Then *HEAPS* of africans in a very nice setup, These are easy and fun, I'm not sick of them yet, The jack is like a dog, He comes upto the glass when you talk too him!, I'm not sure what i'll do if they out grow the 6x2.5x2,

Quote Originally Posted by cammy View Post
    Saratoga Jardini's are the meanest fish out of the Saratoga's and Arowana, they are always the bada$$ of the tank doesnt matter which tank mates you have, and having a Jar in with the jack just confirms my point.
    Cammo
    Kinda,
    They are bada$$ in the respect that the toga picks on the jack, But add feeder fish and the jack is the one that makes the water boil,

If the house was on fire an i could only take 1 fish with me i'd take the jack!

hmm well nice stocking you got there, certainly one of a kind.

Well for the future of my toga im gonna get a 5x5x2 oct tank (hopefully), mabye you could consider doing the same? or you can just sell em to underwater world lol im sure they would take em.

Cammo

Hurm I'm renting! 5x5x2 !!! Hate too move it!!!

My tank is from underwater world, I got my barra from there too!

really so they sell fish aswell? which part did u get ur barra from?

Cammo

Someone gave them the barra because it outgrew there tank, They didnt want it, was about 20cm long, Not big enough too put into the 'big barra' pond! Have you seen the size of them badboys!!

Ive got a long term family friend that has worked there for the last 13? years,

oh ok, i was getting worryed cause i put my barras there and i was like arggg there gonna sell em!, but its all good now ive calmed down lol. They should be able to hold there own i think, they were a bit bigger than the ones in the little billabong.

And yer theres some big brutes in there aye, i swear they have a 6ft one or bigger in there , but she always hides up the back!

would that family friend be Clint?

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 09-04-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtin View Post
    Jeff, I know they're surface feeders but, I reckon you'll wake up one morning and that little fishy down the bottom will be gone.

kev
    Yeah Kev I know

The tank looked too bare when sara was small, so put in creek natives to crowd it up a bit. I expect them to get eaten

One of the highlights of my day is when I get up in the morning and count the small fish!
    I get excited when there's one missing!!!!!

Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Yeah Kev I know

The tank looked too bare when sara was small, so put in creek natives to crowd it up a bit. I expect them to get eaten

One of the highlights of my day is when I get up in the morning and count the small fish!
    I get excited when there's one missing!!!!!

Jeff.
    LOL thats great to know

yea i loved feeding my bara basicly anything that ebtered the tak was eaten.
    i realy loved how he would see a gudgeon and sit there and lock onto it, fin was up and his pectoral fins used to flap like crazy then as asoon as the gudgeon moved WHAKK it was goone.
    "True Blue"

Last one, my dwarf zebra lion. Had him for about 5-6 years since he was a tiny 1 inch baby.