Thread: Toowoomba fishing club

Toowoomba fishing club

Does anyone know of an amature fishing club in toowoomba or near by. I have not done much freshwater fishing but I am keen to get in to it! ANY direction would be appreciated!

Re: Toowoomba fishing club

Cabarlah used to have a fishing club. Not sure if they still do or not. Drop into the Cabarlah pub and have a chat to them. Also have a Look at Toowoomba.com under Community Directories and then Leisure & Recreation.

Regards

I would try talking to Mullet Gut Marine, you couldn't go wrong with their advice.

Regards Gordon

not wanting to argue but mullet gut are just full off crap as most of the locals know. woodsy

Mate give me a call on 0411227304 I am the club captain of Southern Cross Fishing Club based in Toowoomba. Cheers Kevin

PS Trip this weekend to Boondoomba and Monduran on the long weekend.

Flathead, if you're interested, I am in the Nobby fishing club with a few mates from work. Only a small club, but we have a lot of fun. Also do the ABT electric fishing comps. Give me a call on 0415 445142 (Rory). We know most of the local dams. Mullet Gut Marine is a great place for advice, with local anglers who go there all the time with local reports, and Peter Taylor does a lot for the fishing community, such as organising fish restocking of local dams and rivers. Without this, there would be no fish.
    Last edited by Nobby; 12-04-2008 at 05:29 PM.

not sure about fishing clubs but i reckon i know that president of the peter Taylor fan club . sure he does a lot for restocking .how convenient he also owns a tackle shop so he can sell bait and tackle so people can go and catch these fish .put it into context he talks through his pocket . we all pay for impoundment permits to restock these dams .thats enough of a winge today woodsy

Hey Woodsy, would you sooner go to Mullet Gut and get some SERVICE and support someone local or go to BCF and get nothing cheers Kevin

And pay $5.00 less on jackals then other fishing shops in Toowoomba, plus the huge savings on other gear.

Even cheaper over seas hey simon.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsy76 View Post
    not sure about fishing clubs but i reckon i know that president of the peter Taylor fan club . sure he does a lot for restocking .how convenient he also owns a tackle shop so he can sell bait and tackle so people can go and catch these fish .put it into context he talks through his pocket . we all pay for impoundment permits to restock these dams .thats enough of a winge today woodsy
    opinions are like A-holes, everyones got one... here's mine... you are a ########

mullet gut marine has been around for a very long, i still remember when it was a tiny little yellow shop across the road from where it is today, and even though i havn't been there (or toowoomba) in 10 years, the family who run this business have worked hard and always looked after me and my family as amateur fishers new to the scene...

Glad to hear they are still going strong!

MULLET GUT MARINES BIGGEST FAN