Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I.B.D

I.B.D

big sigh>>>> Life is just not the same since I returned from fishing Awoonga & Monduran a couple of weeks ago .... I'm depressed & I feel that the spark has gone out of life ...
    As it turns out .... it looks like I've got a chronic case of I.B.D ( Impoundment Barra Disease) .... & it is apparently very difficult to cure!
    The only thing I can do ... Is take a couple of doses of Ausfish a day & concentrate on a regime of tackle purchases.

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction & how do you manage between fixes of trebles in the hand , dorsal spines in the body ....... & the aroma of barra on the hands ???

Yours truly .... Depressed (Nagg)
    PS ....... Me in happier times Attachment 24259

Re: I.B.D

Geez Nagg,

You got it bad, "reel" bad....

Maybe just keep in mind the ABT, and if you still wanted a partner, I am up for it and we will help give you a barra fix. You from the south, me from the north, and we will both get our hits/hookups!!!!

Haha all too funny.

Oh but I cannot wait till then, so I will go to Tinaroo tomorrow

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post
    Geez Nagg,

You got it bad, "reel" bad....

Maybe just keep in mind the ABT, and if you still wanted a partner, I am up for it and we will help give you a barra fix. You from the south, me from the north, and we will both get our hits/hookups!!!!

Haha all too funny.

Oh but I cannot wait till then, so I will go to Tinaroo tomorrow

Cheers
    Matt
    Matt ... Its horrible , I'm so far from the only cure!
    Definitely on the ABT ..... I actually sent off my membership yesterday!

Now if you like ..... & its probably a good idea ....... I might fly up to Cairns in the next few weeks for a couple of days ( you can help with my recuperation) .... & we can work out the best way to take on the Tour!
    how does that sound to you ?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

Now if you like ..... & its probably a good idea ....... I might fly up to Cairns in the next few weeks for a couple of days ( you can help with my recuperation) .... & we can work out the best way to take on the Tour!

Chris
    Chris. If you fly to Cairns, get a one way ticket, because you wont want to go back to sydney when you get there.!!! You really have the addiction bad now! There is no cure.

There are only 2 seasons IMHO. Barra season and football season. Altough they are beggining to overlap!!!

Cheers steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 04-04-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Chris,

May as well come up and see how you handle Tinaroo which, as we know up here, can be quite the demoralising dam , or to the other end of the "scale", show those big brutes the dam is well known for

Over a weekend is handy for work reasons, and I may be able to throw in an extra day here or there.

Let me know, but I will be sending you back south, as like Steve said, there is no cure, it's all just a short term fix

Cheers
    Matt

Chris
    Nagg the only thing too do is sell up and move to Queensland, Im thinking somewhere between Gin Gin and Gladstone would be the go, What do u think, Cheers Whitto PS The only downside is it takes about 20yrs before u can say your a QUEENSLANDER GO the Maroons
    Last edited by Whitto; 04-04-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post
    Chris,

May as well come up and see how you handle Tinaroo which, as we know up here, can be quite the demoralising dam , or to the other end of the "scale", show those big brutes the dam is well known for

Over a weekend is handy for work reasons, and I may be able to throw in an extra day here or there.

Let me know, but I will be sending you back south, as like Steve said, there is no cure, it's all just a short term fix

Cheers
    Matt
    Matt ..Sounds like a plan!.. I'd probably fly up on a Friday morning & back on a Monday evening! ......( my guess would be the 2nd of May & return 5th) ...... I'll check on flights etc

No doubt a short term fix ....... Its like having a blood transfusion though.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Nagg the only thing too do is sell up and move to Queensland, Im thinking somewhere between Gin Gin and Gladstone would be the go, What do u think, Cheers Whitto PS The only downside is it takes about 20yrs before u can say your a QUEENSLANDER GO the Maroons
    Brisbane ! ..... around Christmas is the plan ....... That will do ( even 6 hours to Awoonga ..... is just a short drive Gin Gin .... I spend that time stuck in Sydney traffic.

I think my blood will continue to run BLUE though

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris. If you fly to Cairns, get a one way ticket, because you wont want to go back to sydney when you get there.!!! You really have the addiction bad now! There is no cure.

There are only 2 seasons IMHO. Barra season and football season. Altough they are beggining to overlap!!!

Cheers steve
    Starting to get the shakes again !
    No .... I'll have to get a return ticket ( How else am I going to bring up the Hornet )

big sigh>>>> Life is just not the same since I returned from fishing Awoonga & Monduran a couple of weeks ago .... I'm depressed & I feel that the spark has gone out of life ...
    As it turns out .... it looks like I've got a chronic case of I.B.D ( Impoundment Barra Disease) .... & it is apparently very difficult to cure!
    The only thing I can do ... Is take a couple of doses of Ausfish a day & concentrate on a regime of tackle purchases.

Does anyone else suffer from this affliction & how do you manage between fixes of trebles in the hand , dorsal spines in the body ....... & the aroma of barra on the hands ???

PS ....... Me in happier times Attachment 24259
    I know how you feel nagg i feel the same way but hopefully i will get a quick fix anzac day w/end if all goes to plan...

Ahh yes.. Accute Chronic Impoundment Barra Disease. A condition suffered by those poor souls living south of the QLD border, myself included

The photos plastered all over my office wall just add to the torment, as do regular visits to Ausfish. Damn those lucky buggers who live so close. If only I could convince the GF to shift camp..

BTW does anyone need a power quality engineer in the Gladstone area? please someone, please

I hear that there are some good clinics near Gin Gin , Benaraby , Proserpine , Atherton , Pinnacle & a few other places
    I really should go to them all

N n nn aa g g g ( here it goes again)

Quote Originally Posted by mikooh View Post
    Ahh yes.. Accute Chronic Impoundment Barra Disease. A condition suffered by those poor souls living south of the QLD border, myself included

The photos plastered all over my office wall just add to the torment, as do regular visits to Ausfish. Damn those lucky buggers who live so close. If only I could convince the GF to shift camp..

BTW does anyone need a power quality engineer in the Gladstone area? please someone, please

Mick ... sorry to hear that you too are a sufferer!

IBD, bah, preposterous (twitch), no such thing (blink blink blink), wake up to yourself young man (shakes violently), get a grip (falls to the floor and does a 360 ala curly from the three stooges) wooowoooowooooowooooo

Only 3 weeks for me to the next trip, unleesssss, maybe I can sneak in a quick fish next week end, hmmmm, I wonder if the missus will still be talking to me when I get back???
    Good thing about IBD is it makes you immune to the sound of high piched yelling

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    IBD, bah, preposterous (twitch), no such thing (blink blink blink), wake up to yourself young man (shakes violently), get a grip (falls to the floor and does a 360 ala curly from the three stooges) wooowoooowooooowooooo

Only 3 weeks for me to the next trip, unleesssss, maybe I can sneak in a quick fish next week end, hmmmm, I wonder if the missus will still be talking to me when I get back???
    Good thing about IBD is it makes you immune to the sound of high piched yelling
    Ahhhh ... The early stages