Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

I have heard some disturbing reports, that some people have been floging the hell out of the big parrot in the rainbow spearing them. Please if you happen to come across this boat and these people.

Feel free to throw sinkers at there boat ! Grab there license number or what but do something before the stuff for all of us.
    Last edited by nowornever; 03-04-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

Good luck diving in the Rainbow....big big sharks there all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Vic1 View Post
    Good luck diving in the Rainbow....big big sharks there all the time
    Mate on the small tides these guys are going down there and cleaning up all the big blue parrot. Maybe you can get one of your shark mates to go give them a touch up.

Im unaware of the spear fishing regulations, Is it illeagal to spear parrot in the rainbow?

Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Why-ting View Post
    Im unaware of the spear fishing regulations, Is it illeagal to spear parrot in the rainbow?

Whytey
    I gues its the ethics mate, I personally dont need to know if its legal to know its wrong.

Its legal but only a few would be capable of fishing tjhe area. There are some fair sized gentlemen in grey suits that regularly patrol that area. I would not dive it for quids
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

i don't agree with takin more then you need for a feed specially when your spearing. But what ever you do don't throw a snapper head at them if you do don't post it on here.

Quote Originally Posted by smallunit View Post
    nothing wrong with people taking a feed be it spear or line fishing.
    Onya mate, and as if they are just taking a feed how many parrot at 10 kl you got to kill to get a feed?

Not exceding their bag limits were they? Report if they were or let other enjoy their legal right to fish. Have a go at spear fishing yourself if it is so easy. when you get down there you will see all the lead sinkers and fishing line left behind. No wonder our fishings rights are so easily taken when we fight amongest our selves so much.

Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    how many parrot at 10 kl you got to kill to get a feed?
    I presume 10 kl means 10 kilo?????
    If that's the case, the answer to your question of "how many parrot at 10 kl you got to kill to get a feed?" would be 1 I'd reckon. That'd be a very nice feed.

Interesting, and I agree, one would be ample, however is a parrott fish that big edible, or would it be old and coarse ?

Cheers
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Quote Originally Posted by hondaguy View Post
    Not exceding their bag limits were they? Report if they were or let other enjoy their legal right to fish. Have a go at spear fishing yourself if it is so easy. when you get down there you will see all the lead sinkers and fishing line left behind. No wonder our fishings rights are so easily taken when we fight amongest our selves so much.
    Too write mate, spearfishing is a great way too fish but you have to fish
    responsable. Ive read about many anglers taking too many fish. BUT.. it
    is dissapointing to see that a 15 year old (me) can see sense in how many fish is
    a feed compaird to 25-45 year old men.
    cheers, jamie
    Last edited by Cobia Kid; 04-04-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    Ahhhhh, To be young and Free

Well said Cobia Kid!
    From my perspective, it is very encouraging that you can see the sense in just taking a feed or two.
    Greed ain't good in any shape or form.
    Cheers.

Cobia kid: good to see you partake in the art of spearfishing, hope you dive with a buddy system for safety. I don't ever get my bag limit as the hunt is worthwhile and just to get in range of a fish and then not shoot. Similar to catch and release on line. But there are rogues in every group of people that tranish the rest.

Spearfishing like most things is a good thing until abused there is always someone who will give the genuine sportsman a bad name.
    When I was at Straddie at Amity Pt I noticed a spearfisherman take a parrot which had to be under size or just on.I was thinking that you wouldnt even shoot at something that was border line would you?Water can be deceptive and you cant shoot and ask questions later the fish is dead!!
    As far as catching a feed- I think there would be a stronger desire to pull the trigger on a fish for some as compared to actually catching and releasing a fish on a line-even though the fish might be speared for 'a feed ' it could be for these 'rainbow parrot killers' the excitement of the hunt and kill not a feed of fish.
    Mex