Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Cheers for the info guys!! that makes sense!! Will get the drill bit and a flat rock this weekend. Cammy the wood is only small and has no place to hide any rocks (also part of the reason I am having trouble sinking it . What are your thoughts on using aquarium glue to glue a flat rock to the bottom of the drift wood and then sinking it and covering it the rock with the gravel?

Do you think the rock will stick to the wood using this glue or does the surface need to be completely smooth and flat like glass to bind together?

Thanks again,

Mark

I think that would work, i havent tried it myself though. Just give the wood a rub over to get the algea/loose particles off, and i dont think it would need to be smooth, some types of glue need somthing to grab onto to secure it. You could do a demo on another piece of wood see how that goes?

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

I picked up a sooty grunter last thursday and put it in with ma toga, i also got a snakehead gudgeon and a large spangled gudgeon to go with them, very interesting

Cam

wow stonker of a fish there, when my baras get to big for my tank im thinking of getting a toga for it.
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Malcolm View Post
    Cheers for the info guys!! that makes sense!! Will get the drill bit and a flat rock this weekend. Cammy the wood is only small and has no place to hide any rocks (also part of the reason I am having trouble sinking it . What are your thoughts on using aquarium glue to glue a flat rock to the bottom of the drift wood and then sinking it and covering it the rock with the gravel?

Do you think the rock will stick to the wood using this glue or does the surface need to be completely smooth and flat like glass to bind together?

Thanks again,

Mark
    The reason I tie the driftwood to the flat rock is that once the driftwood has soaked up the water and capable of sinking on its own I can then just separate it from the rock simply by cutting the fishing line. Attaching the driftwood to the rock using a non toxic silicone would work but then you will have silicone stuck to your prize bit of driftwood which might be hard to remove entirely.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    The reason I tie the driftwood to the flat rock is that once the driftwood has soaked up the water and capable of sinking on its own I can then just separate it from the rock simply by cutting the fishing line. Attaching the driftwood to the rock using a non toxic silicone would work but then you will have silicone stuck to your prize bit of driftwood which might be hard to remove entirely.

Poodroo
    Ah of course, Thanks heaps Poodroo and Cammy for all your help

Cheers,

Mark

Some great setups so far.
    Dont know why I never seen this post cause strangely enuff I would have posted too.

Anyway http://rainbowrunner.ausfish.com.au is where my aquarium pics are at.

We caught a snowflake eel a few weeks ago on the sunshine coast and he is going great, see video. Only have 2 tanks set up at the monent, oh and a pond
    A 4ft with local native rainbowfish, gudgeons, glass perchlets, speckled hardieheads and australian smelts.
    The eel is in the 2ft tank atm but i will soon convert the 4ft tank to marine just for the eel. It also has damsels blennys hermitcrabs starfish seaurchin and shrimp all caught from rock pools up the coast. We also chase fish snorkelling at tangalooma.
    I have refused to buy fish anymore for a long time cause its more fun catching them.

Eel

Barracod

If anyone wants tips to setup a home live bait tank I have a very simple and cheap solution.
    I used to work for the Gladstone Area Water Board in the fish hatchery that stocks Lake Awoonga. You should see the Jack they have for breeding
    I also had a tank setup on a trailer with a pump for doing saltwater changes and marine tank maintenance when Ilived in Gladstone.
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

A few pics off my webpage.
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

The only other thing I need is a chiller so I can start adding live coral, but I am very happy with progress so far having converted to salt recently.

Scalem

Does anyone have a pet flattie?
    THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

i had a pet flatttie for a while there... rather boring even at feeding time.. it was rather uneventfull

I recently setup a mini saltwater tank, all i gotta do is add fish, im thinking little nemo's and some gobies, caus ethe tanks only really small.

Great lookin fish Guys, I thought no one liked this thread lol

Cam

Here's two of my fish
    Barramundi

Saratoga Leichardti

good thread cammy, my brother and i converted a sole, it was great until he swam up the side of the tank and my barra had bit off half his face....