Thread: Houston Texas RodGathering....

Houston Texas RodGathering....

G'Day Everyone....
    Last Saturday,March29th,Texas had it first ever rodbuilder's gathering in Houston Texas...it was a long drive for me,700 miles round trip, but meeting new friends, made every mile, worthwhile....
    What orginally was a idea started on www.2coolfishing.com rodbuilding forum ,turned into reality, for us all....
    It was a day to view other rodbuilders works of art...marbling demo, weaving and a demo on snakeskin rod handles, oh, yes, I also brought the beercan handles !! LOL !!
    FTU in Houston, hosted the gathering...while it was not perfect, I am sure this is just a stepping stone for the next gathering...
    We presented Ron with a western cowboy hat,and we all signed it, as a momento for his rodbuilding room !!
    I got to meet my friend, Ron Walter and Mary Walter, from Edgerton Wisconsin...they drove 1200 miles to attend the gathering.....we also honored Ron by declaring him a Honorary Texan...!!
    I left Houston with new friends and new ideas...!! And...looking forward to the next gathering !!

MaryLou
    Last edited by txlady; 07-04-2008 at 03:42 AM.

Re: Houston Texas RodGathering....

Mary Lou, Just put the plate in the post, hopefully you will get it this time.
    Looks like you had some fun.

Myles

Sounds like a wonderful event.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself and that the public speaking gig wasn't so bad after all.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
    Mary Lou, Just put the plate in the post, hopefully you will get it this time.
    Looks like you had some fun.

Myles

Thank You Myles.....Yes, the rodgathering was fun....a few things need to be ironed out..but I feel we are on the right track...

ML

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful event.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself and that the public speaking gig wasn't so bad after all.
    Owen....
    I surely did enjoy myself......and the public speaking gig did go well... I was talking about something, I really enjoy...and I seen that the audience, was truly interested in what I had to say....
    Piece of Cake !!...

ML...

Mary Lou really sounds like everyone had a great time. It would be nice to get together with like minded people and sharing ideas.

Maybe you could arrange one over here for us, it would mean you would have to attend.
    cheers
    sandyd

Quote Originally Posted by sandyd View Post
    Mary Lou really sounds like everyone had a great time. It would be nice to get together with like minded people and sharing ideas.

Maybe you could arrange one over here for us, it would mean you would have to attend.

Oh Dear !! Break my arm !!....

ML