Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Congratulations Poodroo.

Sometimes you have to put your foot down on lifestyle issues etc and back yourself, and it can really pay off!.

Cheers

Dave

Awesome Poodroo!!! You gota be lucky sometimes bet the Pajero will thank you for the change

Cammy and Poodroo, when you guys get a chance could you send me a quote on a 6x2x2 tank and a 6x2x3high with stand no hood no filters please? I have been itching to get a nice 6 foota for ages now!! May not be able to do the deal for awhile though but would be nice to see how much I will need to spend.

cheers
    Brandon...

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
    Awesome Poodroo!!! You gota be lucky sometimes bet the Pajero will thank you for the change

Cammy and Poodroo, when you guys get a chance could you send me a quote on a 6x2x2 tank and a 6x2x3high with stand no hood no filters please? I have been itching to get a nice 6 foota for ages now!! May not be able to do the deal for awhile though but would be nice to see how much I will need to spend.

cheers
    Brandon...
    The Pajero will probably die of shock I should think.

I don't start the new job for a couple of weeks yet but what I do know is that firstly a tank that is 3 foot deep will need to be made on at least 1/2 inch glass. Secondly my suggestion would be to make the stand as low down as possible just so that you won't need a ladder to stand on when you have to clean inside the tank. If you don't have a quote by the time I get back into the industry let me know and I will chase it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Congratulations Poodroo.

Sometimes you have to put your foot down on lifestyle issues etc and back yourself, and it can really pay off!.
    Thanks Dave. I guess bottom line is if you you have to look after your own interests and the family. It was time for me to move on.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers,

Poodroo
    Last edited by Poodroo; 06-06-2008 at 04:43 PM.

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Poodroo mate sounds awesome that ur getting back in the industry.
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Poodroo mate sounds awesome that ur getting back in the industry.
    One thing loophole that I always thought about this job in the past. It was never work as such but rather playing with a hobby and getting paid for it. The best thing is that this company originally was financially going broke and with my sales and management background I was asked if I could help join them and save the business. It went from a $1000 per week failing business to a very comfortable $40,000+ per week business in the 5 years I was with them. The fact that it grew so well with my help has made them want me back at almost any price so I am happy to go and play with the hobby again for double to what I was earning the first time. Works for me just fine.
    Sorry if I have hijacked the thread a little. Keep sending in your aquarium photos people. I may have some myself in the near future.

Poodroo

Used to own an aquarium shop about 25 years ago (don't miss that either)..now only have one 5' tank with one red devil in it...actually the son's but he left home and the bloody fish stayed.

hey brandon,

i have a mate that works at this shop, and it is a wholesale tank shop. It is usually much cheaper than actual petshops/aquarium stores.

http://www.aquariumsrus.com.au/

I have bought tanks form here and i am satisfied. You can call them and make custom orders for stands,tanks,hoods all the like, any size or shape. Hope it helps.

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Congrats Poodroo!

"It was never work as such but rather playing with a hobby and getting paid for it."

Thats pretty much how i look at my job aswell !!.

hope to see some pics soon Poodroo!

Cammo

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Congrats Poodroo!

"It was never work as such but rather playing with a hobby and getting paid for it."

Thats pretty much how i look at my job aswell !!.

hope to see some pics soon Poodroo!

Cammo
    You most likely will because I have been toying with the idea of setting up a display aquarium again with lots of cardinal tetras, aquatic plants, running with all the good gear like CO2 injection and fertiizers etc. Can't wait.

Poodroo

hey there guys havent been on for ages just moved house ive just had a 8x2'6x2'6 tank built buy aquariums rus the tank and stand are great quality ive got a
    coal grunter 25cm
    5 peacock bass 25-35cm
    3 plecos25-45cm
    eetail catty 40cm
    3archer fish
    2featherfin cattys

sorry no pics yet its only just set up the whole system (tank,sump,refugium) holds 1650 litres

i have a 6x2x2 tank only $200 if anyones interested

cheers NOjacks

Coaly! i love those little guys, im trying to find one atm but they r too little and too pricey. but i found some sooty grunters for very very cheap, so im getting 2 of those to put my red scat into place!

Aslo nice tank there mate, something i would love to have!!!

Cammo

Quote Originally Posted by NOjacks View Post
    hey there guys havent been on for ages just moved house ive just had a 8x2'6x2'6 tank built buy aquariums rus the tank and stand are great quality ive got a
    coal grunter 25cm
    5 peacock bass 25-35cm
    3 plecos25-45cm
    eetail catty 40cm
    3archer fish
    2featherfin cattys

sorry no pics yet its only just set up the whole system (tank,sump,refugium) holds 1650 litres

cheers NOjacks

Hey mate

Is the 6x2x2 tank just the tank or does it come with a stand?
    Or anything else

cheers
    ww

Quote Originally Posted by NOjacks View Post
    coal grunter 25cm
    5 peacock bass 25-35cm
    3 plecos25-45cm
    eetail catty 40cm
    3archer fish
    2featherfin cattys

cheers NOjacks
    hey no jacks if u can send me a few pics i mite take it.
    "True Blue"

sorry boys no pics at the moment just getting internet working the tank is 10mm beveled edge glass there are a few scratches but in good nick i have a heep of clarence river pebbles for it as well and might sell the 2 aqua one cansters with it for an extra $175 i have a box of power heads heaters uv filters that i might be able to sell to set you up there is no stand or hood mob phone is 0407436648

NOjacks

The "For Sale" section must be buggered???

Poodroo