Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    I snorkle & spearfish and there is nothing wrong with it there is legal limits (same as fishing) most people think spearfisher men kill everything they see but that isnt true like fisherman there is always people that don't follow the law.
    If you think about it fisherman would kill alot more fish then spearfisher men as there is heaps more people that fish.When the water is nice and clear and im over a reef i just cant help to jump in and have a look around and you learn alot aswell.I fish ,snorkle and spearfish and love them all.
    cheers BK

  2. #17

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Quote Originally Posted by BARRAkid View Post
    I snorkle & spearfish and there is nothing wrong with it there is legal limits (same as fishing) most people think spearfisher men kill everything they see but that isnt true like fisherman there is always people that don't follow the law.
    If you think about it fisherman would kill alot more fish then spearfisher men as there is heaps more people that fish.When the water is nice and clear and im over a reef i just cant help to jump in and have a look around and you learn alot aswell.I fish ,snorkle and spearfish and love them all.
    cheers BK
    I DONT CARE WHAT THE BAG LIMITS ARE ! ONE TEN KILO PARROT IS ENOUGH THESE FOOLS HAVE GONE DOWN THERE AND SPEARED ALOT OF THEM...........

    I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND WHO EVER IS DOING IT TO STOP DOING IT

  3. #18

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    mate as i said some people do these sorts off things but i guess it happins with everything.
    i agree one would be more then enough

  4. #19

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    i would love to have big enough balls to go spearfishing in an area like that!!!!! As the original post wasn't real specific, i would have to assume that they were not breaking the law, and if thats the case, they have every right to do what they are doing!

    find it funny how you are prepared to throw hard objects at someones property and cause damage (breaking the law) yet these guys are within guidlines and enjoying themselves. If it can be shown that these guys were in fact taking more than they should be... i stand corrected.

    gotta wonder sometimes how old people on this site really are. i just logged in and have read about 5 posts where people are complaining about people doing stuff that they have every right to do! I am all for sustainability etc, thats why we have bag limits and sizes! I normally make a point of not weighing into debates like this, but some people are over the top!

    pete
    " Sea 'n' Things " 420 Quintrex-Suzuki 30

  5. #20

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    nowornever
    have you seen them with a 10kg parrot
    or more than 1 fish
    so what did u do

    pete

  6. #21

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    I gues its the ethics mate, I personally dont need to know if its legal to know its wrong.
    Why is it wrong if they are within there legal rights.How many old salts that know how to target parrot regulary keep 2 or 3 big parrot 10kg plus for fishing comps and get applauded for it.. If its ok for a line fisherman then why should a spear fisherman be bagged for it.

    In saying this there are always people that dont want to play by the rules, so if you see someone doing something illeagal then take it upon yourself to report them.

    Just my thoughts

    Nick.
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

  7. #22

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    We probably need a slot limit on fish like these with only one over a certain size. Until then it is up to the indevidual to make their own personal decision
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

  8. #23

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    We need a Third Reich Program to do some ethnic cleaning, for those spear fishing in the bay.

  9. #24

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Racist maybe, there are ways to catch a fish, and as far as i'm concerned spear fishing in the bay is not one of them.
    So if that means i'm racist so be it.

  10. #25

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Stop bitching if they are not breaking the law then let them be its a sport.I bet you most people that catch a big parrot will be putting it straight into the esky the same with red emporer,trout,snapper and the list goes on.

  11. #26

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Quote Originally Posted by outsiderskip View Post
    nowornever
    have you seen them with a 10kg parrot
    or more than 1 fish
    so what did u do

    pete
    They were gloating at the local tackle shop, the owner of the store told me about it appariently they took quite a few fish.

    Which really is rediculious!

  12. #27

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Quote Originally Posted by BARRAkid View Post
    Stop bitching if they are not breaking the law then let them be its a sport.I bet you most people that catch a big parrot will be putting it straight into the esky the same with red emporer,trout,snapper and the list goes on.
    So Mr BarraKid would you go and keep 8 20 or thirty plus kilo barra just cause you caught them?

    I personally would not, nor would I catch and keep or spear 8 large parrot which is rediculious. If the only argument you have is to do with its legal, and that makes it right! Then you dont hold much ethics.

  13. #28

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Quote Originally Posted by BARRAkid View Post
    Stop bitching if they are not breaking the law then let them be its a sport.I bet you most people that catch a big parrot will be putting it straight into the esky the same with red emporer,trout,snapper and the list goes on.
    Listen buddy, I dont think that you are doing yourself any favours by speaking with this sort of attitude , Why cant you just respect everyone thoughts and opinons about this thread, this is after all a 'PUBLIC FORUM'
    Ahhhhh, To be young and Free

  14. #29

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobia Kid View Post
    Listen buddy, I dont think that you are doing yourself any favours by speaking with this sort of attitude , Why cant you just respect everyone thoughts and opinons about this thread, this is after all a 'PUBLIC FORUM'
    Yes I agree

  15. #30

    Re: Spear Fishing Blue Parrot in the Rainbow!

    and thou shall only kill fish the way i do .......... sorry guys sounds like some body having a quick fondle. some use a rod some use a spear. splitting some hairs here i think. I use a rod and I keep more than one parrot. maybe i'm worse than those spearo's. or just good at catching parrot.

    BigE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us