Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

i had a marine tank for years, but sold it recently. i will get a bigger one again one day. use to have heaps coral and lots of different fish over the years.

This was taken a few years back now when I had Barra in a 6ft tank in the lounge.
    They both felt the other was something to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by snagking View Post
    Does anyone have a pet flattie?
    THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
    Yeah i had a pet flatty for a while, He didnt eat much but was cool to see him blend into the gravell and swim around
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by o bag View Post
    good thread cammy, my brother and i converted a sole, it was great until he swam up the side of the tank and my barra had bit off half his face....
    Poor Sole lol, im getting 2 sole next thursday, i am also breeding desert gobies

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

a few pics out of some of my marine tanks

Woah Jack, they are absolutely awesome! Love the Clowns and little ray too, what do you feed them?

Tom

The first pics are of a tank in a house I was doing some work in,it was impressive,divided the indoor pool from the gym.the other ones are my little tank,nothing flash there.
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

4x2x2 containg:

1 angel
    7 clown loach to 6"
    1 Pearl Gourami
    1 Brasiliensis
    1 green terror
    1 parrot cichlid
    1 keyhole
    1 geophagus (unknown) aquidens?

72"x24"x28" and fluval FX5 arriving soon thanks to that nice Mr Krudd and his bonus. It'll be a south American species tank...........cats and cichlids.

Anyone got a fluval FX5 filter? I can see that I may have a spot of bother getting the hose clips over the tie bars.

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Can't quite see it properly Kev but it looks almost like you have a Festae Chichlid. What are you going to do when the Rivulatus (Green terror) starts to rip all his tank mates to pieces as he grows? Is it a gold saum or white saum? Pretty fish regardless.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

I know one thing..the price of fish is ludicrous these days.
    Have been having a look after losing my red devil..not sure what to get but hell..they sure don't miss ya.

Yer everythings going up, really blows. But its worth it i reckon, when you have a nicely setup tank with a different assortment of fish or a species tank they can look amazing!

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Can't quite see it properly Kev but it looks almost like you have a Festae Chichlid. What are you going to do when the Rivulatus (Green terror) starts to rip all his tank mates to pieces as he grows? Is it a gold saum or white saum? Pretty fish regardless.

Poodroo
    It's a gold saum Andrew. No, no festae, although I will be getting one.

I was sold the aquidens as aquidens geophagus. Knowing that they are two different species, and being out of the trade for a while, I thought, "ah well, perhaps they've hybridised them". I kept my gob shut and bought it just to see what it grows into..............it looked like the assistant would burts into tears if I asked anymore questions

I's definately an earth mover species and it's beginning to look like a geophagus altamira and it can sure shift some gravel, even at that small size.

The boss is the parrot which is nicely coloured up already and the green terror even gets chased by the keyhole which is half his size. No doubt that will change when he gets bigger.

I'm trying to keep only those who tolerate higher temps as I lost the lot other than the clown loach who love heat, in the heatwave of 2000 (I think it was). The oldest loach is now 12 and shows no signs of ageing.

The tank is run at 28d and the overall boss was a 5" yellowbelly (who also seemed to like the high temp. I've had to remove him and put him in the pond where he's now doing a good job of keeping the baby goldfish numbers down

Things are coming back to me now I've got a re-awakened interest so I'll start another thread re snapper bumps.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

For those that may be interested..........a review on initial impressions.

Whilst researching canister filters and settling for the fluval fx5 for the 6ft tank, I noticed that there were quite a few favourable comments regarding the "buy" Australian made, (pm me for name so that I am not seen to be advertising). Although it only comes with a 1 yr warranty as opposed to fluval offering 3 and 6 yr warranties, the price (ebay....$119 for the 1500litre and more than half as cheap as that of a similar chinese made competitor), it had me really interested, particularly as it came with media so I thought I would treat myself to one for the 4x2x2 foot tank.

First impression: Only 48 hrs for delivery ($16). Only a piece of paper as instruction booklet. Needs a higher stand or lower shelf to fit under the tank. 4 baskets media supplied...........top basket coarse sponge, 2nd basket carbon......3rd basket ceramic rings.........lowest basket fine (polishing?) sponge. Bends on outlet to spray bar and intake bend could do with being a bit wider to negotiate tie bars, but with a bit of bending, they fit ok. Self priming by user operated mechanical pump. No tap on intake and output so that water would drain from these onto the floor when canister removed for cleaning...........solved this by buying in-line irrigation taps from bunnings and placing them in-line next to canister so only a small amount of water will leak. Canister seems sturdy enough and in operation is very quiet.

I removed the carbon and placed the bottom filter pad in the 2nd tray. used ceramic rock in the third, and added a few bio balls to the lower basket that now contained the ceramic rings.

I turned this on at 11am after stirring up the gravel to the point that I could hardly see the fish............by 3pm the tank was spotless

Anyone looking for a cheap Aussie made alternative to some of the foreign competitors which are nudging 4 times as much in price, may do well to check this filter out.

kev

Pics of the devil???

i sold my jack an saratoga a few months ago, an got a baby devil, He's (assuming its a he) has stacked on heaps of size. Living with a little convict and a sailfin pleco in my 6x2.5x2.5 tank.

we are in the process of moving house, so i didnt want too get expensive fish that maybe lost in the move, But im loving the red devil, I'm hoping he gets an epic bump head!! If not, i hope he's not too big too flush down the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I know one thing..the price of fish is ludicrous these days.
    Have been having a look after losing my red devil..not sure what to get but hell..they sure don't miss ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    Pics of the devil???

i sold my jack an saratoga a few months ago, an got a baby devil, He's (assuming its a he) has stacked on heaps of size. Living with a little convict and a sailfin pleco in my 6x2.5x2.5 tank.

we are in the process of moving house, so i didnt want too get expensive fish that maybe lost in the move, But im loving the red devil, I'm hoping he gets an epic bump head!! If not, i hope he's not too big too flush down the toilet
    Just trade it back on another devil instead of wasting it. The way to sex a devil that young is to look at the shape of its dorsal fin. If it is long and comes to a definite point you have a boy. If it is shorter and more rounded at the tip you have a girl. Plenty of people out there looking for girls so maybe a trade or swap is in order if it is female.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.