Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge Show me a bigger Queenfish

Re: Challenge Show me a bigger Queenfish

Chief1,

You reckon those queenies are monsters, you'll get yourself a dozen or more that big and bigger in winter if you follow my lead, average fish there in winter was 8kg, smallest about 6kg, biggest on popper was around 10.5kg, get ready for em.

Matt

Matt just wondering how long your fish was at 15kg or Flex yours at 20kg plus?. . Ive caught several over a meter one going 117cm but didnt weigh any(quick release and no lipgrippers at the time).I dont have a photo of it but I do have it on video.Pic of one of my queenies in my photo album.Great fish everyone!!!
    Mex

Mex,

The 15.5kg Queenie was 125cm to the fork, didn't measure total length.

Matt

Mate got this oe a couple of weeks back up at Hervey Bay on a 135 Roosta Popper. Was over 10kg and 120 odd cm.

Troy

Troy,

Well done!! That's a horse of a Queenie, you got him on a roosta popper, were you blooping the popper GT style or flat out retrieve. I'm interested cause i've never got a decent Queenie blooping a popper only ever skipping poppers fished flatout.

Did you get him blind casting or were fish working some bait.

Matt

some nice queenies
    bloody good work
    Cheers
    BreamBuster33

Thought i'd bring this one back to life with this monster one of my mates caught using a live snook. Fish was never weighed or measured. Approx weight or length nebody?? I'm guessing around 10-14kg..??

"holy sh!t, did you see that?"

in a recent fish and baot magazine, a collum by dan bowater showd a rather large 1 it could b bigger than urs westozdesertfisher
    scott

Here is one we caught blooping a popper for GTs - He must have been hungry....

Not the biggest but he sure put up a good fight considering the gear he was caught on.

hi fellows i caught this bloke on 15lb line at the mary river mouth river heads
    the buggers are awsome fighters
    cheers ged

We caught this one on a bait gig ,jiging for liveies wasn't that fun

Smile Re: Challenge Show me a bigger Queenfish

Not as big as yours but it went 12kg caught in 1770 around inner rock. Caught on 6kg rod on 12lb with a 40gram raider.

mate that's a beautiful fish. my best queenie was a massive 15cm's long! sorry no photo.. you probably all think I'm lying. a fish of that size wow. i should've got a photo!