Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

hey loophole mines about40 to50cm and gets a varied diet of goldys ,and frozen foods.cheers bdowdy..brett

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    thanks cammy yeh not sure but will do some water changes more often, and do some treatments,,, how often would you feed a barra,as mine could eat all day but only gets fed once aday or every second,cheers bdowdy,,brett
    I used to feed my barras every 2nd or 3rd day, to stop them from growing, they were about the same size as your guy! i fed them 2 pillies each, as the fish stay in there gut for bout 1 1/2 days, as i found out one day by accident . so i wasnt really starving them.

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Here's an updated pic of my Toga. She's, (actually I don't know if it's male or female, how can you tell?) about 180mm long now and powering along.
    Very flighty at times but you get that with the liechardti!

Also have a silver perch in with her which I bought as a fingerling being told it was a bass. Oh well, I don't mind the silvers.

Cheers, Jeff.

nice toga jeff,cheers bdowdy..brett

Awsome lei you got there,

I was told that you cant tell the sex of a saratoga until it reaches about 5 years old, and apparently you have to probe it like snakes. I asked the same question on another forum and got this answer.

Cammo

beautiful saratoga geoff.
    growing up nicely
    Cheers
    BreamBuster33

jsut some shots of loophole's 4ft tank with plants in it. It got stocked the other day, he has bream bass and scats in it atm, all from his 6ft tank. He will have better pics tomorrow hopefully!

cheers cammy i will get some beter pics tomoro
    "True Blue"

Here are the other pics,

Also some pics of reece's new car WHAT A BEAST!!!!

Cammo

Nice tank mate its just like mine

Quote Originally Posted by whiting-wizard View Post
    Nice tank mate its just like mine
    Yeah ive had that tank and stand and everything for about 8 years now, ive set it up in my room with bream and bass in it i love watching the bream eat the lil feeders i put in.
    "True Blue"

Nice yeah ive got mine in my room to.
    I love watching the barra swimming around while im lying in bed

Jeff are you sure you have a Liechardti Saratoga? In the photos I am thinking it looks more like a Jardini but it is hard to tell in the photos. Could tell for sure in a split second if I saw it in person but it does look darker and more like a Jardini saratoga to me which is not necessarily a bad thing, I reckon they are nicer personally.

Cammy when I get back into the industry (officially start Monday 23rd) I am planning to set up a 3foot planted aquarium but doing it sparing no expenses. Will be running substrate fertilizers, CO2, liquid fertilizers, either metal hallide or mercury vapour lighting etc etc. Will eventually send some photos of it when it happens.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

I know its not a fish, but there is more to aquariums than fish......

Another pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodroo View Post
    Jeff are you sure you have a Liechardti Saratoga? In the photos I am thinking it looks more like a Jardini but it is hard to tell in the photos. Could tell for sure in a split second if I saw it in person but it does look darker and more like a Jardini saratoga to me which is not necessarily a bad thing, I reckon they are nicer personally.

Cammy when I get back into the industry (officially start Monday 23rd) I am planning to set up a 3foot planted aquarium but doing it sparing no expenses. Will be running substrate fertilizers, CO2, liquid fertilizers, either metal hallide or mercury vapour lighting etc etc. Will eventually send some photos of it when it happens.

Poodroo
    Mate thats gonna be one stunning tank not to mention your gonna have top of the Range in Acc all you need is the ultimate display fish - Discus with Cardinal Tetras and about 10 Peppermint Bristlenose! that would be my selection in tropicals anyway, haha.

Cammo