Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Nice mix of fish there mate!, how do they all get along? do the barbs fight at all?
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Nice mix of fish there mate!, how do they all get along? do the barbs

fight at all?
    Hi Cammy

The barbs are probably the most aggressive fish in the tank... they have established a pecking order and there is a few barbs I have nick-named "Helicopter" due to there fins being half eaten off.

originally there were 15 barbs; 3-4 of the albino barbs are now dead + a couple are in bad shape...because there are so many barbs they mostly chase each other around and leave the rest of there tank mates alone..

all the other fish are very friendly and they all get along great.. because the loaches have the strangest sleeping habbits they are probably my favourate... i thought one was dead when i first saw it...

pic from google of a sleeping clown loach:

lol yer mate, first time i saw that happen with one of mine i was liek fretting!

might need to stock up on barbs soon??

Cammo

Makes me angry when my clowns do that. Idiot fish.

Hey peeps,

Im getting my new tank on tuesday so im gonna take heaps of pics.
    Also to let you know there are some scats for sale, cheap as.

Cammo

I built a 5 foot tank from 8mm laminated glass left over at a building site I worked on. I originally filled it with salt water which I bucketed from the Wellington Point. 500+ litres was 5 trips with 5 x 20litre buckets a trip. I also made the mistake of using sand from Wellington Point which is also full of the Redlands area red dirt. An over the lip protein skimmer completed my budget set-up. I used to keep fish which I caught around Peel Island in it with limited success. The longest lasting tenants were a little sand crab which lasted long enough to change it'e shell twice and a little morwong which lasted a bit more then a year. It is now a conventional tank with mostly tetras but the kids (now all grown) got some good education in our local fish habits while it was a marine tank

Matho

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Not the greatest of photos but at least you can pick the difference between them.
    Yours is hard to identify in your photos but I am tending to think it is a Leichardti after all. It just had me fooled because the colouration was darker in the photos.

Leichardti Saratoga

Jardini Saratoga

Poodroo
    Thanks for that Andrew, definitely a Lei. Cheers.

Ok nothing exciting for you guys, but for me it is . Some pics of the new tank and stand, the stand is halfway being varnished cause i ran out, just to remind you this tank is 3x2x2.

I need to finish varnishing tmro arvo, go fishing at 4 come home at like 7 or 8 and put the tank on the stand,start draining the previous 3 ft to the new one, half fill the new tank, move the old 3ft out of the way and put my new 3ft in its place and then, Get the gravel,plants, ornaments and the fish and put them in the new tank, completly drain old tank into new tank, top up new tank with new water. Go to sleep, get up go to work until 8, come home wash out old tank so i can put my lizards in it, go to sleep. Get up clean old tank even more, and move it into my room, but i have to clean my room before i do that, so clean room then move tank in. Finally i will be done, but with mum sick in bed with a really nasty flu, and since i only have one parent i am limited to where i can go, so i probs wont even go fishing tmro. So it could set back this whole process, and that will be bad because mum is holding a jewllery party on saturday, and im converting my tank and stuff in the main room where she is holding it, so i gotta have it all done so she can have a party. So im on a time limit thing lol

And if you couldnt tell im really bloody bored!!!! so i decided to tell you my plan

Theres just some shots of me toga and bullrouts and stuff. Yes i still have the old crappy camera

Here is my new(ish) Marine Nano Tank.

(Sorry about the pic quality - they were taken with my phone's camera).

Every day I discover new marine life, such as star fish, baby sea cucumbers and erchins, baby yellow coral goby etc. I love it!

I think I may have double posted some pics sorry - not really sure what I am doing lol...

Some may be of my fresh water tanks too.

WOW! nice lookin marine tank there mate :O.

Spectacular!

Cammy

Cheers mate :-) It is an awesome hobbie. Marine fish really are so smart with individual personalities....

Im always tempted with going a marine setup, but i must resist as i have too many tanks already and mum gets the sh!ts.

But they really are nice the marines.

Cammy

I am now in week 3 working in my new job in the Aquarium and Pet store and totally loving it. I have grown to love the resident Mangrove Jack. 10 whitebait? No worries.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

I am now in week 3 working in my new job in the Aquarium and Pet store and totally loving it. I have grown to love the resident Mangrove Jack. 10 whitebait? No worries.

Poodroo

hey andrew,

nice to meet you the other day down at the shop. I used to go in there just to look at the jack!!!!

All the feeders i got off you are now gone and my 2 moses perch couldn't be happier! I will have to post up some pics of my setup when i get a chance, as its my first 'proper' fishtank, and ive jumped straight into a saltwater setup. all seems to be goin great, although the fish occasionaly show some white blotches, more so after i have spooked them (water change and clean). They go really larthargic and won't eat, but then bounce back an hour or so later! for the most part, though, all is good!!!

pete!
    " Sea 'n' Things " 420 Quintrex-Suzuki 30

Poodroo

Which pet store mate / where abouts? Do you have marines there?

Regards,

Brad.