Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I.B.D

Re: I.B.D

Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    Try AFC then!
    One 5hr pre-fish then camera's roll!!!! (unless you can fish it every day until the event.)
    5 hrs to catch fish.............no pressure there.
    Its about adapting to the conditions and using your knowlege.
    Or, conversely if you dont have a job, pre-fish the hell outta the joint so its almost impossible to lose.
    Pre-fishing is the TOTAL key to winning tourno's, quite simply.
    Confidence comes from pre-fishing.
    Cheers
    Jas
    Jas .... What are the prefish regs for ABT ( Barra) ...... I believe they are a fair bit different to Bream & Bass

Nagg

PS .... you reckon you know of a couple that should get a job

Chris,

If your doing the entire tour you will no doubt have an advantage as you get more chance to prefish. each comps prefish ban begins at different times depending on when they start. Usually the cut off is dusk the night before the tournament from memory. Did you ever locate the rules and regs. I typically read them the night before I leave!!!

get a good life jacket and lanyard, digi camera,..they give you a brag mat. No alcohol during the comp....thats a downer. No trolling. No bait. thats about the major rules from memory......Start booking accomodation now. I prefer cabins to camping. you need the best night sleep you can get as it is a tiring tour. And setting up and dropping camp several times in 2 weeks is a pain!!!

cheers steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 06-04-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

Chris, She aint all barra slaying gravy in these comps. The fishing is generally quite tough due to boat numbers, weather and general competition pressure to land fish!! I dont think you actually breath when your trying to land a fish knowing how important every fish is (any dropped fish in a tournament HURT WAY more than social fishing!!!)

I was going to sell the boat and quit fishing after the 14 hour night comp at awoonga with NO fish and NO sleep!!!
    Without a doubt Steve ..... & I certainly have no preconceived ideas of braining them ( specially with still being a relative novice impoundment fishoe)
    I just want to give it a good go! .... learn something & have some fun
    & more importantly ..... its another excuse to fish/talk barra for 2 weeks ( I cant do that in good old Sydney town )

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Without a doubt Steve ..... & I certainly have no preconceived ideas of braining them ( specially with still being a relative novice impoundment fishoe)
    I just want to give it a good go! .... learn something & have some fun
    & more importantly ..... its another excuse to fish/talk barra for 2 weeks ( I cant do that in good old Sydney town )

Cheers

Chris
    You will do OK I reckon!!!! If you can absorb the right info from the right people on the trip, and you can fish OK too with the right gear (which you can and have) ...then you will do OK!

Chris,

If your doing the entire tour you will no doubt have an advantage as you get more chance to prefish. each comps prefish ban begins at different times depending on when they start. Usually the cut off is dusk the night before the tournament from memory. Did you ever locate the rules and regs. I typically read them the night before I leave!!!

get a good life jacket and lanyard, digi camera,..they give you a brag mat. No alcohol during the comp....thats a downer. No trolling. No bait. thats about the major rules from memory......Start booking accomodation now. I prefer cabins to camping. you need the best night sleep you can get as it is a tiring tour. And setting up and dropping camp several times in 2 weeks is a pain!!!

cheers steve
    Mate .... no go on the rules & regs ( I went back over a year on the fishing monthly web site ) ..... Joined the barra site ( but nothing yet on entry forms etc)
    Got the jacket & lanyard ( just need to remember to use them when traveling )
    Yeh ... the grog! ( makes sense) That will wait till we finish each day! .... I'll take two cameras
    Accom ..... cabins are probably booked out now ( since the dates were announced) ..... I'll have to see what we work out!
    Tiring it will be ...... just like every trip I do to Qld (pretty hard core .... 3 days recovery )
    What no bait or trolling ..... obviously no meatoes attend

thanks again Steve
    If you think of anything else .... great

PS ..... I was hoping to use a NSW brag mat ...... + 10%
    Last edited by NAGG; 06-04-2008 at 09:32 PM.

PS ..... I was hoping to use a NSW brag mat ...... + 10%[/quote]

Haa Ha, Yeah that reminded me of the first time I went to NSW, bought a $1- scratchie and it cost me $1.10......!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt beleive it!!

No wonder you all want to move up here!!! Oh yeah PM me about the poly business if you want. I am intrigued!!!

cheers steve

G'Day Chris,

This I.B.D. is real mate, i have suffered from it for six years or so now and i have spoken to the Doctor, also the VET, sorry mate the only cure is to visit one of the clinics you previously mentioned.
    As you would probably be aware that i recieved a fix in Oct. last year, so from the end of Oct. 2007 until 31/03/08 i suffered greatly.
    During the last week of March i recieved an invitation to book into the Benaraby Clinic so thats just what i did, 31/03/08 to 3/04/08 and i must say i am the better for it, just to craddle a Barra in your arms, marvel at the magnificence of our premier sportfish and to see her swim away when placed back into the water, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh geezzzzzzz that was good.
    But now, just 48 hours since i booked out of the clinic, held a magnificent Barra in my arms and have returned home to Brissie i am starting to twitch again, only one thing to do, move?????????? have spent around 6 hours checking out real estate, not sure yet?????????

Cheers,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    G'Day Chris,

This I.B.D. is real mate, i have suffered from it for six years or so now and i have spoken to the Doctor, also the VET, sorry mate the only cure is to visit one of the clinics you previously mentioned.
    As you would probably be aware that i recieved a fix in Oct. last year, so from the end of Oct. 2007 until 31/03/08 i suffered greatly.
    During the last week of March i recieved an invitation to book into the Benaraby Clinic so thats just what i did, 31/03/08 to 3/04/08 and i must say i am the better for it, just to craddle a Barra in your arms, marvel at the magnificence of our premier sportfish and to see her swim away when placed back into the water, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh geezzzzzzz that was good.
    But now, just 48 hours since i booked out of the clinic, held a magnificent Barra in my arms and have returned home to Brissie i am starting to twitch again, only one thing to do, move?????????? have spent around 6 hours checking out real estate, not sure yet?????????

Cheers,
    John.
    John .... When I saw the back of your car .... I knew you suffered from IBD ( with all that paraphernalia .... I knew you were a user! ( 3 weeks at the Kamp Kanga Clinic ...... convinced me further )
    At least you can get a shot of treatment easy enough ...... me on the other hand
    I'm hearing that Whitey has now contracted IBD ( joined Ausfish .... so you just know !)

Cheers & good to hear from you again
    There is no need to suffer alone

Chris

PS ..... Were you treated by Dr" Awoonga" ?
    Last edited by NAGG; 06-04-2008 at 09:57 PM.

PS ..... I was hoping to use a NSW brag mat ...... + 10%

Haa Ha, Yeah that reminded me of the first time I went to NSW, bought a $1- scratchie and it cost me $1.10......!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt beleive it!!

No wonder you all want to move up here!!! Oh yeah PM me about the poly business if you want. I am intrigued!!!

cheers steve[/quote]

That $0.10 we give back to you via the Qld petrol pump ( $0.10 / lt )

John .... When I saw the back of your car .... I knew you suffered from IBD ( with all that paraphernalia .... I knew you were a user! ( 3 weeks at the Kamp Kanga Clinic ...... convinced me further )
    At least you can get a shot of treatment easy enough ...... me on the other hand
    I'm hearing that Whitey has now contracted IBD ( joined Ausfish .... so you just know !)

Cheers & good to hear from you again
    There is no need to suffer alone

Chris

PS ..... Were you treated by Dr" Awoonga" ?
    Mate, Dr Awoonga is a fantasic healer Barra every day even though the conditions were less than favourable, best fish was a meter. He's not only a healer but just a great bloke who trys to help everybody, a real ambassador to the world of sport fishing.
    My closest clinic is 4 hours, Monduran, the next is Benaraby 6 hours and my second home Faust, is 13 hours

Mighty Whitey The Marlin Mauler has I.B.D. LOL, i bet he's still talking about it? I believe that as soon as he hooked a fish everyone within 10 klms heard all about it, bloody good stuff mate

Think i may have to return to the clinic at Benaraby as soon as the weather settles and the decomposing vegetation finishes. Noticed a lot of bait fish were carrying what apeared to be a fungal spot (similar to white spot in aquarium fish). Funny, since i opened up Ausfish, the tick has got quicker, the shake is much more volient, BAG IS PACKED, COULD BE OUT OF HERE WITHIN 30 MINUTES Watch this space!!!!!!

Cheers,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Mate, Dr Awoonga is a fantasic healer Barra every day even though the conditions were less than favourable, best fish was a meter. He's not only a healer but just a great bloke who trys to help everybody, a real ambassador to the world of sport fishing.
    My closest clinic is 4 hours, Monduran, the next is Benaraby 6 hours and my second home Faust, is 13 hours

Mighty Whitey The Marlin Mauler has I.B.D. LOL, i bet he's still talking about it? I believe that as soon as he hooked a fish everyone within 10 klms heard all about it, bloody good stuff mate

Think i may have to return to the clinic at Benaraby as soon as the weather settles and the decomposing vegetation finishes. Noticed a lot of bait fish were carrying what apeared to be a fungal spot (similar to white spot in aquarium fish). Funny, since i opened up Ausfish, the tick has got quicker, the shake is much more volient, BAG IS PACKED, COULD BE OUT OF HERE WITHIN 30 MINUTES Watch this space!!!!!!

Cheers,
    John.
    I thought as much ....... Dr Awoonga is an exceptional clinician & bloke
    I'm glad he helped you with your IBD ...... He actually coined the phrase I.B.D!.
    The Marlin Mauler certainly had a ball ( 15 landed ... Why wouldn't he be happy) ... Yeh he got around the van parks Gave heaps to some meatoes at Monduran
    Mate .... Yeh 30 mins ( that's do-able) ...... Its all good!

Cheers again

Chris

PS ..... Should be living in Brisbane around Christmas ..... whooohooo

Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    Try AFC then!
    One 5hr pre-fish then camera's roll!!!! (unless you can fish it every day until the event.)
    5 hrs to catch fish.............no pressure there.
    Its about adapting to the conditions and using your knowlege.
    Or, conversely if you dont have a job, pre-fish the hell outta the joint so its almost impossible to lose.
    Pre-fishing is the TOTAL key to winning tourno's, quite simply.
    Confidence comes from pre-fishing.
    Cheers
    Jas

tuff gig Jas, your talents/luck on display to all of Australia, rather you guys than me. Love my fishing, but Im gald I dont have to be on show while I do it. Hard enuf just trying to make sure your crew gets a fish, let alone produce in front of a camera on demand, least if I donut I can allways say "bugger, tomorrow they'll be on""
    Mind you, I have never missed an eposide of AFC on the box, especially the bass ones, something I really want to have a crack at.
    Im guessin that the basics are still the same no matter where you fish, so theres a good starting clue.
    Read about pre-fishing with hook less lures so as not to sting resident fish, save em for the next day, does that happen much?????

PS ..... Should be living in Brisbane around Christmas ..... whooohooo
    mate, exactly 41/2 hours from Woody Point (north side of briz vegas) to Mondy, includeing the compulsary stop for a curry chicken pie at the travelers rest at Gin Gin.
    Just a wander up the track

cheers
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    mate, exactly 41/2 hours from Woody Point (north side of briz vegas) to Mondy, includeing the compulsary stop for a curry chicken pie at the travelers rest at Gin Gin.
    Just a wander up the track

cheers
    brian
    Very good ....... So how often do you do the trip Brian?????

Chris

try to get up there once or twice a year mate, you know, boys week end away

would be there this week end if I didnt have to bank a few brownie points for Anzac day trip with the cheese and kisses
    brian