Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

its the one on kingston RD, Kingston. pretty sure its pets paradise, (i get confused, as there are a few pet shops in the area). great range, prices and service!, and and Ausfish member works there!!!!!

its right opposite the big skate park in between compton Rd and wembly Rd. and yes, they have a good range of marine stock!
    " Sea 'n' Things " 420 Quintrex-Suzuki 30

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH and DRY View Post

hey andrew,

nice to meet you the other day down at the shop. I used to go in there just to look at the jack!!!!

All the feeders i got off you are now gone and my 2 moses perch couldn't be happier! I will have to post up some pics of my setup when i get a chance, as its my first 'proper' fishtank, and ive jumped straight into a saltwater setup. all seems to be goin great, although the fish occasionaly show some white blotches, more so after i have spooked them (water change and clean). They go really larthargic and won't eat, but then bounce back an hour or so later! for the most part, though, all is good!!!

pete!
    Was good to meet you Pete. Glad to see that you are having success with your aquariums and I am sure I will see you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Braddles View Post
    Which pet store mate / where abouts? Do you have marines there?

Regards,

Brad.
    The store is Pet Country on Kingston road at Slacks Creek. We have a reasonable range of marines which varies depending on shipments and what we sell in between.

Cheers,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Im always tempted with going a marine setup, but i must resist as i have too many tanks already and mum gets the sh!ts.

But they really are nice the marines.

Cammy
    If you have a reasonable canister filter Cammy, go for it as I did. My old MArathon 200 is due for retirement and I don't trust it, but all my Damsels are doing well. I have 1 x domino, 3 clowns, 1 x chromis, 3x humbugs, 2 snails and one hermit crab. The only other thing I did was get an internal filter (about 50 bucks)with a strong power head which creates one hell of a current for the fish, but they love it! I am told that marine tanks do well with heaps of water movement, supports strong bacterial colonies. One day I'll get serious and buy a protein skimmer and some testing equipment/ chemicals. At the moment I have NFI what ammonia or Nitrate levels I have, but I do regular partial water changes making sure the salt level is right, and thats all I do. Tank has been going great guns for about 3 years since the conversion.

Scalem

hmmm you got me thinking..... if i ever gor rid of my current fish or suddenly have all my fish die i will make it into a marine setup. I simply cant do it right now i love my fishys too much lol. But i will certainly own a marine setup in the future!
    And i need to do more researching about marine setups and stuff.

Thnx for Sharing your knowledge

Cammy
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Its Finished!

Some pic of the process of changing tanks and the finished product. I need alot more plants so im working on that .

Jungle Perch Ahoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ausfishers,

I picked up my jungle perch tonight and are happily swimming in my tank . they love being in the schools, i have 3 atm but i might get more when the supplier grows em bigger

Dodgy pics as most of you woulda figured, also i had to increase the oxygen in the tank so there are heaps of bubbles whirling around and its annoying, im gonna get proper airation on thursday, also the water has tannen in it.

Enjoy

cammy! Paint the back glass (on the outside) of your tank!

Matt black or blue!, Would look heaps better!

I got given a barra yesterday, I'll take a pic an post it up, He's a bit batterd, Jack gave him a workout last night

sorry for the crap pics, my camera hates the fishtank,

nice toga and jack,,,, my barra just died so ive just bought 2 more,also want to get some archers.cheers bdowdy..brett

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    cammy! Paint the back glass (on the outside) of your tank!

Matt black or blue!, Would look heaps better!

I got given a barra yesterday, I'll take a pic an post it up, He's a bit batterd, Jack gave him a workout last night
    Yer man i was thinking of doing that but i decided not to for some reason, i might paint it in the future. My 800l tank has a piece of thin ply wood stuck to the back of it and its painted black. Gives the fish a shine and looks better, but hey i will fix the 3 ft up a bit more soon.

bdowds how did ya barra die?

Cam

hi cammy i wrote about him having ulcers on his face so i treated the tank for worms and cleaned it out ,,,well next thing i know hewas bobbing on top,,,like his swim bladder was stuffed or something he could swim down but bobbed back to the top and sat in one corner for aweek, wouldnt eat, tryed deflating the bladder, that didnt work then found him dead the other day...NOT HAPPY AS HE WAS 54CM AND MY 2 NEW ONES ARE ONLY 7CM.....CHEERS BDOWDY..BRETT

Ahh i remember that problem, that really sucks for ya man losing a big nice fish like that, RIP.

And great fish there paradoxx, do they all get along comfortably?

Cam

Hi Guys,

This is my "Beginner Aquarium" that has been helping me get ready for my 5 foot tank set up. It is pretty basic and runs well and has a healthy Mono Argentus that doesn't seem to mind his surroundings.

My question is ... I am trying to put in a small piece of driftwood (picture below) into the tank as so the Mono has more than the heater to hide from the light and so he feels more at home. When I put the mangrove wood into the tank .... whatdya know it floats... sooo what do I need to do... water log it... a week goes by and after being weighted down she still floats.

Hmmm ... now I have looked into it more and weighted it down in a pot of boiling water for hours as to open up the pores of the wood and release any hidden air bubbles.... lots of tannens released but she still "Just" floats.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to weight down my drift wood successfully?

Thanks heaps.

Cheers,

Mark

When i need to sink my driftwood, i usually chuck some rocks in the wood if there room for rocks to go, like i got a hollowed out piece of wood and i chucked my chemicals in there to weigh it down lol and now im just gonna leave it in there cause its somewhere to store my matrix. Other then that i have just soaked it, havent had one that didnt soak for that long, it is a bit of a bugger though !....

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Malcolm View Post
    Hi Guys,

This is my "Beginner Aquarium" that has been helping me get ready for my 5 foot tank set up. It is pretty basic and runs well and has a healthy Mono Argentus that doesn't seem to mind his surroundings.

My question is ... I am trying to put in a small piece of driftwood (picture below) into the tank as so the Mono has more than the heater to hide from the light and so he feels more at home. When I put the mangrove wood into the tank .... whatdya know it floats... sooo what do I need to do... water log it... a week goes by and after being weighted down she still floats.

Hmmm ... now I have looked into it more and weighted it down in a pot of boiling water for hours as to open up the pores of the wood and release any hidden air bubbles.... lots of tannens released but she still "Just" floats.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to weight down my drift wood successfully?

Thanks heaps.

Cheers,

Mark
    When doing displays using driftwood that hasn't been used before I do something similar to Cammy but I use a large piece of flat rock or slate. I drill a few holes in the rock and secure it to the bottom of the driftwood tying it on with fishing line which is hard to see in the water. I then sink it into the tank and cover the flat rock or slate with the gravel so that the base is out of sight revealing only the driftwood. Works a treat and looks good. Next time I do one I will try and remember to take some photos of it before and after.

Cheers,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.